Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

cson wrote: »
    What I can't understand with the rain is how it actually slows down your players physically.

The pitch is heavier and therefore the game considers it to be not as easy to run in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

No snow for months, then they 'fix' it and now get it 4-5 times in a row. I hate it, exaggerates an already over exaggerated first touch. Stupid scrappy games.

Cup weekends in Pro clubs. Nothing but a buggy pos so I dont bother playing with the cup is open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭dorkacle

sugarman wrote: »
    When youre in the middle of a counter attack and the ref blows for ht or ft when youre in the oppositions half with either 1 or 2 men to beat or none at all! Ridiculous stuff

That happens all the time! So annoying.

And offline it seems also that when you cross the half way line in injury time the ref blows the whistle, yet if the AI does it, no whistle....?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

Hmmm, a lot of things lately, don't know where to start :rolleyes:

The variation of teams I have come up against lately hasn't changed, it's a mix of Brazil, Madrid, Barca or Chelsea. Even if I change my team to a 4 star, I still manage to get the better teams (match making my ass)

When playing against the overpowered teams, if they score in the first few minutes, half or basically before me I get to look forward to chasing the ball or running into the corner where they are holding up play, had a guy do this to me after he scored in the 8th min. Really annoying!!

The old madrid tactic seems to be back with some players, kick off, L1 pass, let Ronaldo run and lofted through ball with a shot on the volley!!

With the above post about the ref blowing coming to HT or FT is ridiculous, i've had online players get the chance to run at the defence take a shot, get a corner, handle the rebound and get another corner, the second I cross the half way line that's it, WHISTLE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

When youre in the middle of a counter attack and the ref blows for ht or ft when youre in the oppositions half with either 1 or 2 men to beat or none at all! Ridiculous stuff

In the original Fifa, the ball would be flying into the top corner, a 100th of a second from crossing the line and the ref would blow the whistle.
    Carry on...... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,197 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The first touch control favours one touch passers, they can make their pass without any consequence while 50% of first touches seem to favour the defender in that the player touching doesn't recover fast enough.

Tackling is a joke. The fact that after so many years there's still no way of shielding the ball or any consequence for just running at the player is ridiculous. The amount of times the ball is just cleanly stripped from a player with 90 odd acceleration when running at speed is silly. It doesn't seem to matter if the tackle comes in from behind, the side or in front, same result.

The difficulty online is amateur isn't it? That's silly and just makes defending a futile task a lot of the time, if you shut down the passing lanes to 3 players the 4th will be free only because the guy over there never tracked the run.

I was winning 3-0, the guy comes back and wins 3-5 in the end. My team decided it didn't want to defend anymore after he got one back. But once he got level, he watched every replay the full 3 times then after he won watched the entire outro and all the match highlights. Such little class.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,157 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Sacramento wrote: »
    I was winning 3-0, the guy comes back and wins 3-5 in the end. My team decided it didn't want to defend anymore after he got one back. But once he got level, he watched every replay the full 3 times then after he won watched the entire outro and all the match highlights. Such little class.

and let me guess he also did the sssshhhhhhhh or the "I cant hear you" celebration?

I dont normally lose more then 2 goal lead and never lost 3 goal lead, although when in other foot it is same, bar few games.

I was playing last night and went down 4-0 to guy which in all honesty do not know how the hell he was winning. Everything was going his way. It was like as if EA was laughing in my face. I got it back to 4-3 with few minutes left. He started to panic and I got 1 on 1 with keeper he brings keeper out and basically trips me to the ground. No peno. From resulting corner my header its off the post he clears it and game over.

Stats were something like 18 shots with 12 on target to his 6 shots and 6 on target. I had 65% possession too.

I would say something if I had just won the league or had won it multiple times maybe EA might want me bring me down peg or 2, but seriously they're times when I wonder is the game set up for 1 team to win from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

I was playing online as Chelsea vs Spurs the other day. It was one of the most awful games I've ever played. Spurs won 90% of headers, so he kept crossing all game and won a s**T load of corners from the keeper saving these headers. Then at corners he still kept winning the headers. I did win some headers, but my players kept heading it out for more corners every single time. I also got bullied all game and pushed off the ball constantly, safe to say I lost easily, can't remember the score!

I've actually had enough of online play now it's a joke!! I'm in Australia with sh*te broadband and can get days where i keep disconnecting but what I've noticed happening is if I disconnect when it's a draw it counts as a loss for me!! If I am winning and it disconnects it doesn't count as anything!!

4 games I just played, it was 1-1 89th min i disconnected, it counted as a 3-0 loss, winning 4-1 disconnect in the 50th min, no draw no win, NOTHING!! WTF IF GOING ON??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

In fairness a lot of players push their team forward when in possession if its gone past the 45 min or 90 min mark with the knowledge the game will end if they lose the ball. I also think it's fairly realistic. just cause Fifa moves a little faster than real life makes it more noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've actually had enough of online play now it's a joke!! I'm in Australia with sh*te broadband and can get days where i keep disconnecting but what I've noticed happening is if I disconnect when it's a draw it counts as a loss for me!! If I am winning and it disconnects it doesn't count as anything!!

4 games I just played, it was 1-1 89th min i disconnected, it counted as a 3-0 loss, winning 4-1 disconnect in the 50th min, no draw no win, NOTHING!! WTF IF GOING ON??

But it is your internet connection which is the problem. Sounds to me that you're lucky that you're getting nothing when you should be getting defeats.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    But it is your internet connection which is the problem. Sounds to me that you're lucky that you're getting nothing when you should be getting defeats.

If the other player disconnects when I am winning I get nothing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

What the hell is it will all the offensive foul calls on FIFA 13. It's not freaking basketball. I don't know how many time I've hd fould called against me when I'm in posession of the football. Ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 34,157 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It's never been issue in previous FIFA, but Refs are a joke.

They have done all they can to help kids win with FIFA 13. The amount of times I have been fouled in box and nothing given is not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Going to take a break from playing FIFA. This is the most frustrating experience I've had in any video game.

- 8 random penalties against me in 12 games. No sliding tackles, no dragging out of players with the pressure button. Keeper takes the ball cleanly from the strikers feet, pen. Keeper throws the ball out after a corner, runs back to his lies, knocks over a striker while I'm running with the ball up the pitch, pen...etc
    - 22 shots to 1, and I only draw the game 1-1.
    - Losing 1-0 at half time, and the game ended and I got the loss??
    - Winning 2-0 in a cup game, the guy quits after he has a man sent off in the last min, and I don't get the win.
    - The majority of people I play against with the ssssh celebration and watching replays, even if I've skipped all of mine.
    - Even apart from the random penalties where you basically start every game 1-0, the refs are a joke.

On the pulse side, it's probably the push I need to go and clear my backlog of games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

i absolutely hate when the other player scores a peno and they procide to watch every single replay

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

2-0 up in the 60th min, guy pauses it then quits, and I didn't get the win, WTF?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Played a few games in the last week where i went 1-0 up and the opponent quit after 5mins, that happens an awful lot, like why bother, but thats not what p1ssed me off, after these games i had a look at my rep and and i had been done for unsporting conduct :eek:.

Played a few games in the last week where i went 1-0 up and the opponent quit after 5mins, that happens an awful lot, like why bother, but thats not what p1ssed me off, after these games i had a look at my rep and and i had been done for unsporting conduct :eek:.
    How dare you score a goal!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

It was a couple of months after I started playing Fifa online when I first checked my rep,
    Didn't have a mic at this stage, checked rep and it was horrific!
    x amount of people said I was unsportsmanlike,
    y amount of people said I used foul language... I didn't have a mic!

I didn't know you could go up to other peoples tags and abuse them!
    Haven't checked mine in a while and have won quite a few...
    Dreading to think what it might be... :P

Come to think of it I've never spoken to another player after a match via mic,
    And on the odd occasion I have messaged them, it's to say good game, which I generally say after a loss in the hope of a rematch and retribution :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Does it really matter though? I don't watch replays, celebrate, pass the ball around at the back or play 5 at the back or do any of the typical 'FIFA dickhead' stuff, but I seem to get bad rep every time I win a match.

Welcome to FIFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

how do you view rep?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Does it really matter though? I don't watch replays, celebrate, pass the ball around at the back or play 5 at the back or do any of the typical 'FIFA dickhead' stuff, but I seem to get bad rep every time I win a match.

Welcome to FIFA.

It doesnt matter to me about the rep, just dont like lads who quit against me (or i just was better then them) saying i'm unsporting when they've quit after 10mins, i've played Fifa for years but this is the 1st year ive experienced this type of sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

Just after smashing my first controller there cos of this game. Somewhat unintentionally; went to throw it at the couch and missed.

I'm convinced that there's some kind of pre determined factors (if not results) in the game. I've seen it go for me where I've played between **** and mediocre and won because everything has gone for me and now I'm at the other end of the spectrum and playing well and losing. So frustrating.

**** you Fifa 13 and **** you EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

So after a marathon session today I've come to some conclusions in relation to what I hate about FIFA.

1. The game doesn't reward the better player. I'm playing great, my passing is incisive, I'm moving the ball about well, I'm picking holes in the opposition defence for fun but I can't score. I denied by crossbars, by the supernatural forces of the guy's Neuer and Dante, I'm denied by things that in real life gravity simply wouldn't allow. I've had 7 shots and even more opportunities in the opening 30 minutes of the game, I've had well over 60% possession and I'm not sure this guy I'm playing has even had a touch of the ball in my box. So we all know what's coming next.....he scores, his first meaningful attack he scores. He scores because my line is ridiculously high (I'm playing on bloody defensive! Why are you so high!) because Mascherano, for whatever reason, strolls out of position and Alba doesn't bother to cover. So that's it, 1-0. I keep making chances, the ball doesn't go in. My line continues to mysteriously drift up the pitch. 2-0, I score in the 75th minute, he scores in the 90th and I'm ready to eat my controller.

2. First touches. Yes in real life nobody takes a perfect first touch all the time. However nobody in real life (especially not Barcelona players) take as many poor touches under practically no pressure as the players in this game do. Honestly what is wrong with them? The second you try to play a neat little passing move you can guarantee that Iniesta will be there to knock the ball 2 yards ahead of himself, as if he were wearing lead in his boots.

3. Too much of a reliance on pace. So I have a 3 vs 2 situation in my favour, I work it to Iniesta through the middle, he's got a nice 4-5 yard headstart on the nearest opposing player (the beast otherwise known as Dante) and he's only a couple yards from the edge of the box. Dante catches him without a bother. Iniesta's combination of awful touches and apparent lack of Ronaldo like pace means that he will rarely score from these sorts of situations.

4. Scripting. I'm sure I've won games via FIFA but when your losing games that you know you should win it makes me so mad that I smash my controller and then vent about it on an internet forum. I hate this bloody game.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

cson wrote: »
    Just after smashing my first controller there cos of this game. Somewhat unintentionally; went to throw it at the couch and missed.

I'm convinced that there's some kind of pre determined factors (if not results) in the game. I've seen it go for me where I've played between **** and mediocre and won because everything has gone for me and now I'm at the other end of the spectrum and playing well and losing. So frustrating.

**** you Fifa 13 and **** you EA.

Scripting.

Known term amongst Ultimate Team and Pro Club players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭d.anthony

TheGunns wrote: »
    how do you view rep?

I too would like to know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Every time I end up viewing own rep I forget how I found it...
    I know a convoluted way of looking is when you're in a party (even if you join your own one) go over your name and select view gamertag.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 herbytosh

Pro evo destroys fifa

fifa is for 10 year olds who don't have a clue about football

Advertisement