Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

herbytosh wrote: »
    Pro evo destroys fifa

fifa is for 10 year olds who don't have a clue about football

Is it 2004/5 again???

PES hasnt come close to FIFA in a long time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 herbytosh

Melion wrote: »
    Is it 2004/5 again???

PES hasnt come close to FIFA in a long time.

you obviously haven't played pes 2013 or fifa 13

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

I've played both,
    Only thing with Fifa is they have licensed PL names and friends play it online..
    Why I opted for Fifa 13...
    Actually play Fifa with PES controls..

I've played both,
    Only thing with Fifa is they have licensed PL names and friends play it online..
    Why I opted for Fifa 13...
    Actually play Fifa with PES controls..

My point proved... fcuk the jerseys its all about the gameplay

fifa online is utter wnak

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Ryu Hayabusa

Pro evo destroys fifa

fifa is for 10 year olds who don't have a clue about football

I'm not sure if you are an idiot or a troll but based on your post history I would say you are both

• Advertisement

I'm not sure if you are an idiot or a troll but based on your post history I would say you are both

says the broke unemployed ******

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Ryu Hayabusa

Must try harder

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Based on your 22 posts on Boards.ie, you won't have long here I reckon.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Based on your 22 posts on Boards.ie, you won't have long here I reckon.

I know i actually have a life unlike some :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I know i actually have a life unlike some :cool:

Banned. Shocker.

Back on topic, andesonisgod, scripting made me give up FIFA as a series. Is it still going in 13?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭vcshqkf9rpzgoe

When it disconnects for no reason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭vcshqkf9rpzgoe

My FIFA video what do you lads think? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y7lYJSIiLQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

There is scripting but sometimes I can't help but feel as if I can prevent most things if I had been more aware. 45/90 min corners are the main culprit, can't do anything about it as they just fly in. Can't think of many other situations when the game goes against me, maybe the opposition keeper being spectacular but it doesn't happen so often that it's unrealistic for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Every piece of anecdotal evidence about 'scripting' in FIFA could be matched with ten examples in real life of teams not getting what they deserve out of football matches. Unless Vince McMahon has been running football these last few decades I suspect that there's little or no scripting involved in either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Sacramento wrote: »
    I was winning 3-0, the guy comes back and wins 3-5 in the end. My team decided it didn't want to defend anymore after he got one back. But once he got level, he watched every replay the full 3 times then after he won watched the entire outro and all the match highlights. Such little class.

This reminds me of when I was playing my older brother in FIFA 2002 back in the day. He said I couldn't beat him by more than 1 goal even though I have a decent record against him. I went for the heavy artillery in Real Madrid and he picked Barcelona. He took an early lead but I managed to rack up a 7-1 lead at half-time (4 minutes per half). Somehow, all my players were complete rubbish in the second half and I only won the match 7-6 which proved his point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

got a lovely message last night from some random player that i won against.

"f**k you pr**k, i should trace your IP address and slit ur skinny neck! sleep with one eye open... we will see who the ****** is when your squealing like a stuck pig.... to think i went to Iraq to fight so your lazy ass could play video games... u f**ked with the wrong Douchebag!"

sent him back " you lost get over it, its only a game"

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Paul1990

"f**k you pr**k, i should trace your IP address and slit ur skinny neck! sleep with one eye open... we will see who the ****** is when your squealing like a stuck pig.... to think i went to Iraq to fight so your lazy ass could play video games... u f**ked with the wrong Douchebag!"

I like being a sarcastic prick to those types.

Just reply "Good game, you played well." It'll probably rile them up more.

Paul1990 wrote: »
    I like being a sarcastic prick to those types.

Just reply "Good game, you played well." It'll probably rile them up more.

haha that's true. he spelt most of the words wrong so i was gonna go grammer police on him for craic but was way too much effort lol

• Registered Users Posts: 34,157 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

"U mad bro?"
    "can't help if I'm far superior then you"

That's all I would say.

It's only a game. What makes that worse is that guy must be well over 20 if not closer to 30.

The irony in his post should not be lost either. No wonder he is back home.

"U mad bro?"
    "can't help if I'm far superior then you"

That's all I would say.

It's only a game. What makes that worse is that guy must be well over 20 if not closer to 30.

The irony in his post should not be lost either. No wonder he is back home.

or he cud be a kid troll. his psn tag is douchebag08*** and he couldn't type to save his life.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

How do I check my rep?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Banned. Shocker.

Back on topic, andesonisgod, scripting made me give up FIFA as a series. Is it still going in 13?

Late reply here because I've taken a bit of time out from all things FIFA in an effort to regain my bearings and to prolong my controllers lifespan.

But ye I'm almost sure it's scripted. Goals, for and against, in the 90th and 45th minute are far too common for it not to be. Little things like breaks of the ball or ref decisions or perplexing decision making from defenders too often seems to go entirely for you or entirely against you on a game to game basis.

I'm not a FIFA hater, I've been playing it since FIFA 1999 and since I started playing it online (around FIFA 10) I'm sure I've benefited from scripting, equally I've lost out because of scripting. This years version is probably the most infuriating in the series yet, something needs to be done about it or Pro Evo need to up their game to give us a real alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Interesting topic, ive played the footie games qll my life and to be honest what both pes and fifa are missing is spontaneous decision making by the players without the ball.....

All too often you can easily predict where a player is going to be and what run he will make....

The first gsme to spice things up a bit would take a huge leap ahead of the opposition in my view

Might be 3rd time I have mentioned it but

Refs, Refs, Refs.

Fix them!!!!!!!!!! This game was set up to help the "win at all costs" type of player.

Won a game 2-1 this morning. Played a lovely move involving 15+ passes and then one of the opposition players hacks me down as im about to shoot from the back.

It was straight red never mind a free. I was very glad I won, but this guy got away with so much.

I played guy yesterday and lost 5-0 and he scored 2 goals after rainbow flick over my keeper. I messaged him saying "nice skills" and he seemed sound out. He was just much better then me. No worries.

I actually enjoyed playing in the game I lost more then playing in a win where it was like playing game of rugby.

Also they need to nerf down the High Pressure and Aggression tactic. I dont mind people who use it once its not abused. If they made 75-80 their max for Fifa 14 I be happy.

I dont mind playing people who use it, just once they dont slide tackle and basically make it game of rugby like player I played this morning. Also stamina should suffer more too. That way people can play it more tactically.

I even put it up high from time to time myself, but only if chasing a goal with 10 minutes to go and no more then 70 on each slider.

Might be 3rd time I have mentioned it but

Refs, Refs, Refs.

Fix them!!!!!!!!!! This game was set up to help the "win at all costs" type of player.

Won a game 2-1 this morning. Played a lovely move involving 15+ passes and then one of the opposition players hacks me down as im about to shoot from the back.

It was straight red never mind a free. I was very glad I won, but this guy got away with so much.

I played guy yesterday and lost 5-0 and he scored 2 goals after rainbow flick over my keeper. I messaged him saying "nice skills" and he seemed sound out. He was just much better then me. No worries.

I actually enjoyed playing in the game I lost more then playing in a win where it was like playing game of rugby.

Also they need to nerf down the High Pressure and Aggression tactic. I dont mind people who use it once its not abused. If they made 75-80 their max for Fifa 14 I be happy.

I dont mind playing people who use it, just once they dont slide tackle and basically make it game of rugby like player I played this morning. Also stamina should suffer more too. That way people can play it more tactically.

I even put it up high from time to time myself, but only if chasing a goal with 10 minutes to go and no more then 70 on each slider.

Challenges are a part of the game so you should stop complaining. You sound like one of those guy that always talks about "small, techically gifted players". You should get off your high horse.

764dak wrote: »
    Challenges are a part of the game so you should stop complaining. You sound like one of those guy that always talks about "small, techically gifted players". You should get off your high horse.

was that you who I played this morning?:pac::pac:

Seriously though you think the Refs are ok in the game? Challenge from behind is fine?

High horse!!! What high horse?:rolleyes:

and btw great contribution

was that you who I played this morning?:pac::pac:

Seriously though you think the Refs are ok in the game? Challenge from behind is fine?

High horse!!! What high horse?:rolleyes:

and btw great contribution

Refs are rubbish especially when it comes to calls like offsides. I even remembe- playing my brother-in-law in FIFA 2002 for PS1 (using a PS2) and clearly passed the ball in my own net (I was clearing it for a corner). The ref gave a corner! It was hilarious.

Refs are rubbish especially when it comes to calls like offsides. I even remembe- playing my brother-in-law in FIFA 2002 for PS1 (using a PS2) and clearly passed the ball in my own net (I was clearing it for a corner). The ref gave a corner! It was hilarious.

But they were much better for last couple of Fifa well 11 and 12 anyway.

I know crap happens. I have got penalties where I was like "what the hell", how was that a penalty. I just think there is glitch with Refs in this game and they get lot decisions wrong and let way too much go.

Just my 2c. many feel the same.

I hate the way FIFA makes your defence rubbish when playing world class. I was playing FIFA 2005 the other day. I normally use radar to see the movement and position of players. I lost the ball in midfield so I using a midfield to chase the dribbler of the ball. My defence was backing off while the dribbler was heading towards the RCB. One of the dribbler's teammates was making a run towards the LCB. The LCB for some reason decides to go towards the dribbler which would leave space open for the onrushing man. I tried to switch players to prevent it but the game switched my player to the RCB so the dribbler simply passed the ball into the empty space where his teammated got an easy finish into the top corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

Thats the actual rule though in football, you can't concede a goal directly from "a throw-in, free kick (direct or indirect), corner kick or goal kick. Should the any of these situations occur, a corner kick is instead awarded to the attacking team."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Own_goal#Association_football

Advertisement