Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

simonw wrote: »
    Thats the actual rule though in football, you can't concede a goal directly from "a throw-in, free kick (direct or indirect), corner kick or goal kick. Should the any of these situations occur, a corner kick is instead awarded to the attacking team."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Own_goal#Association_football

Actually, I said I was clearing the ball. I think it was a cross I was defending and I decided to pass it out for a corner but accidentally scored an own goal but the ref gave a corner kick instead of allowing the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Talking about refs I had a game yesterday with Arsenal where my player got fouled about 20 yards out, the ref gave the advantage and I rode one more challenge into the box and then beautilfully finished passed a stranged keeper and with the ball sailing into the net the ref decided to bring play back for the free-kick he'd not given five seconds earlier. I was not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,102 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Talking about refs I had a game yesterday with Arsenal where my player got fouled about 20 yards out, the ref gave the advantage and I rode one more challenge into the box and then beautilfully finished passed a stranged keeper and with the ball sailing into the net the ref decided to bring play back for the free-kick he'd not given five seconds earlier. I was not impressed.

Noticed in last week that Ref does seem to blow back. Thought it was just me.

Am I right in saying this only seems to be lately too?

Maybe it's just me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭dorkacle

Noticed in last week that Ref does seem to blow back. Thought it was just me.

Am I right in saying this only seems to be lately too?

Maybe it's just me

This happened to me for first time only recently too so maybe yeah.

Got pulled in the box but managed to score only to be given a penalty which i missed hah! (I was hungover a little)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Being a newcomer to fifa, the thing that annoys me is no instruction booklet. And the skills challenge to teach you the controls is woeful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Paul1990

Might be 3rd time I have mentioned it but

Refs, Refs, Refs.

Fix them!!!!!!!!!! This game was set up to help the "win at all costs" type of player.

Won a game 2-1 this morning. Played a lovely move involving 15+ passes and then one of the opposition players hacks me down as im about to shoot from the back.

It was straight red never mind a free. I was very glad I won, but this guy got away with so much.

I played guy yesterday and lost 5-0 and he scored 2 goals after rainbow flick over my keeper. I messaged him saying "nice skills" and he seemed sound out. He was just much better then me. No worries.

I actually enjoyed playing in the game I lost more then playing in a win where it was like playing game of rugby.

Also they need to nerf down the High Pressure and Aggression tactic. I dont mind people who use it once its not abused. If they made 75-80 their max for Fifa 14 I be happy.

I dont mind playing people who use it, just once they dont slide tackle and basically make it game of rugby like player I played this morning. Also stamina should suffer more too. That way people can play it more tactically.

I even put it up high from time to time myself, but only if chasing a goal with 10 minutes to go and no more then 70 on each slider.

Make stamina more important, that'll soon put an end to it. Having players sprinting non-stop for 90 minutes should have an impact on their performance.

I don't usually moan about such things but for the second time in a couple of days just then I've won a match, the opponent has quit after the final whistle and i've not got the win. It cost me promotion last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I don't usually moan about such things but for the second time in a couple of days just then I've won a match, the opponent has quit after the final whistle and i've not got the win. It cost me promotion last time.

This happened me a few weeks ago, and it cost me a promotion as well!

Looks like it may cost me this season as well. Need six points from two games when I should need three points from one game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Playing a game today when I got two players of mine running at the keeper. Keeper comes out, fouls player 1 but I get the pass off, leaving player two free run at an open net.

As the ball is kicked and on track to go in, the ref calls me back for the free kick. Went on to only get a draw too :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Twice through 1 on 1 with keeper,
    Twice referee blows whistle for injury...
    One of which I was mid-shot (which went in,) so when the referee brought it back,
    It was their possession.
    Went on to win the match though,
    Would've lost it altogether otherwise.

Paul1990 wrote: »
    Make stamina more important, that'll soon put an end to it. Having players sprinting non-stop for 90 minutes should have an impact on their performance.

Do you mean like real-life Barca?

764dak wrote: »
    Do you mean like real-life Barca?

Do you set the settings high for both Pressure and Aggression?

Do you set the settings high for both Pressure and Aggression?
    It's not a bad tactic.

764dak wrote: »
    It's not a bad tactic.

Nobody is saying its bad. Just that it's unrealistic at the higher end of the sliders and fitness issue does not be taken as a factor.

Barcelona do it but Dortmund play it even more. The thing is when Barca get the ball they play at pedestrian rate and not running around like crazy men trying to have 8 attackers in opposition third.

I have played against guys who have settings on around 70-75 for both and that's fine. It's a tactic in real life so don't see why anyone wants to get rid.

I don't want rid, I do however want it to be realistic as do most. That is all.

What's the best tactic when you're playing online and some dickhead wants to waste time, so he just passes it from keeper, out to each fullback, just standing there and not running?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Cienciano wrote: »
    What's the best tactic when you're playing online and some dickhead wants to waste time, so he just passes it from keeper, out to each fullback, just standing there and not running?

shout abuse on headset an tell them ya rode their mother :P :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Paul1990

Go all out attack, hold R1 to double press and use the pressure tactic. It's not guaranteed to get the ball back but you'll have a much better chance than chasing him around with one or two players.

You will leave huge gaps which he can lump it into though.

Cheers, I'll try that. REally annoying, especially when the guy you're playing is shíte and just got a lucky goal.
    No better feeling than guessing his next pass, intercepting and getting a goal from it, then when you're 2-1 up doing the same :cool:
    I know it's sinking to their level, but still enjoyable

Cheers, I'll try that. REally annoying, especially when the guy you're playing is shíte and just got a lucky goal.
    No better feeling than guessing his next pass, intercepting and getting a goal from it, then when you're 2-1 up doing the same :cool:
    I know it's sinking to their level, but still enjoyable

Put up the high pressure and Agression to 80+ and also go attacking if not ultra attack.

High pressure makes your players go higher up pitch and closing down gaps, but Agression helps in double up to press guy with ball with the player you control and another you don't.

Like poster said above though is that you will be vulnerable at back with players pushed up so high but better to try and get draw/lose 1-1/ 2-0 then not being able get ball and lose 1-0.

• Advertisement

Put up the high pressure and Agression to 80+ and also go attacking if not ultra attack.

High pressure makes your players go higher up pitch and closing down gaps, but Agression helps in double up to press guy with ball with the player you control and another you don't.

Like poster said above though is that you will be vulnerable at back with players pushed up so high but better to try and get draw/lose 1-1/ 2-0 then not being able get ball and lose 1-0.

Well, it's that or reset the playstation.
    Yeah, rage quit in style :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Played 3 games in a row,first game was drawing 1-1,last minute i scored from a corner (i had over 70% possession,guy just all out defening) he quit and I lost points. then 2nd game went 3 up and they quit, and 3rd game was winning 2-0 with few mins to go and they quit!!! so annoying, how are they doing this??its obviouslty a cheat they found out somewhere,wats the point in playing if you never lose a game! Turns out, i lost my next 4 games in a row and got relegated!!

I'm still not sure if it is a cheat. I must admit that having given out on here about recently not getting points when someone quit I was playing about a week ago, was 3-0 down and looking hopeless. I knew I had 20 minutes left until I had to go out so quit the game I was playing so I cold squeeze one more in but when I got back to the main screen I noticed that the previous match had gone down as a no contest.

I felt pretty bad for the other guy, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

First real time I've been hit by the scripting "aspect" of things last night. 2-0 up after 30 mins, he's down to 10 men, with 2 or 3 more booked and looking dodgy for another red.
    Second half starts after the half time oranges have been laced with Dozal. My boyos literally cannot string a pass together to each other, or dribble and their first touches are like they went to the Jaap Stam school of deftness.

Before I know it, it's 2-2 and only then do my team recover their ability to play soccer again. Wierd and frustrating. Blew my chance to get promoted to Div 5.

Rubbish player ratings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

quitters

Seasons is full of quitter, completed 1 game to get promoted in Div 7. Means that Ive got promoted every season Ive played too, but Id much rather to have actually played a decent game

got stung twice in 90th minute to the dreaded header from corner again!!! +1 on what chavezychavez said, I was winning 3-0 at half time, my opponent couldnt get a touch of the ball in first half.then 2nd half my players were rubbish, sluggish. his team were all over mine,chasing down the ball all over the pitch,ended 3-3,but i was lucky to get the draw in the end. Weird

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Based on FUT, I fully expect Man City to buy Felipe Santana (who can outsprint Theo Walcott, apparently) and David Luiz for at least 50m each. After that they're going to start playing the long ball to Tevez as he doesn't seem to have any problem beating the likes of Pepe in the air, from crosses or corners. I also fail to see how in one game my team's touch could be exquisite, yet the next they're taking the ball into them like pot-bellied pigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

It can be very frustrating at times. Cruised into a cup final, 5-0, 4-0, 4-2. I came up against a guy in the final, pretty good player, but my defense sat on half way for the whole match, even when I went ultra defensive to try get the f*ckers back. It made no difference at all. He seemed to have 10 men behind the ball, which is impossible to break down in the rain where it always feels like there is a slight lag. Through ball over the top every attack and it's very difficult to deal with because my defense is on half way. Can't have too much complaint because the lad was pretty decent though. It just seemed to be the start of a horrendous run of bad luck...... it's like when one bad thing goes against you, you'll get a string of them where ridiculous stuff will happen for you to lose the next x amount of games.

After losing that final, I reenter the cup, the game randomly ends and I lose 3-0. Didn't get disconnected from the EA server, xbox live or Wifi. It just decided that I should lose.

The next game, hit the post three times, absolutely batter the lad I'm playing against, 90th minute equaliser with his only meaningful shot and he gets a 1-1 draw. It goes to extra time, and he gets a random penalty (he actually fouled my player!)

Another game, I'm 2-1 up, my player is taken out from behind, but the ref plays advantage because the ball breaks forward to my striker, he scores, and he brings it back for the foul. WTF? How could you possibly bring that back? First time I've ever seen it happen. Of course then, I miss the penalty and the lad goes up the other end to equalise straight away.

F*ck off FIFA.

• Advertisement

The way fifa13 is going,dodgy decisions,losing streaks,cheating with people quitting and we dont get the points for it,etc etc.It basically just sums up what fifa is all about,I remember a certain thierry henry handball against us in the world cup qualifiers!!!its a bit like fifa 13 alrite!!whole thing is a farce
    :eek: I think il give pro evo a go next time,anything is worth a try other than fifa,gets too frustrating.

Also,how does your defence all of a sudden just get caught way up the pitch,it only happens in certain games.the dreaded ball over the top,its like they pull the defenders out of position and then just huff it up!!:mad: I can sympathise with ya,happens to me all the time.more so in certain games, you know as soon as kick off what its going to be like,straight away they hoof it up forward and get a chance straight away
    Rooney10 wrote: »
    It can be very frustrating at times. Cruised into a cup final, 5-0, 4-0, 4-2. I came up against a guy in the final, pretty good player, but my defense sat on half way for the whole match, even when I went ultra defensive to try get the f*ckers back. It made no difference at all. He seemed to have 10 men behind the ball, which is impossible to break down in the rain where it always feels like there is a slight lag. Through ball over the top every attack and it's very difficult to deal with because my defense is on half way. Can't have too much complaint because the lad was pretty decent though. It just seemed to be the start of a horrendous run of bad luck...... it's like when one bad thing goes against you, you'll get a string of them where ridiculous stuff will happen for you to lose the next x amount of games.

After losing that final, I reenter the cup, the game randomly ends and I lose 3-0. Didn't get disconnected from the EA server, xbox live or Wifi. It just decided that I should lose.

The next game, hit the post three times, absolutely batter the lad I'm playing against, 90th minute equaliser with his only meaningful shot and he gets a 1-1 draw. It goes to extra time, and he gets a random penalty (he actually fouled my player!)

Another game, I'm 2-1 up, my player is taken out from behind, but the ref plays advantage because the ball breaks forward to my striker, he scores, and he brings it back for the foul. WTF? How could you possibly bring that back? First time I've ever seen it happen. Of course then, I miss the penalty and the lad goes up the other end to equalise straight away.

F*ck off FIFA.

Advertisement