Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

I hate when my teams touch goes to **** every few matches. Playing with Tottenham tonight and bail was brilliant- scored a hatrick of beauties with him. The ball was glued to his feet then boom, it was like my old fella was playing- so slow (caught by centre backs that aren't thiago silva), crazy bad shots, touch etc...

I hate the frees too. You have pretty much the same variables and one could go into the net and another on the stadium carpark!?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I love the free kicks in Fifa, I've mastered them. Gimme a free in any decent position and there's a good chance I'll score.

The bad thing is though, they seem to be so rare since defenders can basically kick the shít out of you and the ref will give nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

J. Marston wrote: »
    I love the free kicks in Fifa, I've mastered them. Gimme a free in any decent position and there's a good chance I'll score.

The bad thing is though, they seem to be so rare since defenders can basically kick the shít out of you and the ref will give nothing.

I can't hack them at all. I've scored a few odd ones but it's never consistent.

I get what you're saying about the refs, they're appalling on decisions like that. Especially hand balls! Any little touch from your player and he'll blow it up but if the opposition take the ball in there hands and practically run with it he won't do a thing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Last minute goals!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERY game i play i concede in the last 5 minutes, without fail. Its very fúcking annoying and there doesnt seem to be anything i can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

From a business POV it would make absolute perfect sense to introduce 'scripting' into a sports game like fifa 13. If little Johnny keeps losing everytime he goes online he won't bother with seasons or FUT after a while, but if little Johnny wins on a 50/50 basis, even sometimes beating a player with a much better team than his, then Johnny will keep playing, keep buying MS points for gold packs and generally keep plugging money into EA and Microsoft coffers.

I've stopped playing online because I genuinely believe that 'scripting' is in use for those reasons above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

From a business POV it would make absolute perfect sense to introduce 'scripting' into a sports game like fifa 13. If little Johnny keeps losing everytime he goes online he won't bother with seasons or FUT after a while, but if little Johnny wins on a 50/50 basis, even sometimes beating a player with a much better team than his, then Johnny will keep playing, keep buying MS points for gold packs and generally keep plugging money into EA and Microsoft coffers.

I've stopped playing online because I genuinely believe that 'scripting' is in use for those reasons above.

i think having the best player win is best from a business POV

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

There ain't half some paranoid and delusional nonsense spoken in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 buffalo909

I'm in season 22/23 managing west ham, all the youth players I sign, even though they have excellent potential(70-94) don't increase their rating no matter how much I play them?? So annoying!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I just won a match 5-0 in seasons, opponent quit after the final whistle. I didn't get the win, ****in joke shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 HairyJim

Everything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Haven't played in a week or two. I said I'd pop unranked online for a few games this evening.

Game 1: Opponent quits before a ball is kicked.
    Game 2: Opponent quits after 10 mins.
    Game 3: Opponent quits after 5 mins.
    Game 4: Opponent quits after 35 mins when I'm winning 4-0
    Game 5: Opponent celebrates wildly and watches replays after a short throw out from my keeper to his striker and gifted him a goal.

A couple of decent games after work, against people not acting to bollocks is too much to ask for apparently. I hate the absolute c*nts you play online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Attribute cards in UT, came up against a super charged keeper earlier, noticed in pre match screen that a ''+10 all attributes'' card had been played on the keeper, I proceeded to dominate the lad but jeez the saves Lopez was pulling off defied the laws of physics. Got beat lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

ye know the feeling,played few games like that myself!Goalkeeper was like superman or the old saying Parked the bus,but the keeper being the bus. Then my opponent gets one shot and scores the other end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Not a gripe but has anybody played fifa 12 lately? I played it last night for the craic, I had about 20 games and won the lot. I'm not even that good (currently in div4 of FIFA13) but I climbed 3 0r 4 divisions.

Like a boss :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Rooney10 wrote: »
    A couple of decent games after work, against people not acting to bollocks is too much to ask for apparently. I hate the absolute c*nts you play online.

While it is incredibly annoying, you have to remember a lot of the time you're more than likely playing young kids! I find the time of day you play has a huge baring on the type of opponent you're paired with.

Having said that, you also get grown up 'kids' acting the c**t sometimes too! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Not a gripe but has anybody played fifa 12 lately? I played it last night for the craic, I had about 20 games and won the lot. I'm not even that good (currently in div4 of FIFA13) but I climbed 3 0r 4 divisions.

Like a boss :cool:

Because anyone good has Fifa 13?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Because anyone good has Fifa 13?

It seems to be, it's not nearly as competitive but its a good feeling when you're playing well and winning.

I only started playing it the other day after a mate of mine who never bought F13 was boasting about getting into div1, now I know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

The thing that piss me off with FIFA is the amount of people who lag to cheat when playing online. I was just playing a game, no lagging, as soon as I scored, the game started lagging and the player scored three goals in straight succession

And everyone seems to play B. Dortmund or Milan

nucker wrote: »
    The thing that piss me off with FIFA is the amount of people who lag to cheat when playing online. I was just playing a game, no lagging, as soon as I scored, the game started lagging and the player scored three goals in straight succession

I thought i was going mad (i prob am but thats a diff story),its happend to me loads of times, opponent scores a goal, then the game starts lagging. I cant pass the ball, my players runs are delayed, ball out of play etc. They go and score hatful of goals. How are they doing the lagging, do they stream the match online to slow it down on purpose. I thought it was my connection, but happens when they score so i was getting suspicious.

• Advertisement

bri007 wrote: »
    I thought i was going mad (i prob am but thats a diff story),its happend to me loads of times, opponent scores a goal, then the game starts lagging. I cant pass the ball, my players runs are delayed, ball out of play etc. They go and score hatful of goals. How are they doing the lagging, do they stream the match online to slow it down on purpose. I thought it was my connection, but happens when they score so i was getting suspicious.

I don't know but I am very suspicious about some of their behaviour, I can't seem to tackle them for toffees afterwards, its not that they are good, some are really average at playing FIFA. I swear if I had the set up (and players) that I do offline i.e. career, I would beat them. It's one thing that EA Sports haven't managed to do

Right, I've seen that someone is playing with Kaiser Chiefs (not the band) with Neymar, Ibrahimohvic in their team, I assume they bought it in their career mode, so that leaves a question, how do I load my team from career mode to play online?

Right, I've seen that someone is playing with Kaiser Chiefs (not the band) with Neymar, Ibrahimohvic in their team, I assume they bought it in their career mode, so that leaves a question, how do I load my team from career mode to play online?

was this a friend by any chance ?

if so, when you were invited the squads may have been set to custom. this means squads can be edited in any way. friends have often tried this on me, boosting players up to 99 or just making their pace 99

was this a friend by any chance ?

if so, when you were invited the squads may have been set to custom. this means squads can be edited in any way. friends have often tried this on me, boosting players up to 99 or just making their pace 99

No, it wasn't a friend, it wasn't an invite either, I created a head to head game

No, it wasn't a friend, it wasn't an invite either, I created a head to head game

if the squads were set to custom, it would have been set at whatever way his squad was set and same for you

Fifa really starting to irritate me, played a few games tonight. The last game it was close match, he scored a goal in the 25th min from a corner,then for the rest of the match played it back and forth to his defenders and goalkeeper, he ended up with 69% possession. I couldnt get the ball back of him. What a waste of a match. I tried ultra attack but still wasnt enough. Anyone know of a way to overcome this, or high pressure, i did the quick high pressure tactic but still no joy

Another thing, FIFA decided that I lost the connection, I mean, how could I with a VM connection, the other person was lagging badly towards the end even though I was losing. I didn't get any points in the season section :(

Fifa really starting to irritate me, played a few games tonight. The last game it was close match, he scored a goal in the 25th min from a corner,then for the rest of the match played it back and forth to his defenders and goalkeeper, he ended up with 69% possession. I couldnt get the ball back of him. What a waste of a match. I tried ultra attack but still wasnt enough. Anyone know of a way to overcome this, or high pressure, i did the quick high pressure tactic but still no joy

I think when you have possession [of the ball], you have to pass it around really carefully, use the offside button respectfully i.e. if they are running all the time with the ball, don't use it

• Registered Users Posts: 34,102 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Use teammate press. Then you block one of his blocking options while teammate presses ball.

• Advertisement

Use teammate press. Then you block one of his blocking options while teammate presses ball.

how do I do that,in settings is it?

Advertisement