Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Defender obstruction: that is not "jostling" EA. That is a defender pulling me back for 30 metres.
    First touch like a sledgehammer, when receiving a pass, while the Comp has perfect control.
    Defenders outrunning the striker, even though he was 5 metres ahead of the defender when you passed the ball.
    Static receivers, when you pass.

Edit. Oh yeah and the Comp players being great at intercepting passes but your players being crap at it (Pro Mode)
    Being out of energy but not getting subbed and being shattered for the season as they keep playing ya
    Defending (or lack thereof) of throws

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

First touch like a sledgehammer, when receiving a pass.

Never had any problems with the first touch myself tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Desire. wrote: »

More when there is a comp player anywhere near you. Just seems to take forever for your player to take control. Never have that issue when playing other people

More when there is a comp player anywhere near you. Just seems to take forever for your player to take control. Never have that issue when playing other people

Ah right so, I only play online.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Desire. wrote: »

We still talking bout fifa ? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

When you perform a perfect slide tackle, win the ball and floor the opposing player but he still gets up from the ground before you. Drives me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Soby wrote: »
    ?
    Hard fair though leaving a AI back 4 up against two 80+ pro forwards

Exactly. Too many forwards use exploits in the game engine in Clubs for anyone who wants any chance of winning to leave defending up to the CPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

The reversal of the "late" tackle rule annoys the hell outta me, where you do an early sliding tackle well in front of an opposing player just as they change direction, and then they change direction again to fall over you on the ground.....free kick and usually a card.

Surely that's their own fault for altering their path back once they had initally skipped the tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

Taxedalot wrote: »
    +1. Drive me insane.

I reckon this is a tactical setting - if you change your strikers offensive run, or away from the wing of the side that he is playing, you should eradicate this issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Anybody who picks Real Madrid I always take the piss out of them in a match. I will pick Porto or Villa or Hamburg or some third rate team like that and when I score I do the whole 'shhhhhhhhhhh' celebration. I just absolutely hate the way they pass first time, and keep passing it first time, so the computer does all the off-the-ball running and sets the players up in position for a tap in goal after a pass across the box. Such plebs! I know it just takes a bit of backing off but if you make one slight misjudgment of a tackle, there is no recovering and the attacking players will always get to the ball before your defenders. So satisfying beating those fanboys, and I will let them know they are fanboys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Anybody who picks Real Madrid I always take the piss out of them in a match. I will pick Porto or Villa or Hamburg or some third rate team like that and when I score I do the whole 'shhhhhhhhhhh' celebration. I just absolutely hate the way they pass first time, and keep passing it first time, so the computer does all the off-the-ball running and sets the players up in position for a tap in goal after a pass across the box. Such plebs! I know it just takes a bit of backing off but if you make one slight misjudgment of a tackle, there is no recovering and the attacking players will always get to the ball before your defenders. So satisfying beating those fanboys, and I will let them know they are fanboys.

Hey!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Anybody who picks Real Madrid I always take the piss out of them in a match. I will pick Porto or Villa or Hamburg Werder Bremen or some third rate team like that and when I score I do the whole 'shhhhhhhhhhh' celebration. I just absolutely hate the way they pass first time, and keep passing it first time, so the computer does all the off-the-ball running and sets the players up in position for a tap in goal after a pass across the box. Such plebs! I know it just takes a bit of backing off but if you make one slight misjudgment of a tackle, there is no recovering and the attacking players will always get to the ball before your defenders. So satisfying beating those fanboys, and I will let them know they are fanboys.

I would thank this post only you called HSV a third rate team. I've made it thankable now.

*thanks*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

4.5 star teams are hardly third rate now!

I must learn the celebrations though, I've beaten Madrid with Birmingham a few times, but always skip the celebration/replay - must start rubbing it in more! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TokenWhite

Haven't read the whole thread but have no doubt its been mentioned before but I absolutely despise the clowns that go a goal up in the last 20 or so minutes and decide to just pass the ball among the back 4 and keeper for the rest of the match, they obviously value their victories in Fifa a lot more than they should. To compound that they rarely give me a rematch which is what bothers me the most, if they are silly enoug hto give me one and I go a goal up then they will get a taste of their own medicine and either like it, lump it, or more likely again, quit. I admit though that it's rare that people would do that, maybe not rare enough.

Another, much more common pet peeve of mine are goal celebrations and replays, it winds me up no end when I'm forced to watch the replay of a crap goal and the full celebration of it, it makes me feel like they are rubbing my face in it (Shhhhhhhhhhh!!). Funnily enough it only happens when I go a goal down. Again, if the opportunity arises, they will get a taste of their own medicine, it has gotten to the stage where I tend to let (maybe let isnt the right word but I wouldn't be giving anywhere near 100%) them score an early goal just to see how they react to it, if they force me to watch the replay and full celebration then it's actually a brilliant motivational technique to go on and win the game (with equally long replays and celebrations). Truth be told I've probably won more games coming from behind than I've lost for this reason.

The rage quitters and thrash talk don't really bother me so much. I actually enjoy it, I find it funny and sad (especially the thrash talk) that someone would get so upset over a game to message me abuse about it. I figure that their anger and frustration is punishment enough for them and comfort enough for me.

And yes, last and least, corners annoy me, it's almost as much as a lottery as penalty kicks (considering that they have gotten a lot harder than in previous fifas). I concede a ridiculous amount of goals within a couple of seconds of a corner, unfortunately I cannot say the same about the events at the other end of the pitch, but alas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

The Ultimate team mode is weird. They better players I have, the more chemistry I have, the worse and worse they begin to get.

I've had a ridiculous run of bad luck.

Fletcher, defending from a corner, header is going wide, misses his volley, but skims it with the outside of the foot, and scores an OG.

Throw in, i play it back to Bale who is about 5 yards away, he lets it go through his legs, and this leaves a striker clean through, goal.

Two on one vs the keeper, pass it across to Adebayor, he hits the post, the ball comes back out to Benzema, open goal from 7 yards, he hits the post too.

3-0 up after 35 mins, the guy gets a player sent off. All of a sudden, I can't do anything, can't move, can't run, can't pass, and all my team dash forward randomly, and I end up losing on pens, when it finishes 4-4. It's like someone flicked a switch.

Clean throw on goal with Adebayor, Bale just randomly starts running at me, and knocks me over, giving the defender the ball.

Hangeland out jumped by Nasri for a high ball.

Two games in a row then, lose connection to the EA servers, I get the loss, despite the fact I'm winning.

Then, when I am winning, and I don't lose connection, the guy quits, and in single online matches, I don't get the win.

And this takes the absolute cake. I just was so frustrated with Ultimate team, I went back to play a ranked match. United vs City, I won 3-0 (Berbatov x2, Rooney), and it says THAT I LOST.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

The balloon for a ball that has plagued the series since Road To the World Cup 98.
    It's almost as floaty as throwing a ball in Madden.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Does anyone else think the computer-controlled teams get a more lenient advantage rule? It's annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

J. Marston wrote: »
    Does anyone else think the computer-controlled teams get a more lenient advantage rule? It's annoying.

Was playing career mode the other night and had 2 players sent off after the opposition ran into me, the 2nd time the guy didnt even fall down it was just a collision after he made a pass. Both 2nd yellow cards it was ridiculous.

I find it impossible to score in career mode aswell, every defender is like coming up against Nesta in his prime

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

• Quitting early obviously
    • Opponents unwillingness to budge from 5 star teams
    • Repeatedly smashing the Ready button while I'm still selecting my team. Note: Anyone that does this automatically gets to watch the entire pre-game stuff while I go and do something else.
    • Having to wait for the timer to run for the rematch selection or wait for the opponent to make a decision after I already selected no and want to move on.
    • No feature to have a recent games list (Like Halo or Call of Duty) to go back and view the highlights for great goals. You can only watch the highlights immediately following the match and don't select for a rematch, and if they quit before the game ends, then you loose those replays.
    • No option to rematch with the current squads like you can offline and therefore skip all the loading/team selection.
    • Too many games in the rain.
    • Wouldn't mind if there were random injuries while playing online. Not too frequently but would be nice to have that thrown in to mix things up a bit.
    • Watching 3 replays of a goal, unless it's an incredible goal.
    • People who juggle the ball in the middle of the game.
    • Time wasting when they're losing.
    • People who do incredibly obnoxious celebrations. The worst: running to midfield and doing the robot or break dancing because they know that it lasts the longest.
    • The ridiculous "tactic" where, during kick off they do a 1-2, run the ball back a few yards and try to do a lobbed through ball to the player running towards goal.
    • Lobbed through balls. I ****ing hate these because they are so overpowered. My opponent will launch one downfield, my defender will be in front and I'll hit pass to knock it back to the keeper but instead he lets it bounce off his foot or chest while the forward steals the ball and gets a one on one with the keeper. The worst thing is it seems like nearly everyone online spams the lob through ball because they know that this will happen eventually. Please, EA, this better be fixed for FIFA 12!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Tinie wrote: »
    • Repeatedly smashing the Ready button while I'm still selecting my team. Note: Anyone that does this automatically gets to watch the entire pre-game stuff while I go and do something else.
    + 1 to this
    Doesn't bother me though as i know 9/10 its a 12 year old kid so a nice win in the bag :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Last man tackles:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

NOBODY ever rematches online anymore, it's so annoying when an oppenent has a really flukey match and they dont want to rematch. In the old FIFA's people would rematch, not anymore though.

Aldo as somebody said earlier, those who try that thing straight from the kickoff, it's obvious and easy to react to when you're paying full attention, not so easy when you're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

In 250 games online I've rarely seen this mythical lobbed throughball exploit which people keep going on about. I'm beginning to think it's some kind of private joke that I'm the victim of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Iv had games online recently and most people iv come up against have been decent, only play 5 star teams on occasions, usually if i pick a team like villa, west ham, sunderland the other player usually picks a fair enough side.
    Only thing that annoys me is quitters and people wasting time when they get a goal.

A few weeks back i was west ham against barcelona, took it to extra time and got 2 goals. With about 5 minutes game time left the guy quit. Said he "had to go to bed"

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

the through lobbed ball is easy to defend against, just run backwards with your defender and header it away, you can spot when they're going to do it a mile away because they always L1+X before it.

joshrogan wrote: »
    the through lobbed ball is easy to defend against, just run backwards with your defender and header it away, you can spot when they're going to do it a mile away because they always L1+X before it.

Yeah, I must admit that I am delighted to see that my opponent uses that tactic because it is so easy to defend.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TokenWhite

LukeS_ wrote: »
    NOBODY ever rematches online anymore, it's so annoying when an oppenent has a really flukey match and they dont want to rematch. In the old FIFA's people would rematch, not anymore though.

Aldo as somebody said earlier, those who try that thing straight from the kickoff, it's obvious and easy to react to when you're paying full attention, not so easy when you're not.

True that. I've been caught by it a few times but for no other reason than my own stupidity, I dragged defenders out of position by holding X or SQAURE, or worse yet, both..recipe for disaster. I've seen players do it from the kick off though, which is much harder to defend against, similar exploit to the scoring from the kickoff one that the previous FIFA's suffered from in that you havent got a whole lot to rely on other than a bit of luck. It's a rare sight though, most people don't try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

the fact that game is so bad online so much lag its unreal, players with heavy touches, cant click on to players etc etc

fifa 12 will be worse they are getting rid of the dedicated servers arnt they?

the fact that game is so bad online so much lag its unreal, players with heavy touches, cant click on to players etc etc

Do they have dedicated servers atm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

I think you might want to see if that's down to your connection. I played probably a good hours worth of FIFA yesterday and didn't get one laggy game or anything. Nor have I got that many in all the 540 online matches I've played on the game to complain about. Obviously the odd match here and there as with every game, that's just online for you.
    I play on Xbox 360 but I don't really want to bring that debate up. ;)

Advertisement