Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,101 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

bri007 wrote: »
    how do I do that,in settings is it?

You can press RB on controller.

Only downside is that it pulls player out of position, but when it's in there third then it's not big issue and gives you that extra player to get ball of defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

You can press RB on controller.

Only downside is that it pulls player out of position, but when it's in there third then it's not big issue and gives you that extra player to get ball of defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Is Fifa lagging badly lately for anyone else? It seems to be every time I boost up the game the first 2 games lag fairly bad and then its grand for the next few but when I'm playing another game and winning it starts again!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

AG2R wrote: »
    Is Fifa lagging badly lately for anyone else? It seems to be every time I boost up the game the first 2 games lag fairly bad and then its grand for the next few but when I'm playing another game and winning it starts again!

I got disconnected twice today and got blamed for it, i.e. they didn't tote up my points and I have two lesser games to play for

Another gripe is that some people want to watch all the animation of the team line up and all that malarkey and replay their goals to excess, I wish FIFA would give an option in the menu that allows all that to be skipped, so we can just get on with playing the game

nucker wrote: »
    I got disconnected twice today and got blamed for it, i.e. they didn't tote up my points and I have two lesser games to play for

Another gripe is that some people want to watch all the animation of the team line up and all that malarkey and replay their goals to excess, I wish FIFA would give an option in the menu that allows all that to be skipped, so we can just get on with playing the game

Yes I totally agree with you, hate it when people do that, replay everything, even the offsides, free kicks,all replayed! End up being about 20mins match nearly with all replays.

I got relegated last nite. Needed 2 wins from last 3 matches. Was winning by 2 goals in two matches and the guy quit and again got no points. He msg me saying haha :mad:

The next games I played after that I drew and lost by one dodgy penalty given by ref, which resulted in me being relegated :(

Its getting to the stage that I am not playing it as much, prob stop altogether

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Dunnie1982

A simple option to turn off celebrations, replays and intros would be great, and at the end of a match you shouldn't have to watch all the replays if the other player doesn't press continue. Replays can be watched from the highlights panel at the end if people want to view them. EA seem to think people actually like celebrations and stuff, everyone I know who plays the game can't stand them & just want to play the game.

I don't know if this a problem on the console versions, but on pc you have to select your language every time you start the game & select your save data every time. Why can't this and all the intros be skipped once you see or do it one time and change it in the options if need be?

Another major problem I have is that when running towards a player when I have the ball and the other player steps in front of you and he falls over and gets the free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Celebrations are fine, IMO. I don't get other people's issue with these. They're great to get a sip of drink if nothing else.

Of the things you mention the one which really bothers me is not being able to skip the very lengthy end-game sequence.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭kiad

One thing that has been annoying me a lot recently is the fact that 95% of my games online are played in the rain!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

In career mode when you've been in 2nd/1st all season and then alan smith moans that you're only in the European Cup Places and annoyed that you haven't made a title challenge...Only a small thing but it piss'es me off big time lately lol

• Registered Users Posts: 34,101 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

In career mode when you've been in 2nd/1st all season and then alan smith moans that you're only in the European Cup Places and annoyed that you haven't made a title challenge...Only a small thing but it piss'es me off big time lately lol

Happens online too. You win first 4 games but he still talks about relegation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

kiad wrote: »
    One thing that has been annoying me a lot recently is the fact that 95% of my games online are played in the rain!!!

PLay in the King fahed stadium. Always sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

If you play as Borussia Dortmund you should be fired into the sun by cannon.

jazz101 wrote: »
    If you play as Borussia Dortmund you should be fired into the sun by cannon.

:pac: No comment, but people play with serious lag etc

I just started playing as Dortmund yesterday. Walked to promotion to Div 3 for the first time ever.

If you can't beat 'em....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I'm ready to kill. Was up 6-2 in stoppage time, game freezes and a minute later it says I lost conn. Sickened isn't the word. I'm off to Xtravision in the morning, probably getta €10 for it.

Was 2 - 0 down in a game earlier,your man hit me with two long balls over the top!

2nd half I hot early goal back,went on to equalize. Then scored again to make it 3 2.in stoppage time I nick another goal,when the inevitable happens.game sudddenly pauses and,yep disconnected.no points,I'm fuming.

Div 1 is just about people quiting all the time.

Thats me done with fifa,sick of it at this stage.

Another game I played the keeper played sweeper and fouled my player everytime.should got sent off,no booking at all.so basically just took my player down everytime I'm through on goal

Was playing some games yesterday after an absence.

Being mindful of the pre-5 minute mark quitters I tend to try bide my time before going for the first goal.

I got a 1v1 with 3:50ish gone, had a player running in support. While he was a tad behind it seemed like a reasonably safe pass as finishing it from the 1v1 would have meant scoring around the 4minute mark.

So I passed it off, and walked/ran it into the net trying to hold as long as possible.

Ball crosses the line 5:01 :D

He still decides to pause and quit.... thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

Haha, fair play. Nothing worse than the people who quit when you score early. Surprisingly I had a lad who stayed on after I scored in the first minute in Div 1 the other day.

played a match earlier,went 1 nil down,came back and was winning 3-1, then game started lagging, all my passes went to his players or out for a throw! He scored to make it 3-3, then it went back to normal??? he played for the draw then,put 5 at the back. Annoying :(

Seeing as there's not a 'Things that make you celebrate like a mad-man in FIFA' thread I'll post this here. I scored direct from a corner last night. Second time I've done it in FIFA 13. Seconds earlier I was bemoaning the fact that I literally cannot remember the last time I scored from a corner but it has to be 50 games at least at this stage. As I took another rubbish delivery that seemed to be sailing straight at the keeper I cursed myself and then it flew in! Brilliant.

• Advertisement

Unbelievable the amount of people who lag on purpose just to cheat, I think EA Sports should ban them for life

Unbelievable the amount of people who lag on purpose just to cheat, I think EA Sports should ban them for life

Totally agree with ya. Its getting beyond a joke at this stage. My broadband is pretty decent, I use to think it was my connection, but then realised it only happened after the opponent scored and was winning.

Played guy yesterday, he won 1-0, I had 70% possesion, 16 shots,11 on target. He had two and got a peno for nothing! He had superman in goal, the saves he pulled off :confused: My players were real slow in 2nd half, he played as Italy, all his defenders caught up with me even when I was well clear :eek:

How do you intentionally lag? I didn't think it was possible.

How do you intentionally lag? I didn't think it was possible.

It's easy, just not going to tell you in case it encourages you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

I just got subbed playing pro clubs,what the ****

It's easy, just not going to tell you in case it encourages you :pac:

Well I'm guessing you could be downloading stuff from torrent sites which may slow you down, but is it the same for both players then? And no, I like to think of myself as an honest player so I will not intentionally be up to this carry on.

the people that are cheating,whats the point in playing any game then,defeats whole purpose. Sure if you know your not going to lose before you play why would you boder!

Yes they might win div 1 etc, but i would rather struggle in div 2 or 3 than cheat. It makes it a challenge to win more

Well I'm guessing you could be downloading stuff from torrent sites which may slow you down, but is it the same for both players then? And no, I like to think of myself as an honest player so I will not intentionally be up to this carry on.

maybe, but I'm on a connection that loves to kick a** for those on torrent sites

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

seems to me the higher league ur in the more quitters there are. was always blaming the kids for being on their tablets for lagging. they werent here the other night and lagging when i was winning was still happening. why bother playing the game if youre quitting or lagging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

among the worst things in my LIFE
    the offside delay
    when i short pass a GK to f'in drogba
    the state of my left analog
    people who watch the replays online
    ridiculous EA matchmaking eg. QPR v spain.

GARY NEVILLE and CHRIS KAMARA to commentate in fifa 14

Advertisement