Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    among the worst things in my LIFE
    the offside delay
    when i short pass a GK to f'in drogba
    the state of my left analog
    people who watch the replays online
    ridiculous EA matchmaking eg. QPR v spain.

GARY NEVILLE and CHRIS KAMARA to commentate in fifa 14

tbh, you get that in real matches, the offside delays
    Plus, you can edit your settings to match yours so you don't get internationals with clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

got passed a player,he fouled me, ref was playing on,went past 2nd player through on goal and he gives me a free kick!! I give up!!

Also, why cant the keeper ever get sent off, amount of times i got karate kicked when through on goal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

nucker wrote: »
    It's easy, just not going to tell you in case it encourages you :pac:

Dare I ask, how do you do it? I have suspicions of this happening too in Fifa.

And believe me, I won't be doing it. I struggle as it is with my Rocky Mountains Connection that really chugs at certain times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Dare I ask, how do you do it? I have suspicions of this happening too in Fifa.

And believe me, I won't be doing it. I struggle as it is with my Rocky Mountains Connection that really chugs at certain times.

You just press the lag button on your modem. Seriously lads, nobody likes losing in fifa but blaming lag for every defeat and claiming people are controlling lag is ridiculous. Sometimes you just get beaten by a better player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

You just press the lag button on your modem. Seriously lads, nobody likes losing in fifa but blaming lag for every defeat and claiming people are controlling lag is ridiculous. Sometimes you just get beaten by a better player.

I agree but this is still a valid issue, worthy of a moan :) To say that it is ridiculous is ridiculous, or you've been extremely unlucky not to encounter it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Liamalone wrote: »
    I agree but this is still a valid issue, worthy of a moan :) To say that it is ridiculous is ridiculous, or you've been extremely unlucky not to encounter it!

I'm not saying lag isn't an issue. But people saying their opponents are controlling lag to win games is nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I'm not saying lag isn't an issue. But people saying their opponents are controlling lag to win games is nonsense.

I have to disagree, too much of a coincidence the timing of it going on and off.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Never!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

anybody who uses sterling and sturridge with liverpool. i find it impossible to catch them

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Len10157

Brazilian "skill" Squads every game i play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

Windows minimising me in the middle of a match to tell me about low virtual memory, and finding the guy had walked the ball into my goal past my uncontrolled players while the ****ing thing loaded back up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Dublinpato

what i hate about fifa is i can't lose haha jk

It's the Afro when i see that 5'2 123lb ST with the BIG F**king Ginger Afro i swear i lose it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Dublinpato wrote: »
    what i hate about fifa is i can't lose haha jk

It's the Afro when i see that 5'2 123lb ST with the BIG F**king Ginger Afro i swear i lose it.

Who? Mini Valderama?

Who? Mini Valderama?

I'm guessing he's making a vague complaint about players who make their VP (for clubs) a small midget with an afro(which is pretty common).

Not really a problem with the game, more a customisation trait of the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Or when playing clubs,
    Every second players commentary nickname is "Cocaine?" :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Dublinpato

No but seriously i can't be bothered to read the 60+ pages on this thread but i would be amazed if there isn't someone else here that thinks the ANY position should be removed from clubs and drop in match's i mean it defeats the purpose of the whole idea of creating you're own pro, plus on top of that you can also make yourself a GK and play as any and you're pro is is in nets while you control the whole team so you're not actually doing anything to get accomplishments and you're goalie is 10x better than default.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    among the worst things in my LIFE
    the offside delay
    when i short pass a GK to f'in drogba
    the state of my left analog
    people who watch the replays online
    ridiculous EA matchmaking eg. QPR v spain.

GARY NEVILLE and CHRIS KAMARA to commentate in fifa 14

2 Colour commentators would be a bit stupid.

So many laggers, EASPORTS really need to get a grip on these people and ban them

one point away from winning Division 1, was drawing 1-1 with a minute to go, ball was kicked over the top and my defender got the ball, then he pulls up injured and they got the ball and scored!!!

Anyone notice playing a few people lately, they are losing,playing really bad,then pause the game for a bit,after it then play like a totally different person. first to every ball, then lagging when i start an attack! Conspiracies i don't think so, cheating more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

that stupid through ball jump, like nobody has ever jumped over a ****ing ball you *****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

AG2R wrote: »
    that stupid through ball jump, like nobody has ever jumped over a ****ing ball you *****

that infuriates the hell out of me 9 times out of 10 its ruins an attacking run

The thing that pisses me off, is that I don't know what to do with my FCC and what it is

I think might have came across the new craze just there.

I played two guys in a row online (on pc )with that same formation both, using Chelsea.
    Basically they have a sweeper sitting behind the defence.

Even though both players barely got any chances, I only scraped I win in the first game 1-0 and lost the second game 1-0.
    He had one shot on target, a penalty he scored after a break away and my keeper caught him.

Seems I'm going to have to look at my opponents formation before the five minute mark.
    It gives a bad player a massive chance of winning since you have no space to get a shot off and you can't play in behind the defence, it's much worse than the 3-5-2 in Ultimate Team to break down.

No doubt I'll see more of it, as these things spread pretty quickly.

That's one thing they need to sort for 14, give the edge to the better player. It's much easier to attack on the counter attack given the mass off space and overly accurate long passes. All the person has to do who's being dominated, is to press the auto contain and keep his players in tight. It's so hard to even get the space for a quick shot around a packed box given the slow power up coupled with the need to touch it first.

Yeah nothing worse than dominating a match, but can't break the opponent down, due to all out defending. Some weird looking formations appearing, over packing the midfield, eliminating space etc.

I tend to dominate most matches, yet still manage to lose the majority of them, mainly because they are just lagging cheats. They either play Tottenham, PSG or Chelsea, with the odd occasion its Milan or Galatasaray

Yeah when I see PSG come up on the screen I know its all doom and gloom, Lavezzi last minute fluke goal or early goal and all defend. The lagging is getting more and more frequent, I hate to admit it, but i Quit one or two games recently, lost the points,just couldnt play with the lagging

bri007 wrote: »
    Yeah nothing worse than dominating a match, but can't break the opponent down, due to all out defending. Some weird looking formations appearing, over packing the midfield, eliminating space etc.

I know it shows up like a DM sitting in front of the back four, but he's pushed in behind. In the team management screen he appears as a triangle in that same position but that's probably to do with putting him in front of the goalie(who's orange circle always remains free to see)

Just weird to meet two different players, twice in a row with the same team when I can't remember meeting one other player using a sweeper.

If they persist in giving us a game that favours the counter attack(which they will) the least they could do is take out the auto contain and leave it to the manual L2(which is what I use myself 99% of the time unless he's at the sideline but in my box).

I'm going to start quitting out of games if I see it again as both could have been draws and I'd have put 4/5 past both of them with a normal formation(going by how easy I dealt with their counter attacks in both games).
    Needed to win that last game for the D1 title to make it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

So you're complaint is how someone has there team set up to stop you from scoring?

So you're complaint is how someone has there team set up to stop you from scoring?

My complaint is that playing a man behind your defence seems to be an advantage as opposed to a disadvantage due to it being easier to work openings in open space.

Not a cheat but highlights how much of an advantage an average player can get by what formation they decide to use, they're obviously leaving themselves open to loads of draws and both games could have went that way.
    Id just rather not waste my time playing a guy when my best odds are 1-0 or 0-0 99% of the time.

The game shouldn't be set up in a way that if you pack your defence and use auto contain you can nullify a good player, and then short pass it out of defence and get the edge on a counter(in real life if a team is sitting back so much, they should find it extremely difficult to attack).

Anyway the main reason I posted was because I faced it two times in a row, and maybe it will become the trend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Can people quit out without receiving a loss? Was beating someone 4-1 there and they quit out with 10 minutes to go and I didn't get the win.

Advertisement