Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

I dont know if its a certain point in the game,I know withing the first 5 mins they can quit and it doesnt show as a match was played at all.

I think if its 10 or 15 mins, they plugged the connection on there internet, so it just goes as lost connection and no one gets points or defeat.

I have stopped playing fifa, not worth the hassle, just full of cheats, i am no expert at it by any means, I get beat 3,4 nil on many occasions, but irritates me when someone quits when i am winning and playing well.
    I there a point in the game where lads can quit without getting a loss on their record, again in the last month, ive played games where ive gone 2-0 up inside the 1st 10mins and before the 15th min they'll quit and i dont get the win. i'm seriously thinking of packing the game in at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

I hate defending crosses. I've become really good at positioning the defense, but the amount of times the player I'm begging to jump does f-all and let's a midget head in a goal is ridiculous. Similar with corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I hate defending crosses. I've become really good at positioning the defense, but the amount of times the player I'm begging to jump does f-all and let's a midget head in a goal is ridiculous. Similar with corners.

It's about positioning. Whether you're attacking or defending a cross you need to get control of your player under the ball as soon as possible and get him in front of the other player. Usually I've got control of my striker before the winger has even crossed the ball to give myself the maximum chance of scoring.

If you can get in front of the defender then it really doesn't matter how tall your striker is.

I'm rubbish at corners though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

How do you take control of your striker? I generally only cross the ball on a break where I'm virtually guaranteed to score.

I'd be the opposite of you with corners. Once I've a decent taker I'll probably get under it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

Thing that pisses me off regarding FIFA13, you get the odd honest player, I'm not saying just because I won 4-2, that person didn't lag at all

Oh wait, should that "Something that doesn't piss you off about FIFA13"?

• Advertisement

decided to give fifa 13 a try again last nite,after a while without playing it.played a cup game,went 2-0 up within 20mins,your man starting bringing his keeper out,fouling,getting red card,acting the maggot basically. Then quit, it went down as no game took place,should of known it would happen!!

bri007 wrote: »
    decided to give fifa 13 a try again last nite,after a while without playing it.played a cup game,went 2-0 up within 20mins,your man starting bringing his keeper out,fouling,getting red card,acting the maggot basically. Then quit, it went down as no game took place,should of known it would happen!!

This is what I don't understand, if we quit while winning, we register a loss

nucker wrote: »
    This is what I don't understand, if we quit while winning, we register a loss

Yeah I know,its so frustrating :mad: they must of spent there whole time looking up cheats,instead of actually practicing playing the game properly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Jesus the rigging in Season mode is ridiculous..obv his equaliser was in injury time....hanging up my controller now. What a joke. I don't mind being beaten by better players but this is nonsense.

257771.jpg

thats mad stats,did your man have super man in goal or parked the bus,I had few games like that as well, shot after shot,and he gets one shot in 89th main and scores
    zuutroy wrote: »
    Jesus the rigging in Season mode is ridiculous..obv his equaliser was in injury time....hanging up my controller now. What a joke. I don't mind being beaten by better players but this is nonsense.

257771.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Well Forster did similar against Barca so I guess it is plausible!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Jeez this game!!!!

Playing Ultimate Team, get Fellaini sent off after 4mins, I then score after 10mins to lead 1-0, games 'lags' after 27mins and connection is lost, game doesn't count for anything as I still have 9 games left in division. Go to play another match and Fellaini is banned lmao, game doesn't count any other way but the red card stands ffs. Ah sugar

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

People who take the time to send you a message saying "ur shít".

What is the point?

That_Guy wrote: »

What is the point?

I get a load of them, I also got a particular nasty one because I questioned his attitude to cheating

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

That_Guy wrote: »

What is the point?

that's timid tbh, I get many saying your mum's either dead or sucking stuff. Muppets

I've turned off getting messages from people not on my friends list purely because of muppets on FIFA.

Capture.PNG

Well that's the final nail in 13 for me.

I got up around the 180 win mark(roughly 180-40-20) and then about two weeks ago I couldn't string more than 3 wins together.
    I went from winning 12 D1 titles in about 13 seasons to barely scrapping 15-16 points in the following 5/6.
    The standard of the players hasn't changed, but I'm just consistently being skanked now going 30-13-13 this month, barely winning 2 games for a loss after my win:loss ratio was about 11:1 before that.

The 4 goals that lad got were ridicules, the first was offside- his hands/head etc were ahead of the defender I slowed it down after :confused:
    Checked his player hub and he had like 240-80-245.... he'd lost more than he won.

Shame there's no option to play clubs on PC(in terms of finding lads in Ireland, community is too small) so roll on 14 I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Scoring within the first five minutes in an online game, then the b*stard quits before 5minutes and the game or score doesn't count. Annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Capture.PNG

I got up around the 180 win mark(roughly 180-40-20) and then about two weeks ago I couldn't string more than 3 wins together.
    I went from winning 12 D1 titles in about 13 seasons to barely scrapping 15-16 points in the following 5/6.
    The standard of the players hasn't changed, but I'm just consistently being skanked now going 30-13-13 this month, barely winning 2 games for a loss after my win:loss ratio was about 11:1 before that.

The 4 goals that lad got were ridicules, the first was offside- his hands/head etc were ahead of the defender I slowed it down after :confused:
    Checked his player hub and he had like 240-80-245.... he'd lost more than he won.

Shame there's no option to play clubs on PC(in terms of finding lads in Ireland, community is too small) so roll on 14 I guess.

much the same happened to me, was winning most of the seasons I entered, thought I was great, not any more! Definitely getting screwed by ELO rating and scripting. Going to sell the game soon, hopefully another fool will take it off my hands!

You lot make me laugh

• Advertisement

Beefy78 wrote: »
    You lot make me laugh

This is another thing that pisses me off about FIFA13 :pac:

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    much the same happened to me, was winning most of the seasons I entered, thought I was great, not any more! Definitely getting screwed by ELO rating and scripting. Going to sell the game soon, hopefully another fool will take it off my hands!

I wasn't even being matched with better players, as I said that lad had won 240 and lost 245.
    I was up to 320 in the world on PC so I think I should be able to account for a chump like that, but it's been pretty consistent since around the 180 win mark, 50% - 25% - 25%.
    I'd also went over 50 games unbeaten when starting on that PC account, only lost 3/4 of my first 100 games.

You can put a few games down to a dip in form, but you don't go from losing 1:13(including draws, rate was around 11w-2d-1l) until the change to 1:3 consistently over a set of time without something drastically changing.

I decided to give UT one last go after leaving seasons, faced a super TOTS player in the final of the current cup with my 10k team and got robbed on penalties even though he was putting them down the middle and I was diving that way. :rolleyes:
    (Though I'll admit that was less about scripting and more about giving a player a massive team boost for spending money on packs and finding those players)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I decided to give UT one last go after leaving seasons, faced a super TOTS player in the final of the current cup with my 10k team and got robbed on penalties even though he was putting them down the middle and I was diving that way. :rolleyes:
    (Though I'll admit that was less about scripting and more about giving a player a massive team boost for spending money on packs and finding those players)

Who says he spent loads of money on packs? He could have traded to get those players which is an entire aspect of FUT. I hate when people complain about having to play against TOTS teams and the likes... you wanna play with the best players you've to work for it (or spend infi money i guess). They dont even give that much of an advantage tbh anyway. Its just cool to own a team of blue players. The best team you can build is still Brazilian Sweatbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I can almost swear that some of these dude with a laggy connection use it to their advantage in someway, such as being so used in comparison to dolts like me who is actually able to play on a decent connection. Feckers!

Nailz wrote: »
    I can almost swear that some of these dude with a laggy connection use it to their advantage in someway, such as being so used in comparison to dolts like me who is actually able to play on a decent connection. Feckers!

What makes it even worse, is that EASPORTS doesn't want to do anything about it. They also know of other cheats available which are easily closed, nothing is done about it

Capture.PNG

I personally wouldn't cry over that, but saying that, I've had about 75% possession, hatful of chances only for them score on the only menial chances they have, lagging like it was the end of the world

Oh well, since I tried to play with 20 players, not one were able to have a "good" connection despite this being the age of broadband, I won't get the another edition until Microsoft/EA SPORTS deals with the cheaters who lag and use winbots.

This really ruins the game as a whole game experience. I'm not using my hard earned cash only for cheats to "play"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

When you're running away with the league for the first time since starting a league after a few years building your team to be almost perfect, and the board sell your two best players on deadline day with no chance for you to replace them.

Now currently 4th with Swansea, 2 games to go and a run of absolutely terrible results. Lost on peno's in Europa final too. Grrr.

Also, in the game when the opposing players tackle you and then easily get the ball, whereas when you tackle them they either stumble into the path of the ball before you or their player falls which trips your player. So irritating

Not sure if its just on legendary but any time you play the cpu, if you get to 80 mins and your winning, the cpu will go high pressure and man mark all your players.

Now thats bad enough to begin with but even if the cpus players stamina bars are near nothing left, they will still be able to run at full speed to tackle you.

Also another thing I've noticed playing against the cpu in the last 5 - 6 years (since around fifa 09) - When the computer tackles you in or around their box, their "clearance" 9/10 goes goes straight to the chest of their striker

Sorry but after playing career mode for the last week or two these two things impaticular are so annoying.

• Advertisement

Cianan2 wrote: »
    When you're running away with the league for the first time since starting a league after a few years building your team to be almost perfect, and the board sell your two best players on deadline day with no chance for you to replace them.

Now currently 4th with Swansea, 2 games to go and a run of absolutely terrible results. Lost on peno's in Europa final too. Grrr.

Also, in the game when the opposing players tackle you and then easily get the ball, whereas when you tackle them they either stumble into the path of the ball before you or their player falls which trips your player. So irritating

It did that a couple of times to me, though one I had plenty of time, was still in shock that they let Suarez go :pac:

Advertisement