Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Ugh. When a player asks to discuss his wages: "I'd really appreciated if you could do this".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Man, this game is a farce at times. It's like the game actually tries to p*ss you off all the time.

Playing a cup final there, I score in the 5th min, the guy quits. Pretty unlucky.

Then I replayed the final, it was 1-1, the guy gets awarded a penalty for no reason in the last min. Managed to save the penalty, went up the other end and scored. Won the game 2-1.

He quit after the final whistle went. No record of the game and I'm still in the final. I've won this game once, against the odds where he was given a penalty for nothing, and I was winning when a different guy quit. What do you have to do to win it....

F*ck this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

What the hell is it with all the offensive foul calls on FIFA 13. It's not freaking basketball. I don't know how many time I've had fould called against me when I'm in posession of the football. Ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Playing Ultimate Team beat a guy 3-2 who kept doing flicks and tricks and basically getting lucky during the bit after the match where your team celebrates he quits and I get a Disconnection notice. So he probably got a 3-0 win for that even though he quit. Probably how he is in Div 1. Absolutely gutted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

What the hell is it with all the offensive foul calls on FIFA 13. It's not freaking basketball. I don't know how many time I've had fould called against me when I'm in posession of the football. Ridiculous
    We heard you the first time...
    What the hell is it will all the offensive foul calls on FIFA 13. It's not freaking basketball. I don't know how many time I've hd fould called against me when I'm in posession of the football. Ridiculous

Players can commit fouls when dribbling the ball i.e. pie facing an opponent, using hands to shove away an opponent, running into other players, using the elbow etc.

ive got lots of fouls called against me for sprinting into defenders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I've never experienced such a buggy game since Fallout: New Vegas, and at least Fallout was jaw-droppingly awesome in spite of its problems. EA Sports have just been so lazy with this last FIFA instalment.

I certainly hope Konami pick up their game for the next Pro Evolution Soccer title, it might give EA the big kick up the arse they so desperately need.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

The EA servers are a ****ing joke. Winning 3-0 in UT just now, disconnected from servers, literally 2 seconds later I get reconnected :rolleyes:

Le Requin wrote: »
    The EA servers are a ****ing joke. Winning 3-0 in UT just now, disconnected from servers, literally 2 seconds later I get reconnected :rolleyes:

If I get disconnected during a game, which I do regularly, I can instantly reconnect. I never lose connection to the PSN.

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The rain. Does EA think that footballers forget how to play football when it rains?

Also I'm not convinced that EA realise there is an obstruction rule in football. The amount of times I am blatantly blocked off, body checked or hauled back by the opposition and nothing given.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

awec wrote: »
    The rain. Does EA think that footballers forget how to play football when it rains?

Also I'm not convinced that EA realise there is an obstruction rule in football. The amount of times I am blatantly blocked off, body checked or hauled back by the opposition and nothing given.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who suffers in the rain.

The obstruction situation came up for me today when I had a player on the left drawing in the full back and slipped one inside looking to have my player completely malled over by the oppositions centre back before the player was anywhere near the ball to even make any sort of contact.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Obviously Youve never spent half an hour styling your hair, everyone knows rain ****s it up

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pax_am_days

The ****ing crowd graphic, jesus christ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The effects of the rain are definitely exaggerated. They should really have dynamic weather by now, it doesn't rain for 90 minutes once a match starts.

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

With the advances of modern pitches rain has not that much effect on the game. The pitch gets wet and the ball glides a bit more easily, but players don't suddenly develop the turning circle of the titanic and the touch of an elephant.

And you also seem to have to hit your passes along the ground way harder for them to reach which seems the opposite of what should be the case for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

With the advances of modern pitches rain has not that much effect on the game. The pitch gets wet and the ball glides a bit more easily, but players don't suddenly develop the turning circle of the titanic and the touch of an elephant.

And you also seem to have to hit your passes along the ground way harder for them to reach which seems the opposite of what should be the case for me.

I don't agree with this at all. I saw a Football League match last Friday played in driving rain and it has a massive impact. The ball has to be passed much harder to get it to its desired target because the ball won't zip across wet grass on a muddy pitch - the wet grass slows it down.

A light shower obviously doesn't have a negative impact and does speed the ball up - which is why pitches get watered just before kick-off and at half time - but a wet and heavy pitch will have a horrible impact on a football match.

FIFA's problem is that it always goes for the wet and heavy pitch rather than the light shower which is pretty unrealistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I don't agree with this at all. I saw a Football League match last Friday played in driving rain and it has a massive impact. The ball has to be passed much harder to get it to its desired target because the ball won't zip across wet grass on a muddy pitch - the wet grass slows it down.

A light shower obviously doesn't have a negative impact and does speed the ball up - which is why pitches get watered just before kick-off and at half time - but a wet and heavy pitch will have a horrible impact on a football match.

FIFA's problem is that it always goes for the wet and heavy pitch rather than the light shower which is pretty unrealistic.

In wet and on a good surface the ball will glide easier and I think that's what awec was getting at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

game is still awfull for rain
    anytime I see its raining now I just dashboard
    can't be bother with rain and overhead balls its just too much haha

In wet and on a good surface the ball will glide easier and I think that's what awec was getting at.

In wet conditions it will. It very wet conditions it won't. In FIFA they only do very wet unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Are anyone else's EA servers down tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Yup , it's really spoilt my trademark pre bedtime games tbh.

One thing that's really bugging me lately is the way country's can be matched up against clubs. I've being picking atl Bilbao a good bit lately and have been put up against Sweden and Cameroon a lot, ibra and eto are too much and can win a game by themselves.

• Advertisement

Yup , it's really spoilt my trademark pre bedtime games tbh.

One thing that's really bugging me lately is the way country's can be matched up against clubs. I've being picking atl Bilbao a good bit lately and have been put up against Sweden and Cameroon a lot, ibra and eto are too much and can win a game by themselves.

Ragin, lookin forward to a few beers and FIFA after work!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I have Fifa 14 on PS3. When you are making team changes it's pretty annoying how scrolling down players is so stop start as the player pictures change.

Is there any point trying to win the EA Cup? That's 3 times in a row I've been disconnected in the semi final around 75 mins in. Is it bugged?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ih8smellies

Disconnected on me at this random hour for the last 3 nights,

5-0 in my favor and suddenly I "RAGE QUITTED" and lost all coins for match in FUT.
    First time I ever scored more than 2 in one game in FUT.

But to answer your question, as long as you are not getting DNF (rage quitting) and getting coins fpr playing, I say, keep playing.

EA will not help you if you email them about it, "They have to review the game footage of such incident and can you provide Gamertag, opponent, time of game and score before Disconnecting

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Find it very laggy at times and oh i hate the nobs that make people watch replays even for ****ty tap ins

Find it very laggy at times and oh i hate the nobs that make people watch replays even for ****ty tap ins

I've never done it. Even when playing a better opponent and scoring a jammy one I always make sure to skip. If it makes even one player reflect on his actions to watch a replay and think about changing his dickish trait, it's so so worth it.

"Reflect on his actions"? LOL.

Dear me.

One replay for a decent goal should be perflectly permitted. It's obviously annoying when someone watches one for as long as the game allows but replays are a rare opportunity to have a sip of your drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Playing the be a pro season and the most annoying thing has to be when im have the my own teammates wilk get in the way and take the ball from. So infurating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Playing the be a pro season and the most annoying thing has to be when im have the my own teammates wilk get in the way and take the ball from. So infurating.

Pretty annoying alright, especially when you beat a player they **** it up. In my BAP whenever I ask to come off Ben Amos replaces me every time, my player is a cam. wtf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Just regarding the watching of goal replays, I sometimes skip replays of particular goals as I don't want my opponent to see how I've broken down his/her defense in slow motion. As in not wanting to highlight certain moves or plays I repeat frequently on the offense.

Advertisement