Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Just in the final of the Continental Cup there, went 4-1 up with 10 in-game mins to go, dominated the game to that point 17 shots to 1, his one coming when my keeper dropped a cross. The dickhead quits and now even though it says "Play Cup Match. Continental Cup: Champion!", the result doesn't appear in my recent cup results, and the cup isn't in the History showcase thing.

Just play the last 2 minutes of the game, ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

How the hell does match making in Seasons work?

I checked my recent history there, and I can see a match I played in the Continental Cup Round of 16. When I use the match to click through to my opponents match, it says it was a Premier Cup Round of 16 match for him?

I just played a guy there in Division 5 and won. I clicked on the match, and for him, it says it was a Division 4 match. Similarly, I played a guy in the Continental Cup, but it shows he only has 4 games played in Seasons (so no way, he could be eligible to play that cup).

Seems woefully inconsistent, matching guys from different divisions and counting the matching on different levels. Surely a big difference in quality between playing in the final of the EA Cup and the final of the Premier Cup, cross matching between cups and divisions seems a bit mad.

• Administrators Posts: 53,710 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

If you have the ball in midfield and there are two forwards in front of you and one is offside and the other is onside for some reason it always seems to pass to the offside player.

Even if the pass makes no sense. Like the ball could roll over the foot of the onside player to get to the offside player but you can't seem to touch it with the guy who's onside.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,156 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Manual passing feels less manual than it should be. Plenty of similar passes when you'd think sometimes it would be over hit and other times under hit it seems to be always over hit.

Unless you are controlling a player they are just clueless. At this stage to have players so blatantly and constantly not tracking back after a pass or simply staying in the passing lane that I've put them in once I switch players. Maybe it's better on the new consoles...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

regarding seasons
    I only noticed this today
    I'm in season 5
    just got their and my first 3 games have been from people in season 1 and season 2?
    what the fu** is going on
    I am in season 5 and its match making me against people in a much higher season
    I am getting my ass handed too me :/

Is this how its always done?
    I never noticed it before
    I mean how can I even stand a chance of getting promoted if I am getting bashed by real madrid players who only lob balls over too ronaldo
    sick of this game now :/

• Advertisement

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    regarding seasons
    I only noticed this today
    I'm in season 5
    just got their and my first 3 games have been from people in season 1 and season 2?
    what the fu** is going on
    I am in season 5 and its match making me against people in a much higher season
    I am getting my ass handed too me :/

Is this how its always done?
    I never noticed it before
    I mean how can I even stand a chance of getting promoted if I am getting bashed by real madrid players who only lob balls over too ronaldo
    sick of this game now :/

You get matched within 3 divisions of your current standing.... up or down.

So if you're in D1 you'll likely play ppl from D2 and D3(more players in the lower divisions so more chance it'll find someone from there then D1)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

You get matched within 3 divisions of your current standing.... up or down.

So if you're in D1 you'll likely play ppl from D2 and D3(more players in the lower divisions so more chance it'll find someone from there then D1)

Il try take a picture later on when I'm home
    but I'm in div 5 and its putting me against div1 and 2? 3up or down I shouldn't be facing people in div 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

sugarman wrote: »
    If you've set your match making to similar, it picks similar star teams and the round in which the cup is. May not be the same cup. Same with seasons, they may be one below or above awell as the same season.

And that guy prob bought the unlock for the Continetal cup.

Now, what reallllly pisses me off.. ****ING OFFSIDES!

Sort it out EA! Its terrible. Wait until the player offside atleast touches it!

Playing a thru ball with say 2 onside running onto it and its blown for offside for a player nowhere near the ball thats offside on the opposite side of the pitch:mad:

Offsides have ruined it, every player seems to have Fellani levels of ball control too, I'm trading it in for pro evolution

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

threein99 wrote: »
    Offsides have ruined it, every player seems to have Fellani levels of ball control too, I'm trading it in for pro evolution

lol a full six months after release? It's far from perfect but it ****s all over Pro Evo

Liamalone wrote: »
    lol a full six months after release? It's far from perfect but it ****s all over Pro Evo

I only bought it last week

• Advertisement

sugarman wrote: »
    Pro evo is gonna be free on PSN next month if you have a PS3,so hold off!

Really hope it is, then i'll buy the World Cup DLC for it:D

Where did you see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

threein99 wrote: »
    Where did you see that?
    Sony has announced its free PlayStation Plus games for Europe in April.

On PlayStation 3 PS Plus subscribers will be able to download Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time from Wednesday 2 April.

Meanwhile PlayStation 4 owners will be able to download 2D side-scrolling action game Mercenary Kings free of charge.

PS Vita owners will be able to download MotoGP 13 and Hotline Miami.
    Link

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

A lad just quit on me in UT when I went 2-1 up, and I got the loss. **** you EA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Le Requin wrote: »
    A lad just quit on me in UT when I went 2-1 up, and I got the loss. **** you EA

I'll do one better. I was 6nil up and he rage quit. And who gets the loss. Me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Happened me again just now, funny how it never seems to happen when I'm losing.

The game has been out since September, surely they would have improved their ****ing servers by now

Getting fed up of this game again after taking a break for a while.

EVERY single player online does that stupid kick off LB + Y noob move.

I think that sums up FIFA 14 perfectly, a complete step back from the footie sim it used to be.

I lost my last two games in UT D1 and got relegated over that crap.

I know how to defend it, and while that works most of the time the problem is your goalie.

You can do two things, you can hope it goes astray and let the AI handle it, or you can take control of a CB and push him back to stay in front of the attacker.
    The only issue is, if the ball is delayed and it goes far the goalie runs out and if he makes contact with the defender you're in trouble, otherwise he just mainly punches it.

In the first time he collided and it rolled in, I was 2-0 up at HT and should have been more, straight from tip 2-1 and he gets 3 more dirty scripted, cheesy goals to go 4-2 up in the next few mins.
    Second lad gets it from tip off and the goalie punches it to his player who lobs him, then I get skanked with a cross and I'm 2-0 in 10mins.

If neither of those goals happens, it's a different game and I'm not getting increasingly frustrated on the second occasion and in turn losing my patience.

They've completely destroyed the short pass and running game by tearing up a perfectly good dribbling system for an absolute mess where there's no consistency in the touches and the whole system means the best defenders are the smallest fastest players(as they're most likely to cover ground and tackle before you can take a ball and turn a direction), this was the case in FIFA 08 or 09 but the game overall was balanced enough that isn't wasn't a big problem.

With the dribbling and touches as they are now, there's no point in taking men on in midfield to open up the defence, you need to walk to control the ball and end up losing it.
    It just feeds towards giving the limited players(who are obvious which made being a smarter player easier to skin ppl around the box and get shots off with mids in 2013 and before) a more even playing field as the only thing that hasn't been downgraded is the LB + Y.

It hasn't been touched since FIFA 08, but with the massive dis-improvements to the short game and dribbling it's just made the game massively un-enjoyable and tedious.

I'll be switching to PES next year unless they completely scrap the dribbling system and tone down the accuracy of LB + Y.

At least before you could win the ball and start an attack from wing back better but now you're forced to give obvious passes and can't take ppl on out wide so even with a bad loft the fast mids and strikers can nip the ball off a player in your half whereas before you'd be able to get it going quicker and punish their obvious wasteful play.

BTW I'm talking about next gen here, but I suppose there's not much difference between the two.
    Which in a way is another complaint as 14 was supposed to be Ignite on next gen and I don't see any evidence of a new engine since the same niggly problems are there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Gits that play with a nearly all black ball whilst using an all black kit gets me, I just can't play the game then, do I need glasses lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Liamalone wrote: »
    Gits that play with a nearly all black ball whilst using an all black kit gets me, I just can't play the game then, do I need glasses lol

Even worse when they use a stadium full of fceking shadows

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Even worse when they use a stadium full of fceking shadows

oh **** I hate that, I be squinting at the tv wondering if i's the light from outside doing it or the stupid game....drives me bloody nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I was coming on to say basically everything gilberto_eire said... It's pointless playing online. I just had a match against someone utterly rubbish, and he got two goals so cheaply that I just scraped a 3-2 win. Most of the time if I get a goal I get pegged back instantly as well. Bah, rubbish! Such a pity because when I get a good player against me, even if I get beaten 5-0 its still fun.

• Advertisement

I was coming on to say basically everything gilberto_eire said... It's pointless playing online. I just had a match against someone utterly rubbish, and he got two goals so cheaply that I just scraped a 3-2 win. Most of the time if I get a goal I get pegged back instantly as well. Bah, rubbish! Such a pity because when I get a good player against me, even if I get beaten 5-0 its still fun.

In relation to the KO, there isn't much you can do.

I can continue to push the CB back but risk the goalie making an error if he's challenged.

But sure lads can bring the goalie out from a corner no bother. :rolleyes:
    And in the case above I'm not calling him out, he does it himself.

Either do that or else let them possibly get a 1v1.

I'm seriously losing interest in where FIFA is going, we always had these niggly problems but six years on and another console yet the same issues carry over and new ones are created.

I thought I got angry regardless of the loss I was receiving but I noticed lately it's only those cheesy scripted games where I really start to lose my temper.
    You tackle: ball bobbles away to a 50/50 you generally lose.
    You pass: it goes astray
    Your strikers: Stand offside or somewhere you cant pass it
    Your goalie: Throws always go to opposition
    Your strikers: get caught by defence in 1v1

All of that ****e happens at the same time, I can't handle scripting in this game since you have this KO LB + Y and ****e dribbling added on top.

This game seriously has the worst community which is in no way helped by the game mechanics been so favoured in letting some simple minded prat to send long bombs down the pitch the whole game.

I went 45-50 games unbeaten in FIFA 09, not a hope you could do that any more.
    The skill factors are been stripped every year, the running game(not talking about skill moved in this either) was what really separated the good and bad players.
    Bad players were so easy to time in relation to changes of direction, same in reverse with them on defence.
    I used to score some amazing goals by taking the ball to the point of a tackle and just changing direction at the perfect time as the strides could be timed and the first touch allowed you to push it away to a safe area if you were going to arrive marginally first.

You can't even turn with a CM and get a shot off around a packed box anymore, players can tackle through you and its too slow you're forced to give it wide and cross it or risk a counter.

I'm still winning at near enough my same ratio as before.
    Won 2 D1 titles in less than 100 games.
    But I still think it's the worst FIFA since the PS2.

But my play that separated me from obvious player is completely gone, I actually use LB + Y from general play when in previous additions I found it a cheat.... its just impossible to beat players with turns and second guesses now you're forced into using it to a higher degree

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I had a few more games being beaten by that bloody lob, then decided if the next game I play is the same I'm done with online.

I start up the next match.

And I get the troll to end all trolls.

Guy watches EVERY bit of pre-match cut scene, every single offside replay, everything. Waits for ages before kick offs and throws as well. And then scores off, what else, a lobbed through ball, in the first 10 mins. Oh and I can hear him breathing heavily into his mic but not speaking.

So I started doing the same thing, watching everything. Coming up to half time I start to see the indicator saying he's waiting for me to skip on. I don't. Not ever. He pauses to make a sub, I wait as long as I can. I put a few balls out of play just to make him wait some more.

Second half starts after the longest half time ever. He keeps trying to score from lobs. I keep being incredibly slow and finally get an equaliser. Then watch the replay for ages for good measure.

I keep doing it, I swear his weird heavy breathing is getting heavier. 10 mins left I take the lead and he cracks, screams into the mic and I watch the replay again... finally gets his kick off and tries to run for a quick goal. I get it and pass it around like I'm Greece '04 until the game ends.

So unbelievably cathartic to out troll the f***er.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Ha, first post in this thread I think and I came on to p1ss and moan about lads using the lobbed through ball. It doesn't appear to be uncommon! Dear lord, it's annoying. Are you that cr@p that you can't play decent ball?! Same with lads who only go down the wings for a cross, so frustrating seeing the same tactic over and over and over!

Another thing, managed to get Neymar in a pack in FUT, so sold him off and bought players that should make my team better (Ramos, Di Maria, Benzema, Cesc, Dani Alves and Casillas. Was like a wet dream for me, I've never had a team like this before!). My centre backs just play like they're retarded now, running into each other being a favourite past time of theirs. They can't tackle for sh1t either. Midfielders can't pass worth a toss either. Casillas, supposedly an 86 keeper, has been beaten from 50 yards on more than one occasion too. Oh, and Carlos Vela is the king of offsides.

Finishing a match having won handsomely and being returned to the home screen to find a DNF message on my screen and no points awarded is also infuriating.

Also, what's the best way to get the other lad under pressure? I find some games I don't have a second on the ball, so just pass and move the whole time. Would love to be able to do the same - any tips?!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ih8smellies

I contacted Ea sports about the DNF after you get a win in FUT. They will make you run a test pinging to their servers, which I did, but because I had one or 2 unknown host they have told me I need to open the ports on the playstation. I explained that would have been nice to know that kind of information after I did the test the first time, after which I was told my problem was fixed. They can access all your results, but still cant prove that you didn't disconnect after winning the match.

The information they have just shows you were winning 2-1 or whatever up to the final whistle but then you disconnected from the EA servers before the result could be saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I've a feeling I'm going to improve a lot at this game. I played 4 matches in Seasons last night and in each game my tackling stats were really good. One match in particular my tackling stats were 22 - 4 in my favour. I'm in Div3 again so I'm hoping I'll be able to hold my own this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Has to be the delay, it just murders the game, what idiot decided adding a delay to the game would be a good idea ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

What's with going through stages in a match where you cannot get the ball off the opposition to save your life and as soon as they score the pocession switches back your way?

Also the scoring headers from corners is just ridiculous in all fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

What's with going through stages in a match where you cannot get the ball off the opposition to save your life and as soon as they score the pocession switches back your way?

I know, it's dead annoying but imo tackling stats are key. If you can stop crosses or corners you're doing well. Get better at holding the attack in non dangerous territory, ie. tackling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

The momentum meter that "doesn't exist". Its bascally scripting that makes your players **** for a while and start to misplace passes or let the ball bounce of their shins instead of controlling it. It's horrible in ultimate team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,156 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

If they improved defenders positioning and made standing tackles weaker the game would be hugely improved off the bat imo. I'm still having games where I'll pass it to a player with over 80 in ball control or whatever the stat is but because there's nothing stopping a person from constantly tackling standing up I never get a 2nd touch because of them touching it and an opponent just running into them from another directionto the one you've just touched it away from.

Advertisement