Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,710 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Also after you've been standing tackled there's a period of a few seconds where you can't do anything with that player. It's like the game prevents you from immediately getting the ball back. Your player will do a little stumble or something even if there's no need for them to.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭AlanMcC23

When opposition player does any sort of skill move the nearest player instantly turns into a retard and cant move just long enough for the other guy to run into the space left by your player

Also when the oppositions CM is attcking your wing backs for some reason decide to push in leaving loads of space for his wingers to cross has to be the worst for me

But good tip for people when its your kick off go straight at his goal do a roulette or fake shot around his first player and from just outside the centre circle from about 45 yards hit it and 9 times out of 10 it goes straight in for some reason cant tell you how many times i have scored from that distance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

I'd like if you could disable celebrations... I don't celebrate as the novelty wore off very quickly. Either that or make it injuries possible when failing to pull off a combo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I just played the quarter final of a cup. The jerseys were close to identical (Dortmund home vs Atletico Madrid away). The first thing that happens is I concede a penalty for a clean sliding tackle.

The only reason I'm trying to win this cup again, is because the guy quit against me in the final when I was winning. It said I won the game without actually crediting me with the cup win.

And people wonder why this game is frustrating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Twice over the weekend iv had ultimate team games freeze on me at half time. It's just a never ending panoramic camera of the players setting up to tip off. The first person to disconnect loses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Played seven games there the other evening. In every single one of those games the opposition was Real Madrid. Kind of wish they'd go back to the old pre-game format where you could see who you were going to play before you started and then accept the match-up. That would also alleviate the problems caused by the jersey similarity problems v3ttel had above, which are also a pain in the hoop! Why did they get rid of that?

That Dortmund home jersey and Atletico away seems to be a regular occurrence. I've had it happen a few times now, especially because Atletico are flavour of the month since getting to the CL semi final and doing well in La Liga.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Played seven games there the other evening. In every single one of those games the opposition was Real Madrid. Kind of wish they'd go back to the old pre-game format where you could see who you were going to play before you started and then accept the match-up. That would also alleviate the problems caused by the jersey similarity problems v3ttel had above, which are also a pain in the hoop! Why did they get rid of that?

If you pick Barcelona or Bayern Munich you're pretty much guaranteed to come against Madrid a large percentage of the time. Use a 4.5 star team to avoid them or using a 5 star teams like Milan, PSG or Man United/City will lower the chances of coming against them a lot.

NUTZZ wrote: »
    If you pick Barcelona or Bayern Munich you're pretty much guaranteed to come against Madrid a large percentage of the time. Use a 4.5 star team to avoid them or using a 5 star teams like Milan, PSG or Man United/City will lower the chances of coming against them a lot.

Actually only used Bayern once in all those games and changed teams every game - don't like Barca for some reason :D. Funny you should mention, but when I play as 4.5 star teams like Liverpool or someone, more often than not I'm drawn against the likes of PSG or another 5 star team!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

erkifino wrote: »
    I'd like if you could disable celebrations... I don't celebrate as the novelty wore off very quickly. Either that or make it injuries possible when failing to pull off a combo :D

If you don't want to celebrate you can hold R1/L1 to skip it. Or L2/R2 when near the ball to pick it up and that'll end the celebration.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oat23 wrote: »
    If you don't want to celebrate you can hold R1/L1 to skip it. Or L2/R2 when near the ball to pick it up and that'll end the celebration.

Didn't know you could force it like that.

Personally tend to just mash buttons to initiate the celebration straight away. Really frustrating when people score a uselessly cheap goal and then celebrate like they've won the champions league.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Oat23 wrote: »

I know, thanks though. It's the other team... if you could put in the search to look for others who have them disabled would be what I was getting at. You could winning 4-0 and not watch a replay or celebrated and they'll go to town on there one goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

v3ttel wrote: »
    That Dortmund home jersey and Atletico away seems to be a regular occurrence. I've had it happen a few times now, especially because Atletico are flavour of the month since getting to the CL semi final and doing well in La Liga.

Ok AM won tonight and fair balls to them, well deserved. Have they sorted out this glitch yet as I'm sure there's gonna be a few matches where I'll be against them with that stupid jersey clash.
    I think ill just go with Dortmund away jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭mufc1993

Always found it annoying how you can't change around your line-up after restarting a 2 player offline match. Would be a good addition imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Anyone know how to defend the ball over the top Jesus I'm getting caught out in every game now playing people who just keep lobbing it forward and my defence just stand still! Also how are they doing the high pressing.im losing every match I play lately when I was fairly decent enough but can't win at all now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

bri007 wrote: »
    Anyone know how to defend the ball over the top Jesus I'm getting caught out in every game now playing people who just keep lobbing it forward and my defence just stand still! Also how are they doing the high pressing.im losing every match I play lately when I was fairly decent enough but can't win at all now!

I use to anolog stick to highlight the last defender and that blocks them for me anyways. The high pressure I'm not too sure about.

I find not only do they stand still, but some of them actually run forward. Very Frustrating.

Just got a 'we cancelled this game cos your match squad does not match the online squads' or something like that. I just downloaded the new squads! Server gone on me too. And I wondered why I hadn't played in a while! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

I find not only do they stand still, but some of them actually run forward. Very Frustrating.

Just got a 'we cancelled this game cos your match squad does not match the online squads' or something like that. I just downloaded the new squads! Server gone on me too. And I wondered why I hadn't played in a while! :pac:

I've quit online completely! Between what you listed and assholes who make you watch a full game intro and replays of goals it's just too much to take for me!

I'm OUT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Yeah agree with all of your comments, I haven't played it in a while and went back today and now I know the reason I haven't been playing it! I agree with you on the players running forward what's that all about, big flaw with FIFA.

Also why my players run like they have no acceleration at all, and the opposite team is lightening fast,players like bale Ronaldo etc look like they are walking and you have ypur opponents team like john terry speeding past you! Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Alan fucking smith. What fucking bell end thought it was a good idea to have that cunt in the game. Had a bad night tonight and any goal I conceded was made 10x worse by that prick and his annoying cunt of a voice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TheNumpty

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Alan fucking smith. What fucking bell end thought it was a good idea to have that cunt in the game. Had a bad night tonight and any goal I conceded was made 10x worse by that prick and his annoying cunt of a voice.

I have mine set to Clive Tyldsey and Townsend for all games, not exactly an improvement but most of time i usually have the volume down and have the radio on or something. Think Gary Neville is on FIFA 15 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

TheNumpty wrote: »
    I have mine set to Clive Tyldsey and Townsend for all games, not exactly an improvement but most of time i usually have the volume down and have the radio on or something. Think Gary Neville is on FIFA 15 too.

Haven't used commentary all year. I just listen to my own music on my earphones. I wouldn't mind Gary Neville on the next one. Even Andy Gray for the nostalgia

• Administrators Posts: 53,710 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

High pressure is an option on one of the direction buttons on the keypad.

For the ball over the top you just need to keep an eye out for it. You can run in to them to block them, or you can hit Circle / B to pull them back (only do this once).

If you keep getting caught out maybe put a player in as a sweeper?

Podge2k7 wrote: »

Don't bottle it up, tell us how you really feel!

:pac:

Edit: Another one: holding midfielder of a 4-3-3 charges up the field like he's Maradona reincarnated. No give-and-go pass, just legs it up. Wrecks the bap.

Had a really odd game last night. I went 0-3, hit the post, and missed another sitter. Then in the 45th min, my opponent had his first shot, goal.

10 shots to 1. 3-1 was the scoreline. As soon as he scored, I lost the ability to do anything. I went from cutting him open at will, to not being able to pass 5 yards, without it bouncing off the recipient.

He gets it back to 3-3 after around 70 mins, and suddenly my team stop feeling like they are 4 stars lower than the opposition. I ended up winning 4-3 with a last minute winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭AlanMcC23

Can relate to everything people as said so far

I got TOTS aguero in a 7.5k pack the other day 93 pace delighted with myself stuck him up top with suarez went to play a game the other guy had mertesacker and demichellis at the back thought it would be easy but nope for some reason mertesacker turned into a cheetah had aguero in his pocket all game 39 pace vs 93 pace no logic in it at all

Just lost 3 Premier Cup finals in a row. I seem to cruise into the final and something ridiculous happens.

First final....he kills me from behind in the box.....missed the penalty with 13 mins to go because the bar stopped about a second after I pressed it. The guy scores from 35 yards in the 90th min. Lost 1-0.

Second final... I concede a random penalty for no reason away from the play. Lost 1-2.

Third final... concede a random free kick away from the ball in the 89th min. He scores. Lost 2-3. Then in the 90th min, I'm clean through and the ref calls it back for a foul. The jerseys were clashing too.

Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

How do you set commentators for game? As in change them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

ok these might have been mentioned before as i cant go thru the whole thread but heres some of my bug bears on PS4 version

- the commentators - namely AWAN SMWITH, youd think with all the technology available now they could have a few more phrases to mess around with. i have changed it to townsend but seems to reset itself during seasons- which is all i play. jeff stelling as well i could do without.

- The throw in situation , running half a mile to get a badly thrown ball from the ball boy whilst the original ball has went back onto the field so need to wait again for that to get kicked off .

- the little possession stat that seems to pop up on the top-left hand of the screen whenever i am near that side of the pitch with one of my players - does anyone know how to turn this off ? ill check possession after the game i don't need stats flashing up during games i need to concentrate :)

_when you take a kick off and pass it back to one of your players who was busy warming up still so he ends up miss kicking it !

& the last one probably only happens to me but still frustrating, every few games in seasons i have to reset my squad redownload updates and then re do my custom tactics , literally happens about every 3 games on average

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    ok these might have been mentioned before as i cant go thru the whole thread but heres some of my bug bears on PS4 version

- the commentators - namely AWAN SMWITH, youd think with all the technology available now they could have a few more phrases to mess around with. i have changed it to townsend but seems to reset itself during seasons- which is all i play. jeff stelling as well i could do without.

- The throw in situation , running half a mile to get a badly thrown ball from the ball boy whilst the original ball has went back onto the field so need to wait again for that to get kicked off .

- the little possession stat that seems to pop up on the top-right hand of the screen whenever i am near that side of the pitch with one of my players - does anyone know how to turn this off ? ill check possession after the game i don't need stats flashing up during games i need to concentrate :)

_when you take a kick off and pass it back to one of your players who was busy warming up still so he ends up miss kicking it !

& the last one probably only happens to me but still frustrating, every few games in seasons i have to reset my squad redownload updates and then re do my custom tactics , literally happens about every 3 games on average

Literally none of that has ever happened to me apart from the commentators. How do you change those actually?

Advertisement