Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Not being able to play online with lower star teams, always want to play as a League of Ireland club but of course most online players chose a star rating of 4 or 5 stars which means I cant find a player of similar stature..Is there anyway around this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Not being able to play online with lower star teams, always want to play as a League of Ireland club but of course most online players chose a star rating of 4 or 5 stars which means I cant find a player of similar stature..Is there anyway around this?

If you do the leagues online it matches you with similar level teams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

threein99 wrote: »
    If you do the leagues online it matches you with similar level teams

Yeah but the problem is nobody online plays as a half or one star team.
    Wouldnt mind playing a 5 star team if I could just use the team I support, Id get hammered yes but its just not possible.

When you say league teams do you mean it puts all teams the same level?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Yeah but the problem is nobody online plays as a half or one star team.
    Wouldnt mind playing a 5 star team if I could just use the team I support, Id get hammered yes but its just not possible.

When you say league teams do you mean it puts all teams the same level?

I'm talking about the leagues where you start in division 10 and have to get x amount of points for promotion. I thought that usually just matches you with a team of the same star. I always pick 3 or 4 star teams though I don't go as low as 1 star

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

if its seasons you are talking about go into matchmaking settings and change it to open & you will get more matched teams, i find it hard at times to find matched teams for my team (Celtic 3 and a half stars) especially late at night/early in morning which is when i like to play, i also get matched with International teams quite often despite me selecting not to be matched with them in the matchmaking settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

I know I've said this before but I really hate it when you playing offline pro seasons and you make a run and your w**kstain of a teammates cuts across and takes the ball from you.

Another thing I've noticed is my team mates inability to defend. I'm finishing matches where the opposition passes the ball round and has over 66% possession. I wouldn't mind but I play for barca :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Players on UT with identical home and away jerseys.

"Wow, my black shirt clashes with his. I'll swap to my black shirt instead to help things along".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Players on UT with identical home and away jerseys.

"Wow, my black shirt clashes with his. I'll swap to my black shirt instead to help things along".

lol they just want to play in black, I have noticed this and only with people wanting to be black or nothing.
    If I am 'away from home' I will not play a team wearing black as I just assume they will play at a shadowy stadium with a black ball and my eyes don't like that setup lol

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

The shocking abuse from some people is disturbing...

• Administrators Posts: 53,710 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Career mode contract dealings can be ridiculous sometimes. I wish you could find out far quicker if a player just isn't interested rather than waiting 5 days for the club to respond to the initial offer and then going through the motions of offering contracts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

In Ultimate Team, recent players doesn't show at times, I've played about ten games tonight and my most recent player is 4 days ago. Had some cracking games tonight, lost most probably but I do like to send a nice message if merited :) ***** (Fifa that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

playing online in seasons, absolutely bashing my opponent, hit the post twice, crossbar three times, his keeper was like superman in goal, pulling off unrealistic saves. He hoofs the ball up to ronaldo and goal :( then puts 5 men at the back and just defends and defends, then 2nd half more of the same, long ball up to ronaldo and goal :( Frustrating to say the least!

Then send a stupid message saying i am crap, i couldnt be ar$ed writing back to that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Man, I'm completely cursed with the Premier Cup.

After losing four cup finals in a row during the last cup window. I got to the final at the first attempt this time. 3-0 up with 72 mins gone. Something happens the connection. I get back to the main screen like the final never happened. What are the odds of that?

Very frustrating after losing 4 in a row, winning the 5th convincingly, and the connection drops. That's pretty frustrating, but the best was yet to come. I replayed the final and this happened:

7UMADV_thumb.jpg

He literally had one attack in the entire game in the 90th min and scored. His keeper was man of the match.

I can't think of a more frustrating sequence of events than what I've experienced with these 6 finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Decided to play for the first time in ages thanks to the FUT World Cup mode.

After the first few games I got disconnected near the end of three games in a row that I was winning. Quit out of frustration.

Started playing again a few hours later, had to enter a security question since apparently my device "isn't trusted" any more. Tells me the answer to the question is wrong (not possible) so I'm pretty much locked out.

Waiting half an hour to chat to support, having to log in to Origin twice in the process despite already being logged in.

It's farcical how consistently bad all EA's online games are. It's like they go out of their way to make the experience as unfriendly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Decided to play for the first time in ages thanks to the FUT World Cup mode.

After the first few games I got disconnected near the end of three games in a row that I was winning. Quit out of frustration.

Started playing again a few hours later, had to enter a security question since apparently my device "isn't trusted" any more. Tells me the answer to the question is wrong (not possible) so I'm pretty much locked out.

Waiting half an hour to chat to support, having to log in to Origin twice in the process despite already being logged in.

It's farcical how consistently bad all EA's online games are. It's like they go out of their way to make the experience as unfriendly as possible.

One thing that effed me on the security question was capitals, made the password when i was 12 and i really made it hard for anyone, countless times i've had problems because of that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Lad chips my goalie and I know if I can switch to the last man back I can get it. Will it let me switch? Nooooo! Also, playing a through ball and it makes sense to be able to switch between players, so that you can control the lad nearest the ball as would happen in a real game of ball, but it won't let you and you end up being caught and muscled out of it - usually by Pepe. Benzema is ridiculously good in the air in this too, and Messi is apparently better in the air than Dante or Boateng or Thiago Silva! :pac:

Finally, Real Madrid and lofted (cross-pitch/diagonal) through ball. To anyone who uses both, may your ar*e be infested with the fleas of 1000 Afghan camels and may you be r*ped by a pack of sex-starved silverback gorillas who are whacked out of it on coke.

Think I'll trade this game in, pretty certain I've had enough of it now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Anyone know what the story is with the ea servers. After every game I play on seasons the game freezes and I have to go back to Xbox home and start all over. Any resolutions?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ManofStraw

Have to admit playing online in Fifa 14 is just desperate, most people I play against has the same custom insane pressure tactics and just spam chipped diagonal balls. Its really boring watching them repeat the same tactics over and over again. Get ball to fullback, pass to midfielder, back to fullback chip/through ball to the wing, if it doesnt work just repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

When players go look for a wage increase and you give it to them, only for them to then turn around and reject the contract.

Also the fact that the board loves to force you to sell players for below their value if they're unhappy. It just makes no sense! :(

Anyone notice more so than usual than everyone I play against now has 5 at the back!

Just played a game in seasons there and he had 5 at the back no shots until 89th minute from a corner and scored sends a message saying I was defensive. I had 10 shots and only for he had neur in goal saved everything so annoying playing online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Get the ball in my own box with no pressure on, striker comes sprinting in at me (still no pressure) so I pass it out to the wing. Striker absolutely pummels my lad and falls over after the ball is gone...peno! Couldn't understand it but lucky I was 3-0 and saved the peno, but still!

Once again get the ball in my own box pass it to the outside edge of my box, some fellow up the other side of the pitch gets blown for offside! I'd understand if my player had targeted the guy who was offside with the pass but he clearly hadn't.

1-0 down just before half time launch an assault on the other players goals, 3v1 or something, strike the ball from inside the penalty spot for a comfortable corner tap in but just before the ball crosses the line the ref blows it up, keeper was well beaten and everything, absolute shamble!

The changing player function really pisses me off, I can't remember if it was this bad in the other fifas or not. I also noticed if you are holding down A or X for the chase function on a 4th gen console the player sometimes makes a big awkward lunge for the ball if it goes over their head which doesnt happen on ps3 or Xbox 360, it can rightly screw you over if you are the last defender back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Gandalph wrote: »
    I also noticed if you are holding down A or X for the chase function on a 4th gen console the player sometimes makes a big awkward lunge for the ball if it goes over their head which doesnt happen on ps3 or Xbox 360, it can rightly screw you over if you are the last defender back.

I think that happens because they try to make the games more responsive on PS4/Xbox One, the moment you press the button is when they try to volley/header the ball etc., it's a bit less random on the PS3/360

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Just won a game 3-2, checked my results afterwards and I was given a 3-0 loss :confused:. I didn't disconnect or get sent back to the main menu or anything like that. WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Requin wrote: »
    Just won a game 3-2, checked my results afterwards and I was given a 3-0 loss :confused:. I didn't disconnect or get sent back to the main menu or anything like that. WTF?

Was your game before a 3-0 loss? Sometimes I find it can take a minute or two to upload the results of your last game. Did you lose the points as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Gandalph wrote: »
    Was your game before a 3-0 loss? Sometimes I find it can take a minute or two to upload the results of your last game. Did you lose the points as well?

I was thinking the same but it was definitely the 3-2 win that was given as a loss, I remembered the other lad's team name. Strange.

Didn't really matter though as I likely would have been relegated anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

How laggy it is. I don't think I've played one game without some bit of lag yet. My ping, upload and download speeds are all good but when I start playing this game it all suddenly goes to ****.

my final game in seasons and only need a win to win the league title in division 1. 89 minute, 0-0, my player reus take it passed two of the opponents players, tried to bring me down, the last one of the two the ref lets it playe out i cross it and score, then the ref blows it for a free to me and i dont get the goal, WTF! seriously fifa is just stressful, and stupid altogether.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ugh.

Amount of times I am getting to the WC final and losing 1-0 due to a kick off lob is sickening me tbh....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

at least you can play the game..it's decided to completely stop on me...just keeps crashing to desktop on me when it starts a game regardless of the mode.
    Have uninstalled it, reinstalled it, factory reset the xbox and still it bloody doesn't work, tried chainging the arena player..still no joy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

vidor wrote: »
    How laggy it is. I don't think I've played one game without some bit of lag yet. My ping, upload and download speeds are all good but when I start playing this game it all suddenly goes to ****.

This is driving me insane at this stage.

Advertisement