Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,709 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yea was playing last week and the latency indicator in the team select menu was showing full bars yet the games were really laggy. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I really don't get why people choose GK on online pro mode, and then refuse to stay in nets. Right, I accept some people are just useless goalkeeprs but they are trying. But the ones who start running up the field, no passing, letting you lose 20-0. I just dont get the mentality....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I really don't get why people choose GK on online pro mode, and then refuse to stay in nets. Right, I accept some people are just useless goalkeeprs but they are trying. But the ones who start running up the field, no passing, letting you lose 20-0. I just dont get the mentality....

This happened to me last week a few times, I just ended up tackling my own keeper to annoy him. There is nothing worse. Ive never been on a team that the opposition keepr is like this, just always my team! So frustrating!

One of the games there was another guy on Mic, Dublin Accent giving him grief, may have been you :D

ANother very annoying aspect, career mode, I cant stop drawing 0-0, if I manage to score its always 1-1.

I started managing Cork City, league record was 2 wins 12 draws and 0 losses, 6 goals for 2 against. I decided to jump ship to Teneriefe to see is it due to all teams being 1 star, nope same again Ive played 7 drawn 6, all 0-0!

Very very annoying! Id rather lose 1-0/2-0 than draw 0-0 every game, I end up with 7/8 shots a game and they have 1 max

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Every time I play an ultimate team match online, I end up playing the full game, but every single time I get the "sorry there has been an error connecting to FUT.You will be returned to the main menu". Then I log back into Fut an am punished with a 3-0 defeat. This certainly isn't a connection issue, as there is no in game lag, and all internet features work up until the end of the game. This is especially annoying in FUT WC, as I have built a great squad that wins the majority of games, but I am not given the win, making it impossible to progress. I also don't receive the player pack after the game. This is a common problem that is ruining FUT, and EA really needs to sort this issue in FIFA 15. Instead of distracting us with new features, problems like this need to be eradicated to maximise people's enjoyment of the game.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ugh.

Amount of times I am getting to the WC final and losing 1-0 due to a kick off lob is sickening me tbh....

On YouTube there is a tutorial describing how to defend the kick off lob.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    On YouTube there is a tutorial describing how to defend the kick off lob.

With the player you're controlling, head back towards your keeper, and hold the rush button, usually L1, to try and tackle the player on the ball. you'll either get the ball first time or the man you're controlling at the back will be able to sweep up

With the player you're controlling, head back towards your keeper, and hold the rush button, usually L1, to try and tackle the player on the ball. you'll either get the ball first time or the man you're controlling at the back will be able to sweep up

Ya that's it alright. Works everytime

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Ya that's it alright. Works everytime

Its what I do, but find it tends to work 9 times out of 10. Usually the 1 comes in the biggest game possible :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Was playing last night for the first time in ages and was losing 2-0. No problem with that, I'll take my beating (jammy looping header and a ridiculous backpost goal). However, scored one and was delighted and all on for a comeback and yer man decided to do the punted through ball thing from the kick-off and scores. I could NEARLY understand it if he'd done it if I was after coming back to 2-2 or something, but I was still down. Anyway, have resolved to quit any time someone does it as it just ruins the game. Had a few good games last night where I got beaten by lads who were actually able to play, first time in a long time.

Oh, and I went to the dark side too and was Real for a couple of games :pac: one lad quit (probably cos he was Real too), the other lad beat me :P I don't know why I hung on to this game, it really really infuriates me so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Yeah I was online laying fifa myself last night, Played a guy, absoultely terrible, yet he beat me 5-3! All he did was through ball after through ball, the whole game. As soon as any of his players won the ball back, that was his tactic. it worked obviously but it just ruined the whole game. I dont think he passed it more than twice to another player

I also played someone and won 3-1, had 60% possession, over 18 chances, he had about 7 chances. He sends me a message saying im crap and all I do is cross after cross! I think I had about two crosses the whole game. He said if i didnt cross he would of beaten me 5-0. I offered a re-match and guess what, he said no because i would only do the same thing again. I checked his recent results, he lost 5 in a row, so excuse after excuse!

I laughed at it, but just shows the people that are online playing it now! What else could we expect from it if most of them carry on like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

When you're clean through on goal and the whistle goes for HT/FT

Or when you score and the ref pulls it back for a foul instead of letting the play go on
    R00ster wrote: »
    When you're clean through on goal and the whistle goes for HT/FT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I don't seem to get hit with these lob through balls from kick off like everyone says. I mean some guys try it but it never works out for them. Saying that though I am always Liverpool and have Sterlings lightning pace all over the tip off so he is straight on pressuring what ever player gets the ball straight from the pass back.

Same here, never been caught by a though ball at kick off, how does that work? Just asking for a friend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭SnitchingBubs

Playing online and from the tip off the opponent starts doing tricks and step overs from the get go. Nothing makes me happier than getting the ball off these types of player on the counter and rattling the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

I rarely get that tbh, probably due to the standard of players (including myself) have no idea how to do them!

Looking at three replays of the same goal is still a regular occurrence in the games I play :(

vidor wrote: »
    I rarely get that tbh, probably due to the standard of players (including myself) have no idea how to do them!

Looking at three replays of the same goal is still a regular occurrence in the games I play :(
    On this note, there is nothing worse, had a player that was replaying everything, throw ins, fouls and every shot! Really annoying, nothing better than doing the same back when I score though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

When players watch every single highlight it drives me mad, I think it's a tactic to try and make you lose your composer. My defence tactic against this is to take the lead and then just pass the ball around defence to piss them off back.

• Advertisement

Gandalph wrote: »
    When players watch every single highlight it drives me mad, I think it's a tactic to try and make you lose your composer. My defence tactic against this is to take the lead and then just pass the ball around defence to piss them off back.

Oh its definitely a tactic. When people do it to me I make them watch all of the chances they miss as payback. Nothing worse than a guy who wont skip replays of an offside

Agree with that, its either to make you snap or quit..If anything it motivates me to want to kick his ass. I did lose the cool after one guy who did this the whole game, literally every highlight so I pmd him saying "Annoying ****" post game.. In hindsight it wasnt the brightest thing to do but I was snapping as it was the Cup final :D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Ahhhhh its grand

Playing online seasons last night and 2 games in a row I played against people who literally did nothing else but cross the ball. One of them had custom formation, bale and ronaldo pushed right out to the touchline. For 90 minutes he just crossed the ball with those 2, didn't even try to go down the middle. Cheap ba5tards. Scoring headers is ridiculously easy in this game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Most peoples problem seems to be online but there are actual gameplay problems, for example when you score a goal but are offside, their is absolutely no suspense, the commentary just plays it off like nothing happened.
    So many annoying things but what a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Crimea_River

Conceding goals from corners has to be my no1 hate.... is there a reliable way to stop them? Just got into div4 and it seems to have started happening in every game.

• Administrators Posts: 53,709 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

How are you defending them?

Make sure you're using the shoot button to head the ball away, if you try doing the pass button header you'll always lose out. And lean in to the other player.

I find if the ball is coming in anywhere near the six yard box from a corner, il bring out my keeper and he'll punch it or catch it. It would be rare enough that I concede from a corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Crimea_River

Rushing the keeper and leaning on the strikers seems to be working reasonably well, guess I'd yet to come up against a lot of players who were annoyingly good at corners... also only starting to come up against the dreaded lob from the kick off!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

0 Domestic Cups won shown on My Career in Manager mode even though I've won 2 in my last 2 seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

The commentary from Tyler and Smith is already annoying me, the references to x, y, z player and the World Cup. There's f*ck all relevance now, never mind in a few months time. Bland and boring as ever, wish they'd put a bit of effort in for once.

Advertisement