Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options
1333435363739»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

How is that whenever I leave a player completely for dead they're still somehow able to catch up with me and get the ball back?

This has been happening for as long as I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

That_Guy wrote: »
    How is that whenever I leave a player completely for dead they're still somehow able to catch up with me and get the ball back?

You'd feel like giving up on the game when John Terry can keep up with Neymar. It's been the same for years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

That_Guy wrote: »

press r2 to sprint :pac:

IK09 wrote: »
    press r2 to sprint :pac:

Cheeky bugger. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

"everyone knows if you get the ball from him you've got to give it back because he's the playmaker".......now I've not been following Milan too much, but if Phillipe Mexes is their playmaker, then no wonder they're in trouble!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Constantly outplaying players and still getting beaten so much so that I screenshot nearly every result just to convince myself I'm not going crazy.

Last night for example:

4-4 final result. I had 16 shots (12 on target) - he had 4 (4 on target).
    Possession? 58% to 42%

0-1 (to me)
    I had 18 shots (13 on target); he had none

The AI in this is just ridiculous.

I don't know how many times while playing as Everton I bust through with Lukaku or Barkley and had a shot only for the goalie to parry it. Any forward worth his salt would be following up on the wings, but Mirallas stands at the edge of the f*cking box, probably fiddling with himself or something, cos he wasn't watching the bleedin match!

The other end, my keeper makes an amazing save from Lewandowski and the ball break to Robben and my left back runs AWAY from the f*cking ball. The right back did the same earlier in the game, ball being crossed in and he's right beside the man going for it only to f*ck away off up the field.

I don't think I'll bother my hole with seasons for a while, it's become too frustrating.

Done! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭SnitchingBubs

I have given up on ultimate team, the amount of times the EA servers have gone down in the middle of a match is ridiculous. Last night I was 2-0 up in the 70 minute and down it goes. Sign back in a it tells me I quit and have been punished with a DNF, its happened so many times now that im getting f*ck all coins when I win a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 R0bb01987

playing seasons online and everyone seems to pick real madrid with their only tactic being lob ball over the defence for bale or ronaldo to run onto. no skill involved in it at all. that and people who watch every single replay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Playing Ultimate Team, in division 4 now I think and feel like I'm playing with a handicap, every team has some sort of combination of Diego Costa, Mario Balotelli, Gareth Bale, Ibarbo or the Russian pace whores who's names escape me at the moment. I have Walcott but jesus it's rediclious feel like their is no point in playing till I save up to get Diego Costa. Usual team I play against, Howard, Kompany, Koscielny, Fabregas, Mata, Balotelli, Costa then fill in the blanks, unplayable against really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I'm not sure how the above is annoying?!? People are allowed to play whatever teams they want surely?!? I play Neymar as a striker on 7 chem and I get messages from people complaining about it. Not sure what the issue is. I just think he's better up top than Benzema. Bale is great as a striker too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Playing Ultimate Team, in division 4 now I think and feel like I'm playing with a handicap, every team has some sort of combination of Diego Costa, Mario Balotelli, Gareth Bale, Ibarbo or the Russian pace whores who's names escape me at the moment. I have Walcott but jesus it's rediclious feel like their is no point in playing till I save up to get Diego Costa. Usual team I play against, Howard, Kompany, Koscielny, Fabregas, Mata, Balotelli, Costa then fill in the blanks, unplayable against really.

Get two pacey fullbacks and the wingers will be relatively redundant. They'll still do you in if you can't defend but you'll have a fighting chance. Huge fan of piszcek, although not sure how much he's going for these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

R0bb01987 wrote: »
    playing seasons online and everyone seems to pick real madrid with their only tactic being lob ball over the defence for bale or ronaldo to run onto. no skill involved in it at all. that and people who watch every single replay.

Picking 4.5 star teams solves the Madrid problem.

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Picking 4.5 star teams solves the Madrid problem.

That is true, but its a terrible solution.

Its a shame you have to more or less avoid playing 5 star teams to get around the Real bandits.

I honestly think they made changes like that to get people away from seasons and into UT.

I just used to back out against people who'd go for the edge team when ye picked together, id rather still have that option.

Or a pre pick but load into a UT style kit selection so you can filter them out that way

That is true, but its a terrible solution.

Its a shame you have to more or less avoid playing 5 star teams to get around the Real bandits.

I honestly think they made changes like that to get people away from seasons and into UT.

I just used to back out against people who'd go for the edge team when ye picked together, id rather still have that option.

Or a pre pick but load into a UT style kit selection so you can filter them out that way

I didn't think it was as bad this year until a few weeks ago when I noticed more and more players playing as Real. I suppose the novelty of being Man U or Chelsea with all their new signings wore off.

One lad I remember had one tactic: play the ball down the left to Ronaldo. Didn't even bother with Bale, Benzema or James (or even Modric and Kroos for that matter).

I don't get how people can get any fun out of doing the same thing over and over and over. It's much more fun scoring a variety of goals rather than the same ould sh1te all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I didn't think it was as bad this year until a few weeks ago when I noticed more and more players playing as Real. I suppose the novelty of being Man U or Chelsea with all their new signings wore off.

One lad I remember had one tactic: play the ball down the left to Ronaldo. Didn't even bother with Bale, Benzema or James (or even Modric and Kroos for that matter).

I don't get how people can get any fun out of doing the same thing over and over and over. It's much more fun scoring a variety of goals rather than the same ould sh1te all the time.

Absolutely this! It boggles the mind and is just totally painful to witness. Are these people totally ****ing braindead?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Cut scenes feel like there getting longer every game of clubs

The inability to skip straight to a penalty kick is beyond infuriating. Even worse when they score and you're subjected to a big long celebration with no option to skip it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

still getting booted from EA servers and its doing my head in
    i needed one win from 4 remaining to get promoted and was winning every game and ive got disconnected (thus losing) from the last 3. im afraid to play the last chance now cos ill probs get disconnected again, so annoying. been happening for days now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Ball bouncing over keeper's head from a kick off hoof ten yards inside his half, seriously lol, Courtois just watched it all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,028 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Is there anyway to prepare for that corner kick routine where they have a second player to pass to and all your players are miles away

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Liamalone wrote: »
    Ball bouncing over keeper's head from a kick off hoof ten yards inside his half, seriously lol, Courtois just watched it all the way.

And people say Fifa isn't realistic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭baldshin

Finally got a copy of the game last week. Had hoped EA had sorted everyone quitting when behind, apparently not. Have played 30 UT games and probably only heard the full time whistle 7-8 times (Mostly the ones where I was losing but played to the end). Once guys go 2 behind they just quit immediately! There should be some deterrent to this, maybe ban a player for 24 hours if they quit more than once a day or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

baldshin wrote: »
    Finally got a copy of the game last week. Had hoped EA had sorted everyone quitting when behind, apparently not. Have played 30 UT games and probably only heard the full time whistle 7-8 times (Mostly the ones where I was losing but played to the end). Once guys go 2 behind they just quit immediately! There should be some deterrent to this, maybe ban a player for 24 hours if they quit more than once a day or something.

They lose coins.

Tho I have to say I never get the problem with it. If they quit cause they think they're outclassed then fair enough. Surely you'd rather just get on to the next game where it might be more of a challenge...

• Administrators Posts: 53,709 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

They lose coins over an extended period of time as your DNF modifier is lowered which lowers your coins over subsequent matches.

It's a good deterrent, but it also screws over genuine players. A few times I have lost connection to EA servers mid-game (rest of internet and xbox live etc is perfectly fine) and it lowers my DNF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭baldshin

Argh just lost 5-1, 11 shots on target vs his 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Won a tackle, won the ball, my player stayed down on the ground and his forward hit my players body when attempting to kick the ball

Penalty

WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Penalties are awarded for nothing in this game ****ing awful

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Last 5 goals conceded in the last 2 games:

First game:
    • Random penalty
    • Short corner (which was given away because my defender miss-controlled the ball 18 yards backwards),

Second game:
    • Run straight from kick off with Ronaldo
    • Random penalty
    • Random penalty

Just to top it off, I didn't get any fouls at all, and even when my shots are blocked by a defender, goal kicks are given in both games.

Can they not fix the collision detection and make the ref referee the game fairly?

• Advertisement
Advertisement