Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

LukeS_ wrote: »
    I think you might want to see if that's down to your connection. I played probably a good hours worth of FIFA yesterday and didn't get one laggy game or anything. Nor have I got that many in all the 540 online matches I've played on the game to complain about. Obviously the odd match here and there as with every game, that's just online for you.
    I play on Xbox 360 but I don't really want to bring that debate up. ;)

I play on PS3 and the servers are fine 95% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I play on PS3 and the servers are fine 95% of the time.

+1 on this too. Most of the time I find the servers are grand. I play on manual settings too so any lag would be esp noticable..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭crisco10

This a small but incredibly annoying one.

Goalmoath scrambles in front of the opposition goal, if they do succeed in clearing it, it becomes a laser guided pass straight to their striker. who is perfectly positioned in space to launch the counter attack. NEVER does the wild clearance fall to one of my deep midfielders/defenders. AH!

Not a fan of the penalties but maybe its cos im crap at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

In career mode, the "this player has just moved recently and won't move again" bullshít.

Obviously, I don't mind if a team buy a player and you can't bid for then and there, that's realistic.
    But a year later, it still says: "recently joined....".
    Also, when you loan a player and he moves back to his club, that rule applies.

It pisses me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I actually like the penalty system, except for those games online that no matter where you aim it sends the ball right down the middle every fcuking time. Infuriating, especially when you're aiming properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Tournament mode crashing / freezing after a couple of games.

Skill moves being dependent on what direction you're travelling (though I suppose if they were easier, every Tom, Dick or Harry could do them :) )

Not switching players - sometimes if you lose the ball, it just won't change players.

Lack of urgency - as a previous poster said, you could slide tackle and still not get up to get the ball. Players just seem to have their lazy moments!

The 'skip cut scene' button is the same button that will invariably give the ball to someone 10 feet from the goal.

Overly long window to celebrate (i.e. act like a jackass) and too many replays online.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Sh*tty AI. Don't think there's ever been a worse FIFA than this one for crappy AI.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Somehow forgot:

Traditionally, multiplayer games use four colours - red, blue, green and yellow to differentiate players. Why is green still used in FIFA when it's the colour of grass?! Surely there is another colour that would do the job.....

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The worst thing for me (on ps3) is when you pick head to head and you are searching for an opponent and it stays on this screen for ages. There's nothing you can do except quit the game and go back to the dashboard and start the game up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 quantity771

Tipsy have you checked your NAT type?sometimes this affects finding opponents. NAT 2 or NAT 1 would be even better.

• Advertisement

Defenders refusing to challenge for headers in the box, infuriating. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FifaClubs Conor

Overpowered Virtual pro gk's on clubs
    People who use ai any on clubs
    People who back out from more players in clubs
    When i play a simple 3 yard x pass and it somehow doesnt go to intended player.
    French people on clubs - not met a fair french team yet.
    When my ps3 resets when playing fifa, only happens on fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

After six months of increasing frustration, we started backing out last night against teams with human GKs. They're just too good. If we had one then it wouldn't be a problem, and if teams didn't tend to use exploits like the throughball across the box to score against our crap CPU keeper then there wouldn't be a problem. The deck is just stacked too far against us otherwise though.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Equium

Seeing Cristiano Ronaldo in every single match. I think his outline has been etched into my retinae.

Becoming much worse than usual overnight, unable to make simple passes, lose about 15 games, then realise you'd been fcuking with the camera's and the angles were all changed. Bah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 yhtjuy

Having a player on loan and not having the option to buy him
    'Player not doing well'
    The quality of players going down hill after 5 years in MM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Above all else what really drives me crazy is that whenever the computer gets a free kick within a certain range its a guaranteed goal! Absolutely **** all you can do about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Very briefly:

game freezes when you're online, those f*ckin EA Servers, Quitters (obviously), hackers when you going through 1-on-1, sh*tty tap in goals, completely ott celebrations over said tap in, 3 replays over said f*ckin goal and most of all, the f*ckin poxy over the top through ball

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Very briefly:

game freezes when you're online, those f*ckin EA Servers, Quitters (obviously), hackers when you going through 1-on-1, sh*tty tap in goals, completely ott celebrations over said tap in, 3 replays over said f*ckin goal and most of all, the f*ckin poxy over the top through ball

:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Whats that?? What do they do? But yeah, constant lobbed through balls wreck my head...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Tinie wrote: »
    Whats that?? What do they do? But yeah, constant lobbed through balls wreck my head...

This, but in FIFA....

(I think that's what he means anyway :pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

J. Marston wrote: »
    This, but in FIFA....

(I think that's what he means anyway :pac:)
    Oh right I thought he meant hackers as in hacking the game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

The auto change player really annoys me, also when you you change the settings to manual, the players stop for a moment once you've made the change...

Also the lack of off the ball runs from your players

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

Simply put, playing against Chelsea, their entire team is like running at a brick wall, I know they have physically strong players but my fúcking god!! No matter what team you are!!

They are way too over powered!! Even Torres has the strength of the terminator, not realistic

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Online there's always a delay from when you push a button to when the player does what you want them to do so if there's a player who's through on goal and you try you do a through ball by the time you pass the player is offside or the other team gets the ball. Really grinds my gears :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I got put into an UT game with this Italian d*ckhead. One of those idiots who constantly do step-overs and spins etc, mostly giving the ball away. He managed to score a freekick right on half time with his only shot on target. Second half he got the ball and for 20 f**king minutes he passed it around his defense trying to hold onto his 1-0 lead for the whole second half without me touching the ball. I was playing with 1 striker so I couldn't get any pressure on him and I ended up quitting.

So f**king frustrating when you are put in a game with an idiot like that. They have no intention of playing the game right and he ended up getting the win because I had enough of his bull and quit.

Gianco_Lazio1900 - Watch out for him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I got put into an UT game with this Italian d*ckhead. One of those idiots who constantly do step-overs and spins etc, mostly giving the ball away. He managed to score a freekick right on half time with his only shot on target. Second half he got the ball and for 20 f**king minutes he passed it around his defense trying to hold onto his 1-0 lead for the whole second half without me touching the ball. I was playing with 1 striker so I couldn't get any pressure on him and I ended up quitting.

So f**king frustrating when you are put in a game with an idiot like that. They have no intention of playing the game right and he ended up getting the win because I had enough of his bull and quit.

That wrecks my head, happens far too often. I just go ultra offensive, high pressure, hold B and run around hoping they mess up a pass, but even if you do get it back off them, the next time they get possession, they start doing it again. I usually just quit as its no fun. Clearly people who do that need to get out more and get off the xbox if they take it that seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Oatesy23 wrote: »

Ha, and you know that he's one of those dickheads that then complains about quitters.

It's a massive flaw in the game for someone to be able to so easily do that.

In fact, I've not played FIFA in months now because of all the little things that annoy me about it. It's the first year since i started playing PES all those years ago, where I've not had a footie game to play for the entire year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Stupid AI that make cross pitch passes that get picked off when there's a free man about 10-15 yards away. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

lads do any of your career mode's act up? as in feel very weird sometimes that of a laggy online game...

mine has been playing a bit funny lately some strange things are happining in it while playing like passes going in different directions, delay when pressing a button etc...

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Games getting rescheduled for Thursdays and Fridays... What the FECK!

Happened to me one time so that I had a Champions League Semi-Final on Wednesday, then I had to play Man City on the Thursday. Ridiculous to say the least

Advertisement