Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

people quitting all the time online.

it happens far too often.

they need address it somehow!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Cian59

When you play in stadiums, such as Spurs', and you can't see properly when taking a corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

The Be-A-Pro cam is awful so I just use the tele cam and hold my line as a striker from the radar

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Brendan97

derv wrote: »
    people quitting all the time online.

it happens far too often.

they need address it somehow!
    if a player quits they should take 75 ranking points from the person who did it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Moved Angelo Palumbo from DM to CM while editing a 4-4-2 formation in my Career Mode, and somehow FIFA managed to catastrophically fuck it up and he vanished from my team — being replaced by a faceless GK called "124369" with no stats, and if you tried to play your team with hope of that being Palumbo it started the team with 10 players. Now he is no longer there at all, leaving me without my finest midfielder, and Granero & Denilson being my only 2 midfielders left in my squad, conveniently timed so that it happened exactly 3 days after the January transfer window closed, so I have to make do with the two for the rest of the bloody season! (League Cup, Champions Cup & FA Cup, plus the PL all in contention)

Cheers for that, FIFA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Nailz wrote: »
    Moved Angelo Palumbo from DM to CM while editing a 4-4-2 formation in my Career Mode, and somehow FIFA managed to catastrophically fuck it up and he vanished from my team — being replaced by a faceless GK called "124369" with no stats, and if you tried to play your team with hope of that being Palumbo it started the team with 10 players. Now he is no longer there at all, leaving me without my finest midfielder, and Granero & Denilson being my only 2 midfielders left in my squad, conveniently timed so that it happened exactly 3 days after the January transfer window closed, so I have to make do with the two for the rest of the bloody season! (League Cup, Champions Cup & FA Cup, plus the PL all in contention)

Cheers for that, FIFA.

Oh I feel for you. That's truly sickening!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I got the useless goalkeeper thing before (No, his name wasnt Almunia but he was there also :p) but never had a player dissappear to make way for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭sob1467

The way that you can't go ten minutes playing online without receivng a text/voice message from someone asking for a virtual pro to join their team that must be over 85 and have an average match rating of over 8. You easily get about 5 or 6 of these an hour:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

servers constantly being down.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

Post whatever things that really get on your tits in FIFA.

Sepp Blatter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Mental_Legend

Quitters online. I assume the answer to this question is "no", but do games where your opponent quits count towards the trophy/achievement for playing 100 head-to-head games?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I don't see why they don't, but a friend of mine moaned at me the other week that he had played 125 games so far without getting that trophy, which he put down to people quitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

i'm over 100 now , but never got the 100g,

far too many people quitting games , it's pathetic!!

very annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I think it time and time again, but if a character didn't respond in any other game when I pressed the button it would be called a broken game (e.g. In Street Fighter if I press jab and nothing happens)...However, defenders will frequently not jump for a ball and strikers will take 17 touches before putting boot to ball.

If it goes over, I'll deal with that.....but it's the lack of responsiveness that drives me mental!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭PhilTorres

People quitting online is an absolute pain! Ho dreadfully slow Andy Carroll is! Although that's annoying in real life too!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

- In H2H seasons, when someone quits inside the opening 5 minutes after you've scored, and the result is considered void. Such a stupid rule - if you're leading at any stage in the game and they quit, you should get the win.

- When you're attacking and want to pass to the player nearest to you, and your player for some reason belts the ball back towards your defence, usually giving the ball away and starting an attack for the other team in the process.

- Online players that don't skip those interminable videos at the start of the game and at halftime/fulltime.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Celebrations too long and drawn out (plus you can run around like a moron forever), taking the ball down on chest as defender for striker to steal, goalies who can save top corner efforts but not the slowest finesse shot. Should be able to forfeit without losing DNF - taking a beating for 12 mins isn't fun...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

SuperEagle wrote: »

- When you're attacking and want to pass to the player nearest to you, and your player for some reason belts the ball back towards your defence, usually giving the ball away and starting an attack for the other team in the process.
    That pisses me off to no end. Seems like a lot of the time they just belt it wherever they feel like, in spite of what you are pressing. It's especially annoying when you are through on goal and try to square it for a tap in and your player either kicks it out of touch or turns and kicks it back up the field. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,101 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

When you play a lovely through ball only for your player to run back and defender gets to it.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

When you play a lovely through ball only for your player to run back and defender gets to it.

This. It looks like a player is about to make a run, you press Y or Triangle, player stops as soon as you do

• Advertisement

This. It looks like a player is about to make a run, you press Y or Triangle, player stops as soon as you do

It's so annoying really is especially if getting beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

When a chip through ball is played over your defence, you press X to header the ball, but he just lets it go over his head, and the striker scores!

People who send you messages after winning 1-0 or 2-1 saying your crap and they are Barcelona and your Milan/Munich.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Getting SH1t players in packs on ultimate team!

What's with certain games online when the ball just seems to go behind the player when you make a pass! or it actually passes in wrong direction to another player.

Sometimes it feels like you have to fight to control the player very weird

Also the constant matches against Madrid and barca are a serious serious pain in the arse, people just always pick them not fair at all, they should put a limit on amount of times you can pick a certain team or star in head to head then you would find out who's who's in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

People who send you messages after winning 1-0 or 2-1 saying your crap and they are Barcelona and your Milan/Munich.:pac:

I just drew 0-0 with a fella who was Real Madrid. I was Bayern and had 18 shots, he had 1 and that was a free in the last 5 minutes. Fúcking hate Casillas :mad:

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Knex. wrote: »
    I just drew 0-0 with a fella who was Real Madrid. I was Bayern and had 18 shots, he had 1 and that was a free in the last 5 minutes. Fúcking hate Casillas :mad:

Two words: Joe fúcking Hart :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ConorBSH

Two words: Joe fúcking Hart :mad:

That's three... ;)

But yeah, Joe Hart, Iker Casillas, and Manuel Neuer are the three 'keepers who I dread coming up against. Sometimes I just cannot score no matter what I do.

I don't use five star teams online though so that's not a problem for me for the most part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Also the constant matches against Madrid and barca are a serious serious pain in the arse, people just always pick them not fair at all, they should put a limit on amount of times you can pick a certain team or star in head to head then you would find out who's who's in the game.

You're coming up against those teams because you're picking a 5 star team yourself. The only way to avoid it is to pick a lesser star team.

• Advertisement

Crackle wrote: »

You're coming up against those teams because you're picking a 5 star team yourself. The only way to avoid it is to pick a lesser star team.

Doesn't matter your getting punished for picking 5 star teams, Madrid and barca are head and shoulders above the rest of the 5 star teams, there should be a limit on them!

Also wtf is with playing in the snow , the visibility is cat way way too bright hardly to keep track of what's going on!

Times when you pick say a 4 star team and it's puts you up against spurs etc a joke

Advertisement