Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,101 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Doesn't matter your getting punished for picking 5 star teams, Madrid and barca are head and shoulders above the rest of the 5 star teams, there should be a limit on them!

Also wtf is with playing in the snow , the visibility is cat way way too bright hardly to keep track of what's going on!

Times when you pick say a 4 star team and it's puts you up against spurs etc a joke

You can leave the game within the first 5 minutes right?

That's what I do now when I see somebody with Barca.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

You can leave the game within the first 5 minutes right?

That's what I do now when I see somebody with Barca.

oh really, does that work?

thorbarry wrote: »
    oh really, does that work?

once its' within first 5 minutes, it does yes.

Now I don't mind playing better players(which is lot:pac:), but if some people just going knock ball around from tip off I normally just disconnect.

The only annoying thing is when you score within first 5 minutes and they automatically disconnect then. Happened to me today.

On other hand I really need to work on the skills on FIFA 12. I find the chop a great one if have pacey winger at minute, but need have few more as they can really help(once you don't overdue them)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Servers are killing me tonight ! Argggh FIFa UT !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Anyone else getting this message? "There was a problem getting your online information please try again". 2 days of this now really pissed about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

once its' within first 5 minutes, it does yes.

Now I don't mind playing better players(which is lot:pac:), but if some people just going knock ball around from tip off I normally just disconnect.

The only annoying thing is when you score within first 5 minutes and they automatically disconnect then. Happened to me today.

On other hand I really need to work on the skills on FIFA 12. I find the chop a great one if have pacey winger at minute, but need have few more as they can really help(once you don't overdue them)

I hate when ya get an early goal against someone and they disconnect. One of the biggest problems with the game IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with allowing early disconnects - especially with the way that kits often clash in FIFA12, but once you're a goal down you should lose the ability to cancel without losing no matter what the time on the clock is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Anyone else getting this message? "There was a problem getting your online information please try again". 2 days of this now really pissed about it.
    Ye thought that was just me, Joke at this stage tbh..Also why every giving out about Barca and Madrid i find both especially Barca quite easy and the players are always preditible....Messi-Ronaldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tomjohn01

I am playing in career mode as Liverpool and Anfield p!sses me off, the game has about 10 yards of grass between the goals and the kop, that is not there in real life. Only a small gripe, but a gripe non the less!!

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Ye thought that was just me, Joke at this stage tbh..Also why every giving out about Barca and Madrid i find both especially Barca quite easy and the players are always preditible....Messi-Ronaldo.

I personally refuse to play Barca and Madrid. They're too strong all over the place, IMO. I do generally avoid 5* star teams anyway but I like having the odd game with Argentina and England - two teams who are 5* rated but with huge weaknesses in their squads. I'm happy to play against any of the International sides, Milan, Arsenal, United, City, Chelsea, etc, but in my experience Madrid & Barcelona attract a certain type of player who is generally not much fun to play against (ie dickheads).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I personally refuse to play Barca and Madrid. They're too strong all over the place, IMO. I do generally avoid 5* star teams anyway but I like having the odd game with Argentina and England - two teams who are 5* rated but with huge weaknesses in their squads. I'm happy to play against any of the International sides, Milan, Arsenal, United, City, Chelsea, etc, but in my experience Madrid & Barcelona attract a certain type of player who is generally not much fun to play against (ie dickheads).
    I know wat u mean generally the ejits with silly celebrations and wat not...IMO i use them both on occasions but i just use all different teams couldn,t use the same team all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I don't usually play online, but the last time I did was against Real Madrid (as Arsenal), he went one up early on and had a big ott celebration. Needless to say I then had the same big ott celebrations for my goals and put him firmly in his place with a 6-1 thumping :D

I've told this story before on here but I remember in FIFA 11 playing someone who was Real Madrid when I was Spurs. This guy hammered me 3-0. I've no problem losing in FIFA - I'm not great so have to get used to it - but this guy was doing all the elaborate celebrations, replaying every goal from all angles, doing tricks and generally acting like a knob throughout.

He beat me, fair play. I hit 'rematch' because frankly I was livid with his conduct. I went straight for my beloved Southend United (a 1* team). He obviously picked Madrid again. 20 minutes in I go 1-0 up. With 15 minutes left Big Bad Barry Corr nods in a second. 2-0 to the Shrimpers and this utter prick who had lauded his last win over me disconnected. It was a great feeling, I can tell you!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

Keepers palming everything to opposition strikers. -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

The fact Clubs has fecked up two nights ina row ¬¬

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

The other night I was playing online as Arsenal, the other guy was Milan. I went 4-0 down but managed to get it back to 4-3 with 15 minutes to go, and the **** decides to pass the ball around his back four, I didn't get another touch:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

SuperEagle wrote: »
    The other night I was playing online as Arsenal, the other guy was Milan. I went 4-0 down but managed to get it back to 4-3 with 15 minutes to go, and the **** decides to pass the ball around his back four, I didn't get another touch:mad:

This happened to me yesterday in UT. He was leading 2 - 0 at half time, I pull one back to make it 2 - 1 in the 53rd minute. Straight from the kick off, he runs up the wing into the corner flag, wins a throw, runs back down into his own half and proceeds to pass it around his defense :mad:

In response, I went Ultra Attacking and chased the ball around non-stop. He concedes a corner in the 78th minute and guess what ? Oh yeah I score to make to 2 - 2 :cool:

To top it off, I nicked the winner in the 87th minute. Afterwards, we exchanged more than a few messages, most of it was me gloating :D

SuperEagle wrote: »

Best thing to do when that happens is go to "Ultra Attack" using right button on D-pad.

That pushes all your players up the field.

You can adjust it again whenever you like

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Best thing to do when that happens is go to "Ultra Attack" using right button on D-pad.

That pushes all your players up the field.

You can adjust it again whenever you like

I like to go "High Pressure" as well. Really helps out a lot in squeezing the space they have to pass it around the back with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Playing head to head and coming up against a team with two players controlling them, tracking the off the ball runs is impossible. If I wanted to play clubs I'd have fcuking played clubs. Especially annoying in ultimate team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Töpher wrote: »
    Playing head to head and coming up against a team with two players controlling them, tracking the off the ball runs is impossible. If I wanted to play clubs I'd have fcuking played clubs. Especially annoying in ultimate team.

I find it easier playing against someone with a guest a lot of the time. Just pass the ball around and spaces will open up because they'll be dragging players out of position :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,617 ✭✭✭Trampas

run into your player with the ball and ref calls offside.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

You pass the ball to a player who's offside but another of your players, who's not offside, gets it. Ref blows for offside anyway

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

1585ff39-02bc-4582-b307-39c6816446fe.png

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

Töpher wrote: »

I always thought it was easier against two people, with them on different wavelengths and what not. Unless they're twins or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

Above pic

It's funny how everyone is always through on goal everytime the ref blows for half/full-time. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Playing with / against guests has its pros and cons (believe me, I know! :D). Tracking runs - send AI to player with ball while you go for runner. They also have to deal with ego - more than one person looking for personal glory when a potential shot is on.

If you pass it around, you might be able to find some space. They are dealing with two sets of strengths and most importantly weaknesses - plus FIFA is a bit mental at times in terms of switching players & selection of controlled players.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

The arena time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Gerard Pique.

How hard it is to win a free.

Retarded handballs.

When ya make a perfect challenge and get a card and a free/penalty given away.

When passes go to the completely wrong player.

How computer hoofs always land at their own player.

When the computer get up from a tackle quicker than you, despite tackling them hard.

When your player does that silly little jump to try and avoid a player on the ground.

There's probably more as well...:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Gerard Pique.

How hard it is to win a free.

Retarded handballs.

When ya make a perfect challenge and get a card and a free/penalty given away.

When passes go to the completely wrong player.

How computer hoofs always land at their own player.

When the computer get up from a tackle quicker than you, despite tackling them hard.

When your player does that silly little jump to try and avoid a player on the ground.

There's probably more as well...:o
    Agree with alot of this. The ai really is hard to beat consistently this year, which is probably a good thing but struggling more offline than online this year :o

Advertisement