Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Missing the sign up for the new league :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Thiago Silva

Pepe

2 of the most annoying things in the FIFA game is how good these two are at CB, As fast as any striker ><

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Chiellini and David Luiz should be up there too

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Animal Bar

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

First Game in Division 2, been using Stoke for the last 10 games or so. Against Valencia, I go 1 nil up after 4 min, Of course he quits. Major rage on my part after a good goal.

So go for a new 1st game in D2, Stoke vs W.Bremhen. This guy plays the full 90 min getting the pall to his forwards then just walking around my defenders turning every way which is impossible to stop then passed the ball across the goal for a tap in. So frustrating. Then watches all 3 replays of each goal. Lost 4-2. Had to turn off the PS3 to cool down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

coming back from 4-0 down online only to miss a penalty to make it 5-4 in the last minute aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,101 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

People who just consistently slide tackle, but get more man then ball and ref does nothing and to make it worse they seem to score or create chance from it.

Played a guy today who just kept sliding all over, beat him 2-1, but was the most boring game ever.

Nothing wrong with slide tackle once it's not every bloody second

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

I'm in appalling form and for some reason have no confidence in front of goal so have been relegated from division 1 to division 4 over the past few days....

First two games in division 4 I use a 4 star team and get Spurs twice?! Came away with 4 points. Could have been 6 but Adebayor scored 3 wonder goals in the second half to go from 3-0 to 3-3, gutted. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I'm in appalling form and for some reason have no confidence in front of goal so have been relegated from division 1 to division 4 over the past few days....

First two games in division 4 I use a 4 star team and get Spurs twice?! Came away with 4 points. Could have been 6 but Adebayor scored 3 wonder goals in the second half to go from 3-0 to 3-3, gutted. :(

im the exact same lol, confidence at an all time low.

went from div 2 to 4 myself.:(

my problem is even when im playing bad il keep going :D

im the exact same lol, confidence at an all time low.

went from div 2 to 4 myself.:(

my problem is even when im playing bad il keep going :D

I just beat Real Madrid 8-2. You'd think my confidence was back....but he was terrible and I should have scored 14. :p

People in Division 4 can't defend, I've sunk to this! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

When you come back from a goal down to take the lead 2-1 and you see the loading circle making you think the guy is disconnecting. Only to find you have been kick off EA servers, given a 3-0 loss and can't play any more head to head until you dashboard because it comes up with some wierd roster error. Also made worse by the fact that was the last game of the season and cost me promotion.

Closest i have come to putting my controller through the TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

When you miss the sign up to the Boards league by a day :(, Also in Career mode starting out with 6 wins out of 6 and now i can't buy a win what is it about the computer that you just can't consistently whoop um

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Does anyone notice that in career mode they always give you similar fixtures season after season?

Say if you pick united they will give you a load of fixtures against smaller teams and then give you all the bigs ones against your liverpools,arsenals,Chelsea etc all after one another...

They do it every season too! Annoys the fu*k out of me

I find it hard to play career mode once I get into playing online regularly.

Played out a 0-0 draw last night I was Ivory Coast and he was Spurs and how the hell it finished without at least six goals I will never know.

We both hit post twice and he hit crossbar, he cleared 2 shots off the line from me and he also missed open goal, and to top it all off I missed a penalty (first in ten I say). We both just texted each other pretty much in lol mode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭as125634do

clowns fifa is the worst game ever pes is by far the superior game. this is the word of god.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

as125634do wrote: »
    clowns fifa is the worst game ever pes is by far the superior game. this is the word of god.

Wow, it's suddenly 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

PES used to be the better game (by a lot, too), but in recent years FIFA has taken over again. PES is still good, but FIFA is just better now.

Pro Evo (I can't use that other name for it) has slipped into the exact same mistakes that FIFA used to make in that the last couple of games (I've not played this year) have been all about creating the best looking game and then throwing lots of **** at the gameplay and seeing what stuck. Wheras EA are doing what Konami did for years which was gradually modify and improve the game each year.

Konami got lazy and complacent and have now been left behind. I bought the last three games from both series but this year only bothered with FIFA. And I'm a massive, self-confessed Pro Evo fanboy. I'd much rather support that game over FIFA but in all honesty it's clear which is the better game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Imagine an up to date version of Pes 6. Heaven. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Just played a Single Player Ultimate Team tournament, absolutely ****ing ridiculous it was. Built my team with U-23 players, 100 chemistry, playing against the best teams in the game. Somehow made it to the final, torturous as it is playing against the CPU on Legendary, but I was up against Bayern Munich, absolute bull**** ensues, you know yourself when it just feels like everything you do you are getting screwed by the CPU. Somehow I come out on top, I win 2-1... And on the Player Ratings screen I get a message saying 'You have lost your connection to the EA servers' and I get kicked out of Ultimate Team. Just unreal. Didnt get kicked off Xbox Live, and I signed right back in to the EA servers. What the **** is that like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Finally won the First Division in head to head, was looking forward to the commentators telling me how great we were to have won the league etc and maybe there be a little team celebration.

But as usual EA decided that not only should there be no animation for winning the league, they didn't even bother using the right commentary. Dispite having actually won the league, the commentators are saying how this puts me well on my well to winning the league with my remaining fixtures. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Started playing online more, the servers = crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

It's undoubtedly been mentioned already, but the thing that annoys me most about FIFA is the a-holes that play it online. I've no problem taking a beating (and I've taken plenty) but I hate it when you get people who just have to rub it in. People who do the longest possible celebration and then watch all the replays of their goals and then again at half time and full time. And I've had people do that when they're a couple of goals down ffs.

Fair enough if you score a 30 yard screamer or a comical goal, but not something like a tap-in from 6 yards or a penalty. Though there is great satisfaction to be had when you get the chance to do the same to them.

The main culprits for this (in my experience) are the French players. Whatever the reason for it is, I don't know.

In general I've always found Mexicans, Spanish, and Italians to be the most unsporting on fifa. Germans and Scandinavians probably the most sporting. Irish, British, French in between.

Mexicans were the worst though, but I don't seem to be matched with them anymore. Not since fifa 10.

The thing is they should get rid of highlights of goals altogether.

There is a option to watch and save a goal after the game is over in Match Highlights. So if you do score a cracker you can watch it as much as you like after it.

Funny I find the French the worst myself. The UK seem to always be the ones with smart comments though.

I would only message gg, best of luck in next round(cup game) or something like that.

But last night, this guy from the America went to all time low when he hoped I would die the most horrible death. I just pressed the Report button. I dont do replays he had 1 guy sent off I did not **** around with replays. Beat him 3-1.

Some people just take it too serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Get rid of replays, but have a proper replay function - it varies too drastically. The other night I kicked the ball from GK (in snow), bounced at half way line where opponent GK was backpeddling from corner and missed his kick. Kept bouncing until eventually his defender and GK fell over each other and ball bounced in. Resulting replay was 4 seconds long and started at the edge of opponent's box :'(

Get rid of celebrations too. Absolutely pointless and just serve to rile people up. FIFA Street takes control of your celebrations and it's quick and painless.

Snow should always result in match using a bright ball.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

+1 on all the above. Celebrations should only be for offline mode only.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Amount of **** that play this game is what pisses me off- the game has few glitches but the people who play online totally eclipses anything a game developer can do really.. Agree that being able make your opponent watch replays after goals and ht and ft just enables these morons

Yes just get rid of replays full stop.

You can watch them as often as you like in Match highlights after the game.

Funny it seems to be Barca and Real abusers who can be worst on this account.

I don't mind replays after goals. It gives me an opportunity to have a sip of my drink if nothing else. But yeah they're very annoying at half time and especially full time. Once you've lost you should be able to go straight to the menu not wait 45 seconds for loads of highlights.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement