Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that piss you off in Fifa

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

When your playing the H2H season and want to try out a lower starred team rather then the powerhouses but having to wait an eternity for a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

feeney92 wrote: »
    You pay for a service and thats exactly what you get, unlike PSN servers who crash as soon as somebody in the office sneeze, microsoft actually put money into maintaining the service and quality of that service, I have both a PS3 And an Xbox And i woul much rather pay or PSN rather it be free, because lets be honest, Is S***E!!!
    Dress it up however you like, the simple fact is they are charging you to play your own game.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

Computer any in pro clubs can fúck right off. Just lost a match there to the computer scoring :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'd rather have a mediocre computer ANY rather than the abjectly hopeless computer ANY last year. I know my Club have conceeded far more goals to human controlled ANY players than we have to computer ones.

IMO the point of Clubs is for people to control one player, not for one person to control eight or nine players. Then it's basically H2H with just a couple of players controlled by other people.

• Advertisement

So you would rather stick with connectionless always crashing PSN? thats fair enough..........

You seem to have had a bad experience with PSN but you can't say "always". As I said, I've never really had any connection issues with PSN and the problems I have had have been down to servers not being good enough rather than an issue with the Network itself.

I appreciate that there are certain features in Live which aren't there in PSN and can see why people feel that the price is justified (I'm a PS+ subscriber so pay the equivilient of Live anyway) but I don't recognise this picture that you paint of PSN at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

When talks break down when selling players or when someone makes an offer for your player but they pull out due to financial difficulites.
    Anyone have any tips for selling players? Nobody wants to buy Carragher, Gerrard or Suarez.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

Defenders are way too strong.......

Unless you're Ronaldo, then they don't exist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Refrees,offsides,pace abusers,sweaty goals,people who use real madrid and man city.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Constant squad errors even with matched star teams, disk freezes and overall poor layout for Online Team Play 2v2:rolleyes:

I hate that the camera angle is adjusted at different stadiums. I like it zoomed out fully but at stadiums like the san siro it's far more zoomed in than I like and it just feels weird. Everything feels faster and it's hard to adjust, so I usually lose to Milan at the san siro (they're a good team anyway!).

Same problem playing Santos and Celtic.....

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

I won a h2h game 5-0 and it came up as a loss and ended up getting relegated thanks to it.

That fcuking pissed me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

I hate that the camera angle is adjusted at different stadiums. I like it zoomed out fully but at stadiums like the san siro it's far more zoomed in than I like and it just feels weird. Everything feels faster and it's hard to adjust, so I usually lose to Milan at the san siro (they're a good team anyway!).

Same problem playing Santos and Celtic.....

If ya set up a custom camera angle, it will sort that out for ya. Was getting annoyed with the old setting and as a manual player, was struggling picking out certain passes. So have resorted back to the old tele angle which am using for all games online and offline

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

^^ on the camera angles, some stadiums have awful corner cameras. hate the ones that zoom waaaaaay back. just dont seem to do well with them for whatever reason.

Fowler87 wrote: »
    If ya set up a custom camera angle, it will sort that out for ya. Was getting annoyed with the old setting and as a manual player, was struggling picking out certain passes. So have resorted back to the old tele angle which am using for all games online and offline

That doesn't change it for the San Siro.

He like myself uses the same custom camera, but when you play in the San Siro it zooms in MASSIVELY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

In head to head if you score in the first five minutes your oppenent always quits and you dont get any points.

I think if Madrid wasn't in the game I'd have lost about 70% fewer games.

One thing that really gets me is an attacking free kick from a non shooting position, not alone is it next to impossible to get it to the man you're aiming(due to waywardness and having to power it perfectly) but the strikers decide to run back and forth across the line(usually after you've powered)

I'd much rather the quick free option every time, and from that camera angle.
    Might make powering it the right distance a bit easier, so often I've powered it, saw the angle switch back and thought ''..**** thats going right to that midfielder''

Another problem with this that's also related to heading is how much of a disadvantage you are trying to head the ball in the direction it was kicked from a dead ball.
    If you even win the header your other striker runs offside more often than not.
    Whereas the defensive team can put a header to a striker who might have got the ''defensive split''(where after a kickout/free kick, your defenders stretch out from the middle leaving yourself open to a returning header leading to an open run) that come from balls that didn't go far enough down the pitch.

They really need to work on that aspect, the heading battle shouldn't be so much in favour of the team who shot the wide/gave the free away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

One thing that really gets me is an attacking free kick from a non shooting position, not alone is it next to impossible to get it to the man you're aiming(due to waywardness and having to power it perfectly) but the strikers decide to run back and forth across the line(usually after you've powered)

I'd much rather the quick free option every time, and from that camera angle.
    Might make powering it the right distance a bit easier, so often I've powered it, saw the angle switch back and thought ''..**** thats going right to that midfielder''

Another problem with this that's also related to heading is how much of a disadvantage you are trying to head the ball in the direction it was kicked from a dead ball.
    If you even win the header your other striker runs offside more often than not.
    Whereas the defensive team can put a header to a striker who might have got the ''defensive split''(where after a kickout/free kick, your defenders stretch out from the middle leaving yourself open to a returning header leading to an open run) that come from balls that didn't go far enough down the pitch.

They really need to work on that aspect, the heading battle shouldn't be so much in favour of the team who shot the wide/gave the free away.

Is that all Minto ? :)

Agree though bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Being matched against international teams online. I really hope they sort this out for the 2013 game.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The fact that Darren Bent always scores against me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭ConorBFC3

Fucking servers!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

yomtea98 wrote: »
    In head to head if you score in the first five minutes your oppenent always quits and you dont get any points.

Get the ball as soon as possible and just pass it around for the 5 minutes. Once those 5 mins are up... proceed to tear them apart :)

The one thing which genuinely does get me annoyed/angry is the commentary after you lose a game in H2H Seasons. I know that it's a bad result, I don't need Martin Tyler going on about it for 20 unskippable seconds. ARGHHHHH!!!

Must win game to not get relegated.....3-0 up.....ea server disconnect.... 3-0 loss....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Fcukin' H2H. I fcukin' hate you.

Out of the first four games I lost two and drew two, then I won four in a row, two games two points needed. Second last game, I dominate position, he lad has two shots I have around ten, my passing is around the 90% mark and I just can't score. Same again on the last game but I lose 1 - 0. Fcuk you FIFA.

CPU anys can fcuk off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Equium

People using 3-5-2 every match. Putting 2 defensive midfielders in front of a back three and launching long balls over the top to Ronaldo, Messi and Co. really annoys me. I know it's a common enough tactic in real life, but in the game it's like playing against a brick wall at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

The lack of people playing 4-3-3, a lot of games I play are against really defensive players and this can lead to some boring, low scoring games, irritates the shít out of me at times!

Advertisement