Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Failed Recordings

• 30-05-2011 5:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I've been getting a lot of failed recordings on my sky+hd box these usually show up as failed because of a "technical Fault". I also have had a situation on several occasions where I turn on the box and get "No satellite signal" and I also got this yesterday while watching TV. There was no rain at the time so that wasn't the cause. Disconnecting the box from the mains seems to restore the signal. I have about 75% signal strength and 90% quality on both inputs.

I have tried resetting the LNB and, while this seemed to work the first time I did it a week ago, the problem returned. When I did an LNB reset last night I had two failed recordings within 30 minutes after the reset, including one I was watching at the time with no problems.

I have a Foxsat HDR on the same dish and have no problem so don't think it's a dish issue.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

What make box have you is it a Thomson? If so its highly likely the capacitiors in your psu is starting to fail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭mossie

steveon wrote: »
    What make box have you is it a Thomson? If so its highly likely the capacitiors in your psu is starting to fail?

Sorry, should have said it's a Pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Havent seen that happen much on a pace box myself to be honest, check that there is no birds landing on the front of your dish as you say its only happening from time to time. If you spot any get a couple of tiewraps and tie em facing upwards cutting them into small sharp ends so if any should land again they will hurt em and send em packing..

steveon wrote: »
    Havent seen that happen much on a pace box myself to be honest, check that there is no birds landing on the front of your dish as you say its only happening from time to time. If you spot any get a couple of tiewraps and tie em facing upwards cutting them into small sharp ends so if any should land again they will hurt em and send em packing..

Haven't seen any birds but will keep an eye to it. Since I posted the original this afternoon I've had 2 failed recordings and another stopped halfway through - that showed "technical fault 7".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

mossie wrote: »
    Haven't seen any birds but will keep an eye to it. Since I posted the original this afternoon I've had 2 failed recordings and another stopped halfway through - that showed "technical fault 7".

you are not alone

• Advertisement

STB wrote: »
    you are not alone

Yeah. Found this last night and did a full reset which seems to have solved the problem. For now at least. My box had a new Hard disk fitted to boost capacity but has been perfect for two years. Problem just started in the last two weeks.

Advertisement