Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Campus Accommodation

Options
  • 30-05-2011 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi, was just wondering does anyone have any tips regarding off campus accommodation...we have been looking on websites such as daft but would be grateful for any tips or contacts :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Smeefa

im in the same boat myself! So difficult cause all the renters are looking to rent from now and want year leases....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Glenomena2011

Smeefa wrote: »
    im in the same boat myself! So difficult cause all the renters are looking to rent from now and want year leases....

Thats why a lot of students sub-let for the remaining 3 months, often to other students like postgrads who will be doing work over the summer.

Private landlords hate students and will treat you like ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Thats why a lot of students sub-let for the remaining 3 months, often to other students like postgrads who will be doing work over the summer.

Private landlords hate students and will treat you like ****.
    Not always, I've had good experiences with landlords. When they realise you're not going to wreck the place, they'll usually treat you well enough. They'll still insist on a 12 month lease most times though,but that's just good business sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭supernutrino

Raphael wrote: »
    Not always, I've had good experiences with landlords. When they realise you're not going to wreck the place, they'll usually treat you well enough. They'll still insist on a 12 month lease most times though,but that's just good business sense.

Everyone I know who had student accommodation told me getting their deposit back was the big nightmare, even if they had no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭davi78

I have been renting off campus since September and have had no problems with the landlord. With regard to the lease situation, although you may be signing a lease for a year, a month's notice will guarantee the return of your deposit, once the property has been maintained.

If you have any questions about renting, contact Threshold and they should be able to answer anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Depends on your lease, a lot of leases put loss of deposit in as a cancellation clause.

Advertisement