Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Commute advice please ;)

Options
  • 30-05-2011 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

Hi folks i have a trip ahead in the morning up to near Leeson street and i will be leaving Milltown close to Newbridge and was wondering if there is some experienced trippers out there for some advice,

A-Take the car and pay multistory parking for the 3-4 hours

B-Drive to the Redcow park there and hop on a Luas

C-Get the train straight in to Heuston St and foot it and Luas hop

To me taking the car in would be the easiest option plus i would feel more in control of the time as it is an appointment but i could be persuaded if say it was more cost efficient and easier on the time taken by using public transport :).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭qwytre

What time do you need to be in Leeson st at? You would probably want to give yourself 2 hours to get to Leeson St, park, and walk to your appointment\engagement if you are going to be hitting rush hour traffic.

If you hit the Red Cow by 7/7.15am you will breeze trough into Leeson St.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

qwytre wrote: »
    What time do you need to be in Leeson st at? You would probably want to give yourself 2 hours to get to Leeson St, park, and walk to your appointment\engagement if you are going to be hitting rush hour traffic.

If you hit the Red Cow by 7/7.15am you will breeze trough into Leeson St.

Appointment is not until 11am so i would be hoping the traffic would have eased by that time.
    Would be leaving around 9am.
    Don't suppose anyone would know about a family day travel ticket,that would do the train/Luas and buses?
    That could be a good option too?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

Another option would be to take the train to Heuston (there is a promotional commuter ticket off-peak which you could use, maybe €10-12 return).

Once there you could take the LUAS for a couple of stops and get off at the Four Courts or Smithfield where there is a Dublin Bike stop nearby - you could go to Leeson Street on that at your leisure. You can check the Dublin Bikes website for exact details of where to pick up/drop off the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

NedNew2 wrote: »
    Another option would be to take the train to Heuston (there is a promotional commuter ticket off-peak which you could use, maybe €10-12 return).

Once there you could take the LUAS for a couple of stops and get off at the Four Courts or Smithfield where there is a Dublin Bike stop nearby - you could go to Leeson Street on that at your leisure. You can check the Dublin Bikes website for exact details of where to pick up/drop off the bike.

Be sure and register before hand for the bikes...

You could get train to Heuston and taxi for appointment, then bike/bus/walk back at your leisure.

Sorry, re-read the post - if car is your preference, then if you get going good and early, (the earlier the better) then you should be fine. Train would be most reliable time-wise, as busses can get caught in traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Thanks for the advice guys,feel like a noob heading up to the capital(first trip there this year and never been on the Luas:pac:).

• Advertisement
Advertisement