Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kill and "terrierwork" should be taken out of foxhunting

Options
  • 30-05-2011 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Though I am one of those who would like to see foxhunting banned outright I also realise it may be some time before that happens, given FG's support for this and other "fieldsports".

But in the meantime I think most people on BOTH SIDES of this debate might agree with me that the actual kill...and more especialy the so-called "terrier work" should be taken out of this bloodsport.

I'm thinking here of the practise of using terriers to torture a fox or fox cub that has gone to ground/ or has been unearthed alive...

This is what happens, though bear in mind that this particular clip (below)was filmed across the water. It is, however, quite typical of how many foxhunts end, and this is the side of the "sport" that relatively few people taking part actually see (riders, followers etc).

I hope this practise will be banned in the forthcoming animal welfare bill that the government promised in the PFG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdpSf8lHxqs&feature=related

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ive warned you already about using this forum for your agenda.

Thread locked.

You have already served a one week ban and have been banned for a week from the hunting forum aswell.If you keep this up Im banning you for good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement