Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caller I'd problem with rapid broadband

• 30-05-2011 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi. My wife's parents recently had rapid broadband installed and have a problem with their caller id no longer working. I haven't seen the set up myself but a quick google search pointed towards Maybe a problem with the dsl filter?? Anyone else have this problem or any advice to share? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Any Device connected to a DSL Phoneline including Caller IDs need a DSL Filter Attached.

DSL-Filter.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭forestman

Thanks for that. Like I say I haven't seen the set up but it may be something as simple as that. Are they easily got? Are there specific ones for different lines?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

forestman wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Like I say I haven't seen the set up but it may be something as simple as that. Are they easily got? Are there specific ones for different lines?

where you from i have a few of these if you can collect,but any electrical good DIY,pc shop will have them

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭forestman

Thanks for that. I'm in west cork but like I say I haven't seen the set up yet. If I can't get one I'll give you a shout. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Rapid Broadband are a wireless broadband provider. DSL filters have nothing to do with it. The phone service will be VOIP, and caller ID will be something that is set up by the operator. They will need to contact Rapid to find out if they even support this feature.

• Advertisement
Advertisement