Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My 5 year old's first attempt at becoming a chef lol

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

I'd be careful to ensure that the little fella carries on cooking because he wants to.

I totally agree as this has never been about money making, from the start it has been a bit of craic between the 2 of us and the 1st time he says he doesn't want to do the video's anymore well that's the end of them, I hope I'm not putting out the wrong picture of myself as I'm not one of those freak pushy parents that want their kids to rule the world,he's a kid at the end of the day and his enjoyment and memories to look back at later in life is what matters

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

martic wrote: »
    I hope I'm not putting out the wrong picture of myself as I'm not one of those freak pushy parents that want their kids to rule the world

No you're not coming across like that at all, and everyone can see how much Ciaran's enjoying it. There'll probably come a day when he doesn't want to do it anymore, and that's when you'll really be glad that you recorded it. My kids are adults now and its stuff like this that you treasure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭CaptainPendulum

I totally agree as this has never been about money making, from the start it has been a bit of craic between the 2 of us and the 1st time he says he doesn't want to do the video's anymore well that's the end of them, I hope I'm not putting out the wrong picture of myself as I'm not one of those freak pushy parents that want their kids to rule the world,he's a kid at the end of the day and his enjoyment and memories to look back at later in life is what matters

That's exactly it. Enjoy the food by the way! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I saw Ciaran's video on the Morning Show:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

He really seems like he's interested in what he's doing - and really seems to be enjoying it!! I don't think you'd get a 5yo to do that if they didn't want to.

He's so adorable!! *SQUEEEEEEE*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭rylie

Aw just came across this now! Ciaran is sooooo sweet, love the videos!

Thanks Dizzyblonde, I didn't know it was on myself so missed it :( Here's a link to the show they give an intro at the start,then if you scroll to 23.23 that's where it features

http://www.tv3.ie/shows.php?request=themorningshow

olaola wrote: »
    *SQUEEEEEEE*

LOL

I don't know if you were on Martic, I just switched on as they were introducing Ciaran's clip. The show's usually repeated the following morning on the 3e channel if you want to catch that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Subbed. Very cool young lad you got there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

lucylu wrote: »

Just to clear something up,Ciaran will not be appearing in person on TV3 the papers kinda went a bit OTT on the whole job thing,I got a call from the series producer and they want to air his youtube video's on a weekly bases for a few weeks,they have already shown 2 of them maybe they wont show anymore who knows but he is enjoying seeing himself on the TV.

Brilliant as usual :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Ah these keep getting better and better.
    Loved the start where his digs his potatoes and picks his onion for the soup.

Hill Billy wrote: »
    martic - You should seriously think about setting up a blog or your own website. :)

With the growing interest in Ciaran's video's and advice from others (yes that would be you Hill Billy :)) I have decided to created a Blog page, in it there will be video's, recipes of past and future dishes plus picture recipes and u never know we might even get in a father son cooking video if I can rid myself of the fear of cooking in front of a camera :eek:

http://ciaronskitchen.tumblr.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Nice one martic! Best of luck to you & Ciaran!!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Ah bless this is fantastic, only discovered it today. Ciaran is such a cutie and exudes growing confidence in each clip! So enjoyed watching them this morning and can't wait to show my OH this evening! Fair play to ye both!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,437 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I'm not a parent, but I don't think you should have any worries in that regard.

Here's Ciaran's latest video "Eton Mess" one of his favourite desserts, His leek and potato soup video was shown today on TV3 which again was class to see :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Great show Ciaran! Starving now!!!

He's a little star - I loved watching him make the Eton Mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

OMG. How adorable is that :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

You can really see that he is enjoying it! Keep encouraging him, hes a little star!!

keithob wrote: »
    well its inspired me too cook cakes and buns with the kids when mammy is off out this evening!....

shud be fun!!

Loved reading this comment,How did it go???

Ciaran's latest video, all recipes can be found @ http://ciaronskitchen.blogspot.com/

Adorable as always!

Great stuff Keith :)

In this video Ciaran takes a trip to a beach in the beautiful west coast of Donegal to collect mussels

• Advertisement

Loved it, have a hunger now for the mussels in creamy white wine sauce!

Advertisement