Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting a Gsm Dialler

Options
  • 30-05-2011 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

A Friend has a HKC Securewatch alarm and has aquired a pyronix V2gsm speech dialler. First question is it compatabile with the HKC?
    Secondly how would he connect it up to his control panel? He only wants it to text him if the alarm goes off and thats it nothing else, cheers...

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That is compatible with most panels. You simply connect to the panel outputs . You can use a bell output if you don't have engineer access.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

He does have the engineering code. do u know what terminals in the gsm controller I connect to?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Generally + - to 12volt DC AUX on the panel 2 inputs to 2 Outputs on the panel (Alarm & PA) & the pair to the phone line.

Now the phone line confuses me. It has a sim card slot, so why do u need a phone line?

My Mistake , was mixing that up with a duel com unit.
    Juts the power & the outputs so.;)

• Advertisement

No worries... In the pic attached do i go 12v into the top 2 terminals and then use the next 2 terminals underneath them? Cheers...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

This is how its connected.

Do I only have to connect the alarm terminal if I only want it to text when alarm is activated? What about if tamper is activated or is that the same as alarm? Cheers....

If you want tamper alerts connect to an output programmed as Tamper.
    If you don't want PA dont connect to that.

Can that dialer be used with a landline instead of the sim card to save him having to top up the sim card as he will forget to do it....

• Advertisement

It only has the option to be used as a GSM. It is a nice unit as it can control different outputs plus get a text back to let you know the status of the different outputs. He could set it up to arm/disarm the system also.

ok got the dialler connected to the panel with 12v's on it and the sim card inserted. It has a signal.On the alarm panel only have fire/panic/alarm/disarm. I put my cable into fire and then when i went into properties it says POS or NEG, not sure what it should be set to? Or should i use a different output? Just want it to tx on an alarm activation thats all...Cheers

Connect to the alarm output for alarm activations. The HKC should be set up for negitave.

I connected to the alarm terminal. In engineering mode its called tech 1, is that right? I set that to NEG. I got a tx straight away then, but then when i set the alarm and set it off it didnt tx me? Any ideas or anythin obvious that i might be missing?

I connected to the alarm terminal. In engineering mode its called tech 1, is that right? I set that to NEG. I got a tx straight away then, but then when i set the alarm and set it off it didnt tx me? Any ideas or anythin obvious that i might be missing?

Yes, the output on the alarm panel needs to be set for alarm negative.

any ideas why its not textin me when alarm is activated??

any ideas why its not textin me when alarm is activated??

Yes, you have output 3 set up as a tech 1, you need to change this to alarm.

thanks, did that and it seems to be workin, fingers crossed it stays that way, thanx again for your help...

thanks, did that and it seems to be workin, fingers crossed it stays that way, thanx again for your help...

Your welcome. It is a good unit so you have no problems with it.

I can't get the gsm to tx more than 1 mobile number. I have 4 numbers entered and setup as SMS message but only the first number receives the tx???? Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Sounds like you need to set which events you want each user to get.
    Menu 7, SMS options and then set up the user options for each phone number

Thanx did that and it worked... Cheers...

I can't get the gsm to tx more than 1 mobile number. I have 4 numbers entered and setup as SMS message but only the first number receives the tx???? Any ideas?

Another way would be to allocate all to each phone number programmed, it saves you having to manually set up all the numbers to the input. Have You set up the input response time. If there is a false alarm this delays the input from activating and sending the message.

thats a good idea must do that 2m? Cheers....

thats a good idea must do that 2m? Cheers....

Your welcome, if you have any other issues let us know.

Advertisement