Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems tuning Optex ORD 9540

• 30-05-2011 8:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm having some problems tuning a Optex ORD 9540, I'm in the south of France and want to get as many FTA English channels as possible, I think it is Astra 2A/2B/2D/EUROBIRD 1 The dish is at 28.2E. I can get ITV and BBC but no channel 4 Film4 and E4. I really don't have a clue what I'm doing, Can somebody please walk me through what I need to do and which settings to use to get as many channels as possible.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bazmas

Have you any luck so far ? I have purchased the same receiver and a 80cm dish and I am just setting it up. I live near Auch so I dare say I will have the same problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Fiend-Foe

bazmas wrote: »
    Have you any luck so far ? I have purchased the same receiver and a 80cm dish and I am just setting it up. I live near Auch so I dare say I will have the same problems.

I seemed to get the best result by doing individual TP scans one at a time using the info found here for the stations you want to recieve

http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html

rather than doing a full scan, plus that way you don't end up with all the dodgy dating and teleshopping channels and end up with about 900 programme numbers you will never use. I still couldn't get e4 and more4 and the corresponding +1's to work properly, said weak signal onscreen, dodgy picture + sound.**

I'm not there anymore, back in Ireland. I will try to speak to the people who own the house and let you know if they had any luck sorting it out.

Sorry mate, I don't really know what I'm talking about here. And I'm no longer able to access the box to give you any detailed info on the menu options etc.

Best of luck...

**EDIT I did notice before I left that a tree which had been fairly small before had grown a lot and was partially obscuring the dishes line of sight. I thought that this may be the cause of the problem, but it was only the above mentioned channels which were affected. The status reported a strong signal and good quality. Hopefully it works out for you. Can you keep me posted and let me know if you find anything useful?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bazmas

Many thanks for your swift reply. I managed to get BBC on my initial setup but not much else. This morning, using the experience gained yesterday, I selected the menu then Sat installation for Astra 28.2E and like you, used the TP screen, adjusted everything until I had good readings, 92% strength and 70% quality. I have far too many stations so I will, in time, delete the lot and reload only those I need. Because it was my first setup, I was learning as I progressed, I didn't adjust the LNB skew initially and that was my problem really. I moved the TV into the corner bedroom next to the wall with the dish so I could hear if I hit a station. I might try another fine tune to see if I can bring all the stations in as I read if its tune correctly, one should. Tip, AZ first, El 2nd and then LNB skew.
    The whole system cost 135 euros including fixings and fuel, bargin.
    Thanks again, Rita will be able to watch the mens final at Wimbledon this afternoon. :)baz.mason@gmail.com

Advertisement