Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Eircom Email on UPC

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

gona go to bed lads... head is melting trying to get this to click

thanks anyway for ur help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

It was more was it outlook 97, xp, 2003, 2007, 2010?

Try repairing outlook to make sure but given the fact that someone else is having problems with eircom email over upc there maybe an issue for everyone

Cookie its 2007

Just rebooted pc this morning and it worked perfect!!!! How weird is that !!!!???

Working fine now....

Thanks for all your help

lol. Glad it's back anyway ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Something similar has happened with Outlook express.

It will not collect the emails form our eircom.net email address here in work. It was working no problem for at least 6 years and no one chnaged any settings as far as I know.

The ISP is packet exchange.

When you try to get the emails a sign appears saying ''the POP3 server has not repsonded in 60 seconds. Would you like to wait another 60 secs?''

Can anyone shed any light on this please

What are your pop and smtp settings? Have you tried using windows live mail desktop?
    http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mail?os=other

I'm at home now, I'll get them when in work tomorrow.

If it's a problem in work then it could be because of work blocking access to pop email

It is their computer, their email address and it was working up to about a month or so ago.

The boss knows about the issue, he more than likely would have said if it was something they had possibly done.

• Advertisement

Right, I deleted the account from outlook and started again. I thought it might auto detect the settings but it doesn't. Tried to do that wit thunderbird but it failed with auto detect.

Can someone give me the addresses needed for incoming and out going mail?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Slidey wrote: »
    Right, I deleted the account from outlook and started again. I thought it might auto detect the settings but it doesn't. Tried to do that wit thunderbird but it failed with auto detect.

Can someone give me the addresses needed for incoming and out going mail?

Incoming (POP3) mail1.eircom.net

Outgoing (SMTP) smtp.upcmail.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

And you will need the eircom password too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Ya-Boy-Ya wrote: »
    Up till today .... my Outlook wont receive or send emails.
    Ive asked loads of ppl have settings changed or something and been told they havnt and was wondering why its JUST happened me ???

Can anyone help ???

Hi Ya-Boy-Ya

this is a link to eircom email settings and may offer some guidance. Not aware of any wider issue with receiving / sending mails from Outlook.
    Tony

Advertisement