Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help-rhesus negative mother who lost 2nd child at birth

Options
  • 27-05-2011 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi, i'm 32 and i'm rhesus b negative. i have a boy of 5 who is b positive like his father and he is in good health. in dec 2008 i lost my newborn baby of 2.4kg with severe jaundice and aneamia. my antibodies test was positive. after the birth of my boy, i had anti-d injection. it didn't work. recently i'm feeling really depressed,wanting another baby. please help and advice on what food to eat and if there is any chance having child in good health

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

peri wrote: »
    hi, i'm 32 and i'm rhesus b negative. i have a boy of 5 who is b positive like his father and he is in good health. in dec 2008 i lost my newborn baby of 2.4kg with severe jaundice and aneamia. my antibodies test was positive. after the birth of my boy, i had anti-d injection. it didn't work. recently i'm feeling really depressed,wanting another baby. please help and advice on what food to eat and if there is any chance having child in good health
    Peri, I'm very sorry for your loss and your health problems. You've posted this in a rather obscure place though. You might be better off in the Trying to Conceive subforum (and maybe start a new thread for it) but be warned that posters are not allowed to offer any kind of medical advice. You may get more general support though, it's good to share. I'll highlight it to the mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Thanks Cat. Split out to its own thread in TtC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

The only reply I can give is that my mum is Rhesus negative and my dad was positive and she gave birth to 6 heathy children after one miscarriage. The condition shouldn't preclude a heathy baby. Talk to your gp or gynae and they should be able to advise. I have had 3 anti D's after miscarriages just to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

I'm O Neg myself and both of the girls (9 years & 5 months) are O Pos as is my hubby (obviously)
    It never caused me the slightest of problems, I got the Anti-D after my eldest I don't remember it this time round but then again those few days are a bit of a blur

Peri you should talk to your GP and see what advice they can offer you

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rozdaza

Wondering if anyone who had a child with rhesus disease had any long term implications/effects on child. I was sensitized (no known cause) in last couple weeks of 1st pregnancy, 1st baby had precautionary phototherapy and bloods but all ok. 2nd pregnancy we needed 3 intrauterine transfusions, born at 34 wks and was in NICU for 3 weeks and had 2 transfusions in first couple months post birth. I am wondering if there are any long term effects on child? Have spoken to consultant re: future pregnancy which would more than likely mean the same as baby 2 or worse (more transfusions/may be born even earlier). Mentioned more incidence of ADHD/poor concentration/reading difficulties due to prematurity and anaemia

• Advertisement
Advertisement