Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

college course

Options
  • 30-05-2011 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭

How do you know a course is right for you. Having been thinking about going lately. I just don't know what would be a right course for me. I didn't want too anything too hard. Is there someone you can talk too that would know what is right for you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Really difficult thing to know, I knew about half way through my original degree it wasn't for me. By then I figured it was too late and stuck it out. Still unsure if that was a good choice or not, here I am though. So long story short, you won't know it's not for you until you actually start the course

• Registered Users Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭cena

I would rather know what course would suite me. I grew up with learning difficulties and I would have social workers come too school doing test etc with me, Anyone know how hard web development is. Is there good jobs after you finished it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

You need to do your research.

Check out the colleges prospectus and what the modules are like. You can get in touch with the head of the department in the college and the mature student office in the college and explain your situation. Most colleges are very accommodating with mature student queries. Also, go to open days at the college and try speak to students on the course. Here you can find out about the difficult subjects, hours per week, assignments etc.

This thread might have the type of courses you're looking at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055048147 You might some of it useful.

Advertisement