Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Axa Car Insurance

Options
  • 30-05-2011 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here is covered by them? If so, what are they like?

My car insurance is up in about a month's time and I got the renewal notice from Quinn today. I went through the Axa website and got a quote that's about 65-70 euro cheaper.

Part of me is a little sceptical though but I think it's a genuine quote with no hidden charges. Although I will most likely phone them up to be sure and phone Quinn to see if they will knock down their price (they did last year when I got a better quote elsewhere).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Cork Boy

G-Money wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone here is covered by them? If so, what are they like?

My car insurance is up in about a month's time and I got the renewal notice from Quinn today. I went through the Axa website and got a quote that's about 65-70 euro cheaper.

Part of me is a little sceptical though but I think it's a genuine quote with no hidden charges. Although I will most likely phone them up to be sure and phone Quinn to see if they will knock down their price (they did last year when I got a better quote elsewhere).

As a broker i recommend Axa highly. However, their online quotes can be a bit eh, dishonest. check out the excess, make sure you have all the extra benefits you need. Actually, screw the website and find your nearest broker. they get bulk purchase discounts and can get it cheaper than you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I actually got a much cheaper quote off 123.ie, most likely will go with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

G-Money wrote: »
    I actually got a much cheaper quote off 123.ie, most likely will go with them.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72472769#post72472769

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

SteoL wrote: »

So any recommendations for other companies then? I must have got about 6 or 7 different quotes from different companies online so far.

The Tesco car insurance quote seemed good. Any feedback on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Ring Axa, the call agents are well trained and have a reasonable amount of discretion with the numbers. Tell them the quotes you have on the table and see what you can squeeze out of them. When they see that you are shopping around they will do their best to give you a good quote.

Even if Axa is the lowest online quote, make out that you have a lower offer, they are capable of going lower.

Do NOT make a decision based solely on online quotes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement