Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights in a shed.

Options
  • 30-05-2011 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Hello ,I've some stuff bought to install a couple of lights in my folks shed.
    I was going to just use a standard light switch and power them from a socket ,is it possible to series two lights from a standard power outlet or does it have to be a dedicated light circuit ?

Sorry if thats a stupid question ,but I don't want to be annoying mates about it. I need to get it done sharpish.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Does the shed already have the socket in it, or your thinking of coming from the house socket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Does the shed already have the socket in it, or your thinking of coming from the house socket?

Theres a socket for a washine machine already there.
    It's a single lightswitch I was going to use with two angled bayonets in a series loop

cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    Theres a socket for a washine machine already there.
    It's a single lightswitch I was going to use with two angled bayonets in a series loop

cheers.

What you can do is come from the socket with a 2.5 twin and earth into a switch fused spur, not a light switch as your coming from a socket circuit. From the spur then with 1.5 twin and earth to the two angled batton holders. the 2 batton holders will in fact be wired in parallel then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

robbie7730 wrote: »
    What you can do is come from the socket with a 2.5 twin and earth into a switch fused spur, not a light switch as your coming from a socket circuit. From the spur then with 1.5 twin and earth to the two angled batton holders. the 2 batton holders will in fact be wired in parallel then.

Thanks very much:)

Advertisement