Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Savings Account Rate

Options
  • 30-05-2011 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I'm looking for some advice about where to open a new savings account.

I already have my current account and regular savers account with Ulster Bank, but ideally I'm looking for somewhere you can easily deposit varying amounts of money from time to time.

I've been looking at the bank's website but all their accounts either want you to committ to setting up a direct debit for a set amount, or offer a poor interest rate.

I used to have an account with the credit union where I put money every now and then when I had it spare, but closed it because the paid no dividend last year.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭stephen812

Right, I've opened up the Permanent TSB Online Regular Savers. There's not alot of information of the web about it and the staff in my local branch don't seem to know much about it.

What I'm wondering is, can you make lump sum deposits during the month or is it just the one direct debit thats allowed per month?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

The T&C's state
    For the “Online Regular Saver Account” you can lodge each calendar month an amount, not exceeding a maximum amount ("the Maximum Monthly Amount) as specified by us from time to time (or over such other period as we may specify in which circumstance “Maximum Monthly Amount” will be deemed to mean “Maximum Periodic Amount”). If at any time a lodgement exceeds the Maximum Monthly Amount, the full lodgement amount will be returned.

That to me sounds like you can make more than one lodgement as long as the total for the month isn't over the maximum allowed.
    Try it - the worst that will happen is they will return it to you.

It's pretty bad that the staff don't know !!!

www.moneyguideireland.com

Advertisement