Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI out to HD ready TV Problem

Options
  • 30-05-2011 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. Ive got a nVidia GT 540m in my laptop and I was trying to play GTA4 on it but on my TV. It runs fine on my laptop (thank god) and my laptop connects to the tele and shows up the desktop and other tasks on the tele as a dual monitor, but when I go to start the game it switches back to only the laptop screen. I tried to run it so that it wasn't dual monitors and it was only the TV but when I did that I only got the audio coming through the tv and it went black. Which is a slight improvement but I kinda need the video :)

Any one any ideas on this one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Anyone any ideas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Start up the game and bring it down to a 720p resolution(1280×720). Then close it and run the Tv as the main monitor. Ctrl+P and choose projector only(if using Windows 7). Start back up the game. Odds are its trying to run at a resolution that the TV can't handle, hence the sound only with a black screen.

Thanks man ill give this a go when i get a chance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Bring down the res of the HD Screen, once you get the video you can play around with it until it's a good size. Also if you set the HD TV as your main monitor it should default open on that screen, that might also allow it to show the video.

Mister Man wrote: »
    Bring down the res of the HD Screen, once you get the video you can play around with it until it's a good size. Also if you set the HD TV as your main monitor it should default open on that screen, that might also allow it to show the video.

Yeah i think this has been working all along but my tele does this weird thing where it just blacks out the screen and only allows audio. I dunno why it does this but I noticed it a good while ago when i was using a different EXT channel for sky.

• Advertisement
Advertisement