Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Otitis Externa (Swimmers Ear)

Options
  • 30-05-2011 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Has anybody else ever had this? I had very sore ears a few years ago and my doctor kept saying it was eczema. It got particularly bad one day and when I went back to the doctor I was told it was swimmers ear (ironic..I cant swim!) and I was given antibiotics and drops.

The following few days I was in so much pain I could move or eat or anything. I had to go to the hospital for pain killers :( since then every few weeks for the last couple of years my ear gets really painful and horrible and ear drops never seem to get rid of it, only improve the symptoms slightly.
    I'm just wondering if anyone who's had otitis externa has suffered from long term effects from it?
    I had to have micro suction in both ears several times too in the last few years because of it but this only keeps the symptoms at bay for a few weeks!

Advertisement