Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Polar CS200cad question

• 30-05-2011 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Hi guys

Picked this up as a great little bargain off the adverts section here earlier in the month. Cant seem to get the cadence sensor to read on the computer.

I've googled and read a lot of solutions to the problem but nothing seems to have work. If anyone have the same model as myself and would be willing to share set up photos so I could attempt to replicate them please feel free, or to offer a solution in general.

At present the sensor is mounted on the chain stays opposite side of the chain, and the computer unit on the stem. No change in reading even when the sensor is close to the unit. The sensor is also very close to the magnet (less than the 4mm recommended).

I've tried:
    Magent parallel to the cranks and horizontal to cranks.
    Swapping the sensor position around with the branding pointed at and away from the magnet.

Cheers for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

I've the 400 not sure if they're the same but here's how mine is set up:

My cadence magnet is on the crank opposite the chainset and the cadence sensor is on the down tube with the polar logo facing upwards. It's always worked fine for me.

If your sensor is on the chainstays it might be too far away from the computer to get a reading AFAIK it's recommended to put it on the downtube.

If all else fails i'd try a new battery and if u do replace the battery make sure u replace to rubber seal on it too. Can get battery kits of CRC and the like which have the battery and rubber seal.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

Try mounting the sensor on the downtube, that's where I have mine and it works perfectly

from Polar : http://www.agp-pro.si/polar/cs200cad/Manual_Polar_Cadence_Sensor_17926741.00_ENG.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

can safely say its the worst computer i've ever bought,
    i sent it back three times to polar to be repaired the last time they wanted 50 quid for the repair i told them to bin it they sent me a new one which it completely useless no wait sometimes it actually tell me what speed i'm doing .
    i sure hope your one is working as it should ,
    place the sensor on the downtube the magnet should be on the crank as close as you can get it without hitting the width of a zip tie.;)
    good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 liam doherty

could anyone tell me can you change the cs200 from klm to miles if so how i have asked a few lads no one could figure it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Vizzy

could anyone tell me can you change the cs200 from klm to miles if so how i have asked a few lads no one could figure it out.

I tried to post the answer but it just comes out as junk.
    Anyway the instructions are on page 38 of the manual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,778 ✭✭✭cython

Try the instructions here. Be warned though, miles are not "Euro" :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 liam doherty

cheers lads got the klm to miles problom sorted.:D

Advertisement