Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Moycullen

• 30-05-2011 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all,

Relocating to Moycullen in the next week or so and was wondering if its possible to have UPC out that way. The house in is the Gortnahallia area about 3km from the town.

If not is there any other suppliers that offer good broadband, not really wanting to go down the mobile dongle route, would prefer wireless broadband installed in the house.

Any help on the matter would be great

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭josey_whale

Hi Galway2011,

I live in the village, and we use Eircom for our broadband. To the best of my knowledge, the only option that you have (if you don't go the dongle route) are either BT or Eircom. UPC only offer TV in Moycullen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭LowOdour

i lived in moycullen a few yeas ago and had irish broadband (now owned by imagine) and was pretty good...never had any real problem with their service. Think vodafone or three have a mast in Tonabrocky, so you could get decent coverage from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭tphase

if you have line of sight to Tonabrocky, you could also try Lighthouse networks http://lightnet.ie/ They don't list Moycullen as being covered but I suspect it is. I'd give them a ring if you can't get wired BB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭LowOdour

+1 for lightnet. They are my current provider and have had no real problems with them in the last year. As posted above, I thought they werent available in moycullen but definately worth giving a shout to...think their installation fee has gone down lately aswell

• Advertisement
Advertisement