Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bargain Alert: New Ferguson HD DTT/Sat Combo Box - €63 before postage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭An.Duine.Eile

willyb007 wrote: »
    I have posted same list with built in new firmware on this thread a day or two ago. That mite be better option for you if experiencing any sync problems, however you will have to re-scan DTT if you are receiving from Clermont Carn :( As I am receiving from Carinn Hill.

Thanks for the file.

I am receiving from Maghera, so edited the file with the Ariva Editor. Edited the DTT freq of 682000 and changed to 690000. There was a second setting on that screen that was 0, and had to changed to 1000, to save the new freq.

Loaded it onto the box and it worked great. No need to rescan and channels not messed up.

For Carinn Hill use Freq 730000
    http://www.mpeg4ireland.com/dtt-muxes#mapping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭user1842

pissed wrote: »
    OK just loaded up your file, deleted the terrestrial channels and completed a scan for terrestrial for my location. Channel list is all messed up again after scan. Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Umm something is going wrong here. Are you sure it has messed up your SAT channel list and not your DTT list?

Also how many channels is your scan picking up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Umm something is going wrong here. Are you sure it has messed up your SAT channel list and not your DTT list?

Also how many channels is your scan picking up?

Hi, scan picked up the RTE's, TV3, TG4, 3E, News Now, JNR. I have reloaded the file again but can you tell me how you edit the frequency? I dont see an option within the editor or through the box. Thanks.

Hi, scan picked up the RTE's, TV3, TG4, 3E, News Now, JNR. I have reloaded the file again but can you tell me how you edit the frequency? I dont see an option within the editor or through the box. Thanks.

Sorry not at my box at the moment and cant remember off the top of my head.
    It really should not be messing up your SAT channel list. Stupid question, are you 100% sure you are saving your SAT channel list after you change them? It will ask you to save.

Not really sure what you mean about saving. I have downloaded the channel list from this thread. Inserted USB into receiver. Upgrade by USB and selected file. The box upgrades and reboots. All channels are still in order at this stage. Selected the terrestrial channels and deleted them from the list. Rescanned terrestrial only. After the rescan my Sat list is garbled???

Sorry should have mentioned after terrestrial rescan it asks me to save and I accept.

Not really sure what you mean about saving. I have downloaded the channel list from this thread. Inserted USB into receiver. Upgrade by USB and selected file. The box upgrades and reboots. All channels are still in order at this stage. Selected the terrestrial channels and deleted them from the list. Rescanned terrestrial only. After the rescan my Sat list is garbled???

This makes no sense and did not happen for me. Where is the box getting the info to change the SAT channel order :confused:. Sorry I cant be of more help. May I ask are you using the new firmware? If so this could be a problem with it.

No I was about to load the new firmware earlier but got a bin mismatch or some warning so decided to just stay on original 09 may 2011. I have gone through ariva channel editor and the editor within the box itself and dont see any option to change frequenty:confused:

- Download editor from http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/func-startdown/841/

- Download listing from http://www.mediafire.com/?9czjk8m8tyv76om ( Thanks Willyb007)

- Open file
    - Expand 'All Services'
    - Expand 'Satellite Information'
    - Scroll to bottom and expand 'DVB-T'
    - Right Click 'TP_6820_V_0' and select Edit
    - Change Freq to new setting ( Carinn Hill use Freq 7300, try sym rate 1000 )
    - click Okay
    - Save File

Load onto the box.

Good Luck
    [IMG]file:///C:/TEMP/arivaeditor.JPG[/IMG]

Screen shoot of editor

Great stuff , thats what I was looking for. Off to bed after a nightshift but will play around with it later on. Thanks for all your help .

• Advertisement

No I was about to load the new firmware earlier but got a bin mismatch or some warning so decided to just stay on original 09 may 2011. I have gone through ariva channel editor and the editor within the box itself and dont see any option to change frequenty:confused:

The 'bin mismatch' message occurs because you are installing a newer version. It does not match the installed version. Click Yes to continue.

All sorted, thanks to everyone for their help.
    I had to change the frequency for the first two in the DVB-T list and all worked out fine. All channels in order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

The 'bin mismatch' message occurs because you are installing a newer version. It does not match the installed version. Click Yes to continue.

And it should always be 4096k in file size!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

All sorted, thanks to everyone for their help.
    I had to change the frequency for the first two in the DVB-T list and all worked out fine. All channels in order.

How is it all sorted shor the lipsync issue is not resolved :confused:

darth_maul wrote: »
    ok to get the channel list to work with new firmware this is what is needed.

Open ariva editor and open you channels list.
    go to file export and save it as a udf (user database)
    close arivaeditor and open again
    open udf file
    the goto file export and save it over the new firmware abs file
    this now has new firmware and your channel list

put usb drive back in combo box
    goto upgrade by usb
    upgrade mode userdb
    select the new firmware file
    click start

have one ready here if anyone needs it

Taking it a step further..... The Clarketech Editor Studio v3.17 downloads the latest settings and info for each ANY satellite and which you can export that to Ferguson format as a UDF file and do what Darth Maul has suggested above to incorporate it in the firmware.

It is a blind scan without scanning! And will enable/enforce stations not found by conventionel and time consuming scan methods.

Instructions for usage (change the language to english by the way from the menu - its italian on default even after choosing english on install - its on the menu that comes up - language)

Instructions

File, Import, Choose Web,

Choose Satellite

Then whether you want TV or Radio or All.

Thats it. Then Export it to your satellite box type using Export (Ferguson would be Ali Generic CAS). And export to UDF (so that you can then do Darth Maul suggestion OR you can export directly in firmware, in the save dialog just select the firmware and confirm the overwrite, in fact the original file will be overwritten, but only added an ending to the name, eg. "_List01.)

Of course if this is all over your head, dont attempt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

@STB copy I d/loaded last week does not have the english option. Rapidshare link seems broken , do you have anthr D/load URL ?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Tony wrote: »
    @STB copy I d/loaded last week does not have the english option. Rapidshare link seems broken , do you have anthr D/load URL ?

Meant to mention that - the link above - use anything other than the first link which is rapidshare on that multi-upload list. Eg Hotfile works.

Tony - when you install that - run the program and change the language under "Opzioni" and Linguaggio to English. Its a menu option!

Its on the one you already installed.

STB wrote: »

Tony - when you install that - run the program and change the language under "Opzioni" and Linguaggio to English. Its a menu option!

Its on the one you already installed.

Have to disagree the one I have intslaled just has default no languages at all. I'll re install 3.17, thanks for the links.

Edit:this one has english :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭fergald

Hi Tony,

was watching vincent brown on tv3 last night, audio was out of sync, drove me mad. Do you think their will be a fix for this soon.

Kind Regards
    Fergal.

• Advertisement

Hi Fergal, I hope so but i have no control over this, its ferguson who are writing the firmware. Has anyone noticed any diffrence between programmes Tv3 make themselves and imported shows?

At this pont I'm not certain the TV3 issue is the same as the ITV one as all the terrestrial channels should show the same delay as they are all on the same transponder using (as far as I'm aware) the same audio transmission.

fergald wrote: »
    Hi Tony,

was watching vincent brown on tv3 last night, audio was out of sync, drove me mad. Do you think their will be a fix for this soon.

Kind Regards
    Fergal.

IrishHomer wrote: »
    How is it all sorted shor the lipsync issue is not resolved :confused:

I was relating to my specific problem with the channel list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Can't figure out how to edit favourites lists. I accidentally made several, don't know how, now I want to delete them but I can't see an option to do that. Any ideas?

On the audio sync on TV3. I watched half of VB last night and the sync was very obviously out, watched the repeat this morning and no problems. The only other channel I've noticed it on is ITV HD but it's fine on Granada HD. I'm watching on a fairly small (19") screen, that might account for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭chisel

I got my box today. I downloaded and installed the list kindly posted by willb007 - many thanks for that.

I'm using scart to a rear projection tv. The lipsync issue is there alright, but it's slight. It does seem more pronounced on some channels than others - maybe it's just more noticeable on some programming.

Anyway, I plan on sending an email to Ferguson tonight, might as well keep the pressure on them.

Fran.

Just speculating but i'm wondering if its just live Tv3 programmes this happens with? Is VB recorded on first showing at night?

bmaxi wrote: »
    Can't figure out how to edit favourites lists. I accidentally made several, don't know how, now I want to delete them but I can't see an option to do that. Any ideas?

On the audio sync on TV3. I watched half of VB last night and the sync was very obviously out, watched the repeat this morning and no problems. The only other channel I've noticed it on is ITV HD but it's fine on Granada HD. I'm watching on a fairly small (19") screen, that might account for it.

Just speculating but i'm wondering if its just live Tv3 programmes this happens with? Is VB recorded on firwst showing at night?

bmaxi wrote: »

Watching vb now, perfect.

• Advertisement

I spent a good bit of time with it tonight....

1. The sync issue : its worse on some channels than others. Tv3 and 3e seem among the worst, followed by rte1+1. Rte1 seemed ok, as did BBC 3 & 4. Seems to me the audio codec nearly must be at fault here.

2. Playback : I used super to recode some avi files to mkv. It wouldn't support some mp3 tracks at 320kbps but was fine with aac at 112. Seems like processing speed might be an issue on the audio side.

3. USB: I used a stick with a sdmicro card in it - it stuttered on playback and couple of times. If I paused it, rewind a few seconds and hit play, worked fine. Most likely the sdmicro card is class 2 so might not be the best choice.

4. General impressions are that its an excellent little box. If the sound was sorted out, it would be top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Alders123

is it possible for someone to check an ''approved'' saorview box to see if they show the same synch issue... if no synch issue on an approve box ..then this will be more ammo to push back to ferguson to fix the issue.:)

I've 2 other boxes here, one approved and one not, no sync issue on either. The sync issue is small though, it's not wildly out, but noticeable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

So is this a Linux box?
    Can it cardshare?
    Whats the menu like compared to say a Skybox?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

chisel wrote: »
    I've 2 other boxes here, one approved and one not, no sync issue on either. The sync issue is small though, it's not wildly out, but noticeable.

have to disagree there... on my box its like watching those dubbed chinese martial arts films it so bad..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭willyb007

Hi again lads,

Sorry to be a pest asking again about my own query's:(.

The last few days I have exhausted myself researching on the net about whether or not certain subscription cards will or not work with the Ariva 120. Being a relatively new box its hard to find any information on it.

So far I have only managed to discover that the S*y and Cyfra+ subscription cards will work.

Really like the functionality of my Ferguson and that combined with a sports card would be great, but only if someone can tell me for sure if this will work with the Ariva 120. Has anyone tried it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

have to disagree there... on my box its like watching those dubbed chinese martial arts films it so bad..

agreed, mine sounds nearly as bad as yours!

For those with the bad sync issues - do you have a usb drive connected?.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭fergald

no usb connect just really bad sync on some channels. i find it hard to live with personnally. sent ferguson an email no reply

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

No, only connected usb for the update.....don't really see any difference.

Thanks guys, I thought I could detect a slight worsening of the sync when I connected the usb stick - but I can't reproduce it. Must be a red herring.

Playback of mkv files: the picture freezes every now and then, audio continues, a quick press of rewind followed by play sorts it out. This is with mkv files that play ok elsewhere.

Tried recording tonight - worked very well, as did pause live tv. Very handy feature.

Anybody else having the problem with the EPG not populating? Not a big deal but a PITA all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

DTT EPG is there alright, but Sat is a no no :(

DTT EPG is there alright, but Sat is a no no :(

I actually have the SAT EPG but all the stations don't populate. For instance, if I click on BBC1, I can see now and next for that but not for the channels below it in the EPG i.e. BBC2, 3,4. If however I click down to BBC2 I can see the now and next for that and for BBC1 but not for 3 and 4 and so on down the list. Hope that's not too confusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I should have been more specific and said "Full DTT......."
    I get only Now & Next on the Sat channels and not on all of them either:(

• Advertisement

Yes, I have the same thing with the EPG. Its like it only populates the EPG for satellite when you are on the channel. I've seen that on other boxes though too.

I had an email back from ferguson this morning, but its just a zip file with the current firmware. So no hope there.

On the other hand, I watched a good bit last night and couldn't detect any lipsync issues. Maybe it was just the stuff I was watching? ITV4 (I think - Monty Python meaning of life) and BBC3 or 4. Checked RTE around news time too.

I'm trying to get the playback of mkv files running OK. So it says in the book that it will play AVI, MKV, MPEG, VOB, TS, TRP and MP4 with mpeg2 or H264 video and mp3/AAS/AC3 audio.

Has anyone established a suitable set of settings for SW like say SUPER or some such to convert files to these criteria?

there is hope :) We are testing new firmware version late this afternoon if all goes well ferguson will release it. I'll have a version with a satellite channel list also to try make things a bit easier . If anyone needs i'll also put up a list for the 3 rock transmitter.

chisel wrote: »
    I had an email back from ferguson this morning, but its just a zip file with the current firmware. So no hope there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mfsignal

Does anyone know the code to use to control this unit from a universal remote - I have a BOSE lifestyle entertainment system which can't use the supplied Ferguson RCU500 remote as it only receives radio remote commands. However it broadcasts IR commands to other aplliances, but it does not recognise the Ariva using any of the built in Ferguson Satellite codes.

Any help on this would greatly simplify my coffee table!!

Thanks,

BTW I have just received delivery of the Ariva 120 from Tony at satellite.ie and it has been the simplest bit of kit to set up - plugged it in to replace Sky+HD box and it had everything set up before I turned the TV on.

mfsignal wrote: »
    Does anyone know the code to use to control this unit from a universal remote - I have a BOSE lifestyle entertainment system which can't use the supplied Ferguson RCU500 remote as it only receives radio remote commands. However it broadcasts IR commands to other aplliances, but it does not recognise the Ariva using any of the built in Ferguson Satellite codes.

Ferguson........... 01291, 01743, 01929

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

there is hope :) We are testing new firmware version late this afternoon if all goes well ferguson will release it. I'll have a version with a satellite channel list also to try make things a bit easier . If anyone needs i'll also put up a list for the 3 rock transmitter.

Great news Tony. I hope the testing goes well.

Celtxx wrote: »
    Great news Tony. I hope the testing goes well.

Its encouraging so far . Darth maul has kindly offered to test as well so hopefully we will get his expert opinion later.

Latest update is ferguson should release firmware tomorrow, there is one issue for the Italian market which is holding it up . I'll be shipping this firmware from now on and anyone who wants to test the firmware (on the condition that you do not publish it ,forward it or share it) please email me and i'll reply with a copy attached until such time as its on open release . It does not matter whether you bought from me or satsklep

Edit: guys please no more requests for now as there are too many to reply to, hopefully we'll be able to publish a link tomorrow. Thanks for your patience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭darth_maul

Early days in testing of the new beta firmware revision and so far so good, can't see any lip sync issues on the main Channels that I was suffering from,
    namely ITV HD (london) FiveHD (freesatcard) and TV3 (intermittent)

while I'm not willing to give it a clean bill of health yet, but based on the limited testing I have done so far it does seem to have solved the lip sync issues. Although I must admit that I didn't see this issue to the level a small few here reported, (suspect they may have issues on the TV side aswell), Will report back later when I have time to do further testing.

just a warning though that the info is still missing from the DTT channels, but this may be an issue with RTENL transmitting non standard, although TVP polonia (polish station) on 19e was also not displaying program info when tested last week.

Stunning work guys!!! :) Well done to all involved.

Now for the next question: I've grown quite attached to the channel set up that was posted by willyB007 - this had the most recent FW already built in. I'm sure I saw somewhere how you can update the FW without messing up the channel set up - anyone have the instructions bookmarked/to hand?

Fran

(still experimenting with the movie files)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭philahern

Latest update is ferguson should release firmware tomorrow, there is one issue for the Italian market which is holding it up . I'll be shipping this firmware from now on and anyone who wants to test the firmware (on the condition that you do not publish it ,forward it or share it) please email me and i'll reply with a copy attached until such time as its on open release . It does not matter whether you bought from me or satsklep

Excellent Tony, thanks a million. Don't have an email for you and can't private message you for a copy of the firmware. I have one of those boxes that seemed to be out a lot so it will be interesting to see how it goes. I can test it this evening if you send it on.

Advertisement