Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebook name question

• 30-05-2011 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭

Hi
    I have a facebook page for my business and I want to print the link to my facebook page on a business card. Let's say the name of my business is too tired I want the facebook link to read like this

www.facebook.com/tootired

at the moment when I type the above page not found shows up. The only way I can get to my page to load is if I put in

www.facebook.com/too-tired/170643279

I want to get rid of the long sequence of digits and just have tootired, does anyone know how to get rid of the digits?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

You need to have 30 fans or likes if I remember correctly

Then go to Facebook.com/username and you can set from there

Hope that's what you meant!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

i think all you have to do is type in facebook.com/tootired and it will bring you to the fb site with the wierd no of digits after it, or you could just say on your card to search on face book for tootired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭tootired

Hi Justaddwater

Thanks, your advice worked kind of!!

I have a business page set up for approx a year and a half, but a few months ago according to fb I had to link an admin to the business account, which is just my name and doesn't appear on posts etc. When I log into my fb business page I have to log in as me then go into account settings and switch to use facebook as page. This is totally seperate to my personal personal fb page.
    So I went onto the www.facebook.com/username

It told me I had to be in my profile(not tootired) in order to change name. Did this but when I type in www.facebook.com/tootired it brings me to my admin profile. I can only change the name one more time according to fb....fb melts my head, but works very well for my business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭tootired

I now know that I set my desired url name for my admin profile and not my business page. FB does not make it very clear or easy to use!!

anyway I changed my admin name to something else and tried to put in the desired name for my business but fb tell me this name is unavailable - of course it is:rolleyes: I bloody well used it!!! I just want to switch it.
    Does anyone know if this name will be available again and in what kind of time frame?

anyone know if I can contact fb to ask them for my name back?? and how would one go about emailing fb seeing as it looks like they really don't want to be contacted

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

did something similar about a week ago and facebook remembered that the name had been used and as you report it wasn't any longer available. I eventually gave up waiting for the original name to be released, and called it something entirely different which mightn't be practical for you (in my case I was bound by time).. perhaps if you try contacting facebook, explaining the situation, they'll be able to advise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 IrishCalypso

I've heard that Facebook has changed the custom URL from Profile to Page. You might find a way of contacting them in this article:

http://www.110words.com/1272/how-to-contact-facebook-email-support/

Advertisement