Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaming on Galaxy S

Options
  • 31-05-2011 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

I signed up to Meteor Billpay in January and was in UK last week and my phone would not roam. I could see UK networks but could no connect.

Does anyone know before i get onto Meteor is there a setting to enable roaming?

I know there is an enable data roaming setting but dont want to be using data abroad as they charge obscene amount for this.

Any info would help??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

You can download Quick Settings from the market and disable the 3G. That would stop the roaming data question.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Yep it's disabled by default. You gotta call them up and get them to activate.

Note that you only get cheap roaming on T-Mobile in UK, connect to any other network and you get crucified. Also forget about using data, too expensive. Go to settings -> wireless networks -> disable data roaming. No need to download app.

Advertisement