Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stanley Cup Finals 2011 Canucks vs Bruins

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

04072511 wrote: »

5) The Comeback - The Bills trailed by 32 points in the 3rd quarter of a playoff game against the Hoston Oilers and came back and won by 3 in OT.

The 'Frank Reich' game. This was the end of the Run and Shoot offense as well as the entire Houston coaching staff. Epic comeback.

NEARLY 150 INJURED, SOME SERIOUSLY, IN VANCOUVER RIOT

VANCOUVER -- As hospitals tended to almost 150 injured in Vancouver's hockey riots, dawn broke with dozens of volunteers patrolling the city's entertainment strip, picking up debris and garbage.

Al Cyrenne carried his broom downtown as he made his way downtown on the Canada Line.

"I'm all choked up," he said, as he surveyed broken windows and debris on a downtown street.

"I can't believe the scene. Just talking about it bring me to tears. I can't believe the people of Vancouver would do this.

Stay classy Vancouver !! j/k lol

While I have no love for the Canucks or their fans, my thoughts go out to the people who were injured by these clowns. It's a shame that these idiots are going to give the entire city a bad name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Stay classy Vancouver !! LOL

This was my favourite article about the Vancouver Canucks......ever.

Smacks of jealousy and sour grapes. Would have been so much better if we'd just swept in Game 4 and saved everyone the hassle of thinking for a second that the Hawks were anything more than a mediocre team that fluked its way into the playoffs...
    melb wrote: »
    Don't be ridiculous. The way those "fans" from Van are acting now they don't deserve anything.

If you think those morons are representative of Canucks fans or the people of BC, then you are sadly mistaken. The scum exploited the large crowd as cover to cause the trouble they did. They were organised, and this was premeditated, win or lose.

Seeing the scenes from downtown last night hurts more than losing the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,053 ✭✭✭✭cena

Too cap it all off. watch this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBSHbxfUPdQ

tolosenc wrote: »
    Smacks of jealousy and sour grapes. Would have been so much better if we'd just swept in Game 4 and saved everyone the hassle of thinking for a second that the Hawks were anything more than a mediocre team that fluked its way into the playoffs

Funny. It took you seven games to beat a team that was half as good as they were the year before.

The Canucks were a fluke. They won the Presidents Trophy because they play in the worst division in hockey. Any half decent team playing Colorado, Edmonton, Minnesota and Calgary 24 times per season is going to put up huge numbers.

Vancouver now has an anchor around their neck in the form of the most over-paid, over-hyped and under-achieving goaltender in the NHL in Luongo. He has a porcelain spine and will never be an elite goaltender. The Canucks achieved in spite of him, not because of him. Just like Team Canada in the 2010 Olympics.

With the exception of Kesler, and possibly Bieksa, Vancouver is soul-less. A bunch of soft, whining cheap shot artists who should be diving for Diving Plongeon Canada

The true colours of the Vancouver players, organisation and faithful were on display for the world to see. This was this team's one shot at immortality and they came up lacking ....again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Funny. It took you seven games to beat a team that was half as good as they were the year before.

The Canucks were a fluke. They won the Presidents Trophy because they play in the worst division in hockey. Any half decent team playing Colorado, Edmonton, Minnesota and Calgary 24 times per season is going to put up huge numbers.

Vancouver now has an anchor around their neck in the form of the most over-paid, over-hyped and under-achieving goaltender in the NHL in Luongo. He has a porcelain spine and will never be an elite goaltender. The Canucks achieved in spite of him, not because of him. Just like Team Canada in the 2010 Olympics.

With the exception of Kesler, and possibly Bieksa, Vancouver is soul-less. A bunch of soft, whining cheap shot artists who should be diving for Diving Plongeon Canada

The true colours of the Vancouver players, organisation and faithful were on display for the world to see. This was this team's one shot at immortality and they came up lacking ....again.

Not a Canucks fan I'm guessing! :) Watched the game last night when I went home and they were gutless. No passion, no fight, the Bruins were never going to lose that game. I said in my post yesterday that the scoreline made it look like an easy victory for the Bruins and it was too easy. Another goal or 2 wouldn't have been unjust. The game was over by the start of the 3rd period.

COYW wrote: »
    Not a Canucks fan I'm guessing! :) Watched the game last night when I went home and they were gutless. No passion, no fight, the Bruins were never going to lose that game. I said in my post yesterday that the scoreline made it look like an easy victory for the Bruins and it was too easy. Another goal or 2 wouldn't have been unjust. The game was over by the start of the 3rd period.

First of all, let me say (as I have in the past), that Vancouver is a very talented team. I don't think anyone can deny them that. My issue is the constant crying and whining about the officials and the NHL front office conspiring against them. Then you watch the team and you have gutless little pukes like Burrows biting, diving, pulling hair. There is very little 'honour' amongst the Canucks.

I do like Ryan Kesler. I think his a warrior in every respect. He is everything that the higher priced talent on the Canucks should aspire to be. He never quits and battles every shift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 rismak7

If you think the Canucks names would have dishonored the Stanley Cup, you'd be hard pressed to argue Charra's name doesn't do likewise after that horrible hit on Max Pacioretty back in March.

rismak7 wrote: »
    If you think the Canucks names would have dishonored the Stanley Cup, you'd be hard pressed to argue Charra's name doesn't do likewise after that horrible hit on Max Pacioretty back in March.

I have no problem with the Chara hit. I have watched it dozens of times and there was ZERO malice intended and there was not a penalty or suspension called on the play.

While I feel for Pacioretty, he got caught in a bad place. The design of the benches/partitions are in the process of being re-designed because of this accident.

• Advertisement

I have no problem with the Chara hit. I have watched it dozens of times and there was ZERO malice intended and there was not a penalty or suspension called on the play.

While I feel for Pacioretty, he got caught in a bad place. The design of the benches/partitions are in the process of being re-designed because of this accident.

I disagree with your assessment. Max and Charra had priors before this incident and while I don't think Charra wanted to hurt him as bad as he did, I think he wanted to get revenge on Max. I don't buy the design of the rink argument either. Charra should have been aware of where he was on the rink and had the common sense to realise that since he's bigger than most players in the league, there is a much greater chance of him seriously hurting someone if he's not careful.

By the way, there was a penalty called for the hit and Charra did get a game misconduct for it as well.

rismak7 wrote: »
    I disagree with your assessment. Max and Charra had priors before this incident and while I don't think Charra wanted to hurt him as bad as he did, I think he wanted to get revenge on Max. I don't buy the design of the rink argument either. Charra should have been aware of where he was on the rink and had the common sense to realise that since he's bigger than most players in the league, there is a much greater chance of him seriously hurting someone if he's not careful.

By the way, there was a penalty called for the hit and Charra did get a game misconduct for it as well.

The day that happens the NHL might as well close it doors. The reason that he has won a Norris Trophy is directly in part to his size. NHL players are getting bigger and bigger every season. That rationale is (sorry to say) ridiculous.

I am not a Boston Bruins fan (outside of this seasons Finals). I have no interest in either team. I saw no malice in that hit. It was unfortunate for the Canadiens, but it happened.

You were absolutely correct that there was a penalty and a misconduct on the play. He was late coming in, so I could see it as an interference call, but I didn't see the need for a misconduct.

This area of the arena is going to be redesigned in the off-season because of this injury. As a matter of fact when the Canadiens players returned to the arena after a road trip they were upset that this had not already been corrected.

The day that happens the NHL might as well close it doors. The reason that he has won a Norris Trophy is directly in part to his size. NHL players are getting bigger and bigger every season. That rationale is (sorry to say) ridiculous.

There's nothing ridiculous about expecting a player to be aware of what's around him while he's on the ice and to expect him to hit other players in a sensible fashion. The last thing I want to see in the NHL is a player die on the ice because of some awful hit.

I'm not doubting Charra is a good player either, I just think he just could have done better with that hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfZNJHK3J5o

Speaking of massive hits, this one from game 3 is up there with the biggest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

This is how you celebrate a Stanley Cup

bar_tab_bruins.jpg
    included the now-famous $100,000.00 bottle of Ace of Spades "Midas" champagne

Shrine owners Ed Kane, Joe Kane, and Randy Greenstein hand-delivered the 30-liter "Midas" bottle, which is one of six in existence. The bottle was double the size of the 15-liter Ace of Spades brut that Mavericks owner Mark Cuban purchased for his team after its NBA championship just one week ago.

Ha Mark Cuban you cheapskate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Advertisement