Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I ask for forgiveness?

Options
  • 31-05-2011 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I carelessly sent an email that was meant to tease. I am afraid I took it to the extreme and I have hurt him badly. He wrote back a very hurtful reply which he never would have sent if he hadn't been affected terribly himself. We live far away from each other and I am broken inside thinking I may have caused the love of my life pain. He may never talk to me again, I don't know. I love him so much but I cannot tell him so....just yet. He is my angel and I would never hurt him intentionally. How do I express my deepest regret, tell him I understand why he replied as he did and how do I ask him to please forgive me? I believe that we were meant for each other at this stage in life and I know that we need each other. I know he loves me. I feel it. I will never be happy without him. In my entire life, I have never met a man that I have felt so deeply for. Neither he or I are all too young and this is not a game for us. I am dying inside thinking he went to bed hurting because I caused it. I want to hold him and tell him I love him and that I am sorry but I cannot do so from so far away. Any advice for me on how to save my love from leaving me?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

II am dying inside thinking he went to bed hurting because I caused it. I want to hold him and tell him I love him and that I am sorry but I cannot do so from so far away. Any advice for me on how to save my love from leaving me?

Don't you think you're being a tad overdramatic here?

Is this an online "relationship" by any chance?

My advice would be to give him a few days to cool down and then send him a nice email (take out the wildly overdramatic adolescent sentiments) and tell him you're really sorry for sending the email and that you'd hope it hasn't ruined things. There's not a lot else you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

Call him and get it sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

Fortunately I grew up in an era when e-mails didn't play any part in daily life. I am constantly amazed at how quickly people put themselves into awkward positions because they try to solve their relationship issues (business or personal) through e-mail. It was never designed for such a purpose, and is a poor substitute for talking one-to-one, either by phone or face-to-face.

Call him, say to him what you have typed to us, and get yourselves back on track.

Be at peace,

Z

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I love him so much but I cannot tell him so....just yet.

Why not? If it's eating you up like you say it is, and you sincerely think that he feels similarly, surely you have little to lose by telling him? It just seems strange that in your head this is a mutually loving relationship while in reality it's apparently breaking down because of a misunderstood email. There's a puzzling disconnect there.
    How do I express my deepest regret, tell him I understand why he replied as he did and how do I ask him to please forgive me?

You've kind of answered your own question here.

Advertisement