Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone explain the fascination with the FFFUUUUUU guy to me?

Options
  • 31-05-2011 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

I have seen this character on a million and one threads and i don't find him funny, yet time and time again i see people with intelligent and funny replies outdone in thanks by people who post silly FFUUUUUUU guy responses. I know what i'm allowing myself in for with this in after hours but if anyone can see sense, can they please explain to me the attraction?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

What's there to explain? Obviously a lot of people find it funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭JuneBug29

What's there to explain? Obviously a lot of people find it funny.

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Humour is subjective, so I can only speak for myself. If I find a particular one funny, it's usually because it portrays something that I regularly get annoyed about in an amusing fashion. There are very good rage comics but also it seems like ten times as many pisspoor rehashed attempts. Personally, I am well and truly sick of them at this stage. But obviously a lot of people still like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

I love him, one day i hope to marry him, its now my lifes ambition....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

JuneBug29 wrote: »
    I have seen this character on a million and one threads and i don't find him funny, yet time and time again i see people with intelligent and funny replies outdone in thanks by people who post silly FFUUUUUUU guy responses. I know what i'm allowing myself in for with this in after hours but if anyone can see sense, can they please explain to me the attraction?

FFFFFFFUUUUUUU!

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I love the rage comics when they work. Like batchelor frog, when it's something you can relate to it's funny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

fuuuuuuuuu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

JuneBug29..... Y U NO GO knowyourmame ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Just a phase.
    In a few months it'll be replaced as the kool kidz find something new

Already I see this like a boss creeping in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Just a phase.
    In a few months it'll be replaced as the kool kidz find something new

Already I see this like a boss creeping in
    Like a boss is well over two years old at this stage, old man :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

It's new to me, I'm behind the times alright :o

I just see it creeping more and more onto boards

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Wildlife Actor

Pdfile wrote: »
    JuneBug29..... Y U NO GO knowyourmame ????

Pdfile.... Y U NO SPELL RIGHT????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

The answer to all of above can be summarized by "coz its funneh" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Like A Bawss Is making a comeback! :D:D

Serious question to the OP;
    Do you not find him funny, or you dont understand why he is funny or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Y U NO FIND RAGE GUY FUNNY?!

Its not called FFUUUUUU guy btw =p. Rage comics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

It's a convenient way to express humourous situations without recourse to any artistic skills. It's implied humour at it's best. No need for a written joke. The crudeness of the doodles is meant to enhance the joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

foxyboxer wrote: »
    It's a convenient way to express humourous situations without recourse to any artistic skills. It's implied humour at it's best. No need for a written joke. The crudeness of the doodles is meant to enhance the joke.

plus the situations that make funny ragecomics don't make good jokes, raisin cookies, tangled headphones, psychotic girlfriends, etc. i think they work best when they tell a story of a common situation that the majority have experienced, like the following for example
    [Rasta] wrote: »
    tumblr_ll9oglW7ft1qe7gamo1_500.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭recyclebin

That FFFFFFUUUU guy is just annoying. He is overused on boards just like "blast him with piss" and "fap". Can't we something original anymore?

recyclebin wrote: »
    That FFFFFFUUUU guy is just annoying. He is overused on boards just like "blast him with piss" and "fap". Can't we something original anymore?

You come up with something then?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

recyclebin wrote: »

Blasting things with piss is usually used with bachelor Toad, which I haven't seen in a long ass time on boards.. and the Fap thing is prob the most original meme to use.

If you don't like any of these create your own comics with new meme's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Personally, I find meme's stupid, and overused.

I have found 1 or 2 sort of funny. But mostly they're people attempting to make their own up in an attempt to be funny because they think they'll get lots of thanks by making up a 'new' meme.

Just look at the 'You laugh, you lose...' thread. Its rubbish. Its just pages and pages of crap meme's thanked way too many times.

I reckon meme's are the drug for Emo kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

the You Laugh you Lose thread has been destroyed by these god awful memes. Anyone who finds them funny is probably distracted easily by shiny things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

the You Laugh you Lose thread has been destroyed by these god awful memes. Anyone who finds them funny is probably distracted easily by shiny things.

:eek: Where!?

My gawd i want shiny things!! GimmeGimmeGimme!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

FFFFFUUUUUU guy for president!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Rage guy is old news by now. Me gusta is where it's at

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Rage guy, me gusta, what's the difference? Its all the same concept, the same meme really. Like any joke its funny if its used well, unfortunately it rarely is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

CatArgue.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

• Advertisement
Advertisement