Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Cap with UTV BB...

• 31-05-2011 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'm in need of upgrading my download cap to unlimited, or anything greater than 20GB. I've just bought loads of games from Steam and I won't be able to download them without going over the cap.

One game alone for example is 15GB.

I emailed them and enquired about it and they asked if I would like to add the download unlimited cap for e5.99 and I said yes. Another person replied to my email then said I can't get it on the next generation broadband... so that sucked. They said it would cost me around e52.99 for a package with unlimited cap.

At first the e5.99 unlimited cap seemed to be available to me but maybe the other person just wants me to spend more money and possibly get appraisal for it? Does anyone here have this download cap for e5.99 extra?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

I've got the unlimited add on, but I don't have NGB.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Fart wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm in need of upgrading my download cap to unlimited, or anything greater than 20GB. I've just bought loads of games from Steam and I won't be able to download them without going over the cap.

One game alone for example is 15GB.

I emailed them and enquired about it and they asked if I would like to add the download unlimited cap for e5.99 and I said yes. Another person replied to my email then said I can't get it on the next generation broadband... so that sucked. They said it would cost me around e52.99 for a package with unlimited cap.

At first the e5.99 unlimited cap seemed to be available to me but maybe the other person just wants me to spend more money and possibly get appraisal for it? Does anyone here have this download cap for e5.99 extra?

Thanks.

I spoke to UTV last week about it. Absolute maximum cap on their "unlimited" is 75GB :eek: There is no way of adding on to an NGB package. One of the main reasons I'm leaving them, their packages are now terrible VFM. VF and Digiweb offer 120GB usage allowances on their NGB products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

That's why I'll won't upgrade to sucky NGB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Damn that sucks. I'll probably stick with them for another while as I have to pay to cut off their services.

Thanks for the replies.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Fart wrote: »
    Damn that sucks. I'll probably stick with them for another while as I have to pay to cut off their services.

Thanks for the replies.

If you do leave, make damn sure and give them notice 30 days in writing. They don't seem to pushed on you doing it when they are taking your business from another ISP, but they make sure to get it when you're leaving them......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

I have had UTV with the unlimited option for 2+ years and have regularly d/loaded 100-150GBs per month and never heard anything from them

I always set my downloads to start up at off peak times though

Auvers wrote: »
    I have had UTV with the unlimited option for 2+ years and have regularly d/loaded 100-150GBs per month and never heard anything from them

I always set my downloads to start up at off peak times though

As have I, but "unlimited" on NGB is 75GB, and there is no "unlimited" add-on anymore.

Advertisement