Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping - unfeckinbelievable.

Options
  • 31-05-2011 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

Did anyone get a cost slapped onto their shipment of personal effects at sydney port?

It turns out I need to pay an amount almost equivalent to the total amount it cost to collect at my house in Ireland and ship it to Australia just to have it released at the port.

Absolutely fuming at this stage.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

What is the charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Jumpy wrote: »
    Did anyone get a cost slapped onto their shipment of personal effects at sydney port?

It turns out I need to pay an amount almost equivalent to the total amount it cost to collect at my house in Ireland and ship it to Australia just to have it released at the port.

Absolutely fuming at this stage.
    Where you not expecting that?
    I thought that was pretty standard stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

They just want you to "feel at home in Oz"

We know you'll be missing "ripoff Ireland"

Of course there will be a charge, you should have checked out the costs prior to leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

533 AUD. No wasnt expecting this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

The reason I wasnt expecting it was because I was assured all transit costs were paid.
    Its already cost me 800 euro. I was expecting to simply pay any customs tax and collect it on arrival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's not a transit cost, you paid to get it here. 800 should cover that, and it did
    Customs or fees for holding your stuff is on top of it.

Obviously they didn't explain this properly, or even highlight but its pretty standard

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Gregsor

I do feel for you,happened me with a car i brought over found out it was only paid up to been lifted off the ship and i had to fork out 1000Aud to get it from the port and to quarantine.

It seems if you don't ask you won't know and it leads to assumptions.

Makes me really go through the smaller print now,what is the company you used?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

old_aussie wrote: »
    They just want you to "feel at home in Oz"

We know you'll be missing "ripoff Ireland"

Of course there will be a charge, you should have checked out the costs prior to leaving.

Sterling effort keeping us paddys in line Mr Aussie.

Advertisement