Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo Printing

• 31-05-2011 6:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

Anyone have any recomendations for a good and reasonably priced place to get photos printed? I have to clear my 2 memory cards and have about 2 years worth of photos to print. About 800 in total so looking for some place that wont cost a bomb. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,340 ✭✭✭✭phog

Firstly, you should backup the memory cards and you should do them more often than 2 years if you really dont want to lose any photos.

Next you should review and only print only what you really need, to me 200 would be way too much but then each to their opwn.

I find Harvey Normans and Sounstore good but I'd only print maybe about 20 photos each time so costs were never huge.

I'd suggest googling for online pronters, I think Lidl do a good offer, maybe An Post too?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Oooh wow, 2 years of data on external solid state memory, excuse me while I shout BACKUP QUICKLY LUCY

Now that I've that out of the way :) As phog mentioned, Harvey Normal and Soundstore are good, people also have good things to say about Snap Printing. Personally I used photobox for all my printing needs, not only do they do good offers but they also have a tonne of online storage space that doubles as a online backup

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Not a big place but the chemist next to Tesco Express in Westbury are printing 50 pics for €5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Online is your best bet. Try BONUSPRINT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Newmans do something em for about 20c each, and you wouldn't really get much cheaper then that - and I doubt you need to print em all!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 chickenrun2011

i used bonusprint before as well. pics start at 9 cent per picture and a low delivery charge... www.bonusprint.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭georgem25

Aldi is very reasonable and you get 100 free prints on your first order

http://www.aldiphotos.ie/?WT.z_src=banner&WT.ac=Online+Photo+Service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭LucyLouLou

Thanks for all the suggestions, will check them out, and don't worry I have them all backed up already, just never got around to deleting them off the memory cards, just pure laziness on my part:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

if you've got them all backed up safely why not just print the ones you really want, set your PC screensaver to picture mode or buy a digital photoframe so you can see them regularly enough and just delete the cards. sounds mad to me to print off 800 photos - would you really look at them all that often to justify the expense ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Harvey Norman's 6x4 prints are 19c each, but they often do a half price offer or BOGOF so keep an eye out for that offer (often advertised in Limerick Post/Leader etc) and you'll be able to get them for about 9c per photo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

O'Sullivans are doing batches of 100 for €13.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

I use Photobox.ie and I find them exellent. The more prints you order, the cheaper it is per print :) I'm the same, and let them all build up over a couple of years. It's such a pain then trying to sort through what photos you actually want to print :rolleyes:

Going to go with aldi, they're the cheapest.
    I couldn't put them in a digital frame, sorry, I'm old school, I have to have them in my hands to look at them.
    And yes do need to get about 800 done:D Lots of them are doubles for mother in law as well, she has a big birthday coming up and going to do an album with photos of the grandkinds, so I have the birth of two of my children, three years worth of birthdays, christenings, communions, weddings, school plays etc etc you get the picture. (pardon the pun)

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    I use Photobox.ie and I find them exellent. The more prints you order, the cheaper it is per print :) I'm the same, and let them all build up over a couple of years. It's such a pain then trying to sort through what photos you actually want to print :rolleyes:
    might check them out as well, thanks:D

Advertisement