Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suggestions Please

• 31-05-2011 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

First off the image:
    haze_by_superflyninja-d3hafhd.jpg

The image is lacking something for me and i cant pin down what. Im not sure if it is the crop/framing itself or the PP....any help would be very much appreciated :D
    In regard to the current PP i feel the light in the image is quite airy and soft so i did some standard some PP but none to bring out contrast or colour ( if i tried to bring up the vibrance/saturation areas of the building start turning yellow).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Where are you trying to go with it ? It does nothing for me. Flicking around the image, a motorcycle. Some parking ticket sign or something. A line of parked motorcycles. I don't think there's any PP that can lift this, you might just have to chalk it down to experience and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Waaaaaaaay to over exposed

It doesn't do anything for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I have a few saved actions in photoshop and I think one of them would suit this shot, do you mind if I try it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

there's too much wall and the main focus, the motorbike on the right, is really boring looking

the lighting is lovely, but nothing nice being lit up by it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I have a few saved actions in photoshop and I think one of them would suit this shot, do you mind if I try it?
    that would be great cheers :D

what i was going for with this was a calm summers evening basically. i think its one of those where actually being there was so atmospheric and looking at the photo "cold" a lot seem to have been lost in translation....or pp....hehehe :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Maybe it speaks to you personally, maybe that's good enough, if it takes you back to that time and place, and reminds you how you felt. Sometimes we worry too much about affecting other people with our pictures, sometimes it's good enough if we just affect ourselves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Ok well, here goes 2 versions.... It is reminding me of a shot I saw long ago so I am going to try something else on it in a minute, the second of these being the one I prefer though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Ok well, here goes 2 versions.... It is reminding me of a shot I saw long ago so I am going to try something else on it in a minute, the second of these being the one I prefer though.

1st ones lovely.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

The image is lacking something for me
    it's lacking any sort of point of focus and is too busy without the business offering anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

hmmmm thanks. I do prefer the first one though.
    I do agree there isnt much focus in this image.Problem is the image is pretty much cropped in half...and the full image worked better however there is a car in the foreground...thanks for the feedback guys I actually learned something!
    I need to stop being lazy and actually think about the shots again.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement