Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some photos of my baby for c&c

• 31-05-2011 9:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Do you think those photos have too much PP?
    Was using Lightroom 3, faded photo preset,plus saturated a little bit,aplyed noise reduction,plus vigneting. Just like this style :) I am just amateur,would like to get some profesional advise.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

Very cute

just two things,

1) I would not crop so tight on the first picture, looks like you have scalped the poor dear

2) the last picture, i'd crop in closer, its not a very aesthetic background / setting

but they look good otherwise

One thing i would say as a personal preference, im not a fan of over processing shots of kids, i think they look much better naturally, dirty faces included. I'm not a fan of airbrushing them.

keep playing around with Lightroom, its full of great little surprises
    and check out Youtube for some tutorials. there should be a load up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭goldseeker

Thanks Paulusdu. First picture i did not crop,just happened i took picture too close. You right for the last,i should crop more.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Nice photos. Great model.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭positivenote

no.4 is an absolute classic photo mate...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

No. 3 my favorite. No.1 over saturated, No. 4 needs cropping. My 2C!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

cutie!!

last shot try a crop right down where the line is on th wall on the right there - and along the top of the wall, I think it would look really nice!
    :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

lovely shots, just one thing. maybe keep unedited versions, the pp is nice but i think its very flavor of the month at the moment and may look naff in the future, at least if you have originals you can redit if the case is true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Your subject is an absolute dote and a most pleasant image to behold. Kinda thing to warm your heart on a cold day. Very sweet indeed.

Just my opinion but;

I don't like the style of processing for the subject matter involved. I quite like it in other circumstances but haven't yet seen portraits or people candids that look good with that type of processing except where you are trying to put a very unusual tint/effect to something, and given your baby is such a dote, I think it takes from the innocence of it all.

This imho is a pity because you have a bundle of extreme cuteness there.

As mentioned previously, i'd suggest going back to the original raws or source jpgs and try some 'softer' type of processing yielding brighter (happier) end product.

#1 is cute but there is something a litttle weird with the extreme closeness and cropped head.

I also think that your subject is too central in the images when viewed as a set - ok/not a problem in terms of viewing individual images or if hanging a single one on your wall.

#3 is the best imho - a little off center. appropriate crop. but i'd revert to originals.

I'm not convinced on the use of presets. I know a lot of people swear by them but.... yeah, i'm only a little bit of a fan of them (small doses kinda stuff)

*please note, the above is most definitely not professional advice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

Lovely shots!
    number 3 would be my fave
    not a big fan of vignetting with portaits,everyone to their own!

you have a great little model:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

I love the expression in #2 ! What a great capture!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ganlan

liu.jpgsignature2.jpgseo1.jpgseo2.jpguk2.jpgyeah ,I think so!

p

How can i remove this thread?
    Any ideas?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

why do you want to remove it?
    if you just want to remove the photos, delete them from where they're hosted.

I want delete photos, hosted in boards somewhere.Tryed, could not manage to delete them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

You could send a message to one of the mods and they will, I'm sure, accommodate you if you can give them enough reason.

I thought I could delete photos any time i want,do not want my children photos hanging here forever.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

go to 'user cp' (near top left) > attachments (bottom of left hand menu) > select and delete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

go to 'user cp' (near top left) > attachments (bottom of left hand menu) > select and delete.

Yeah but are they not going to stay on the internet because they have been saved in a cache memory or some such thing? For instance if you put a photo up on flickr and delete it a year later is it not still possible to see the image through google's search engine?

possibly, but there's no way of dealing with that.

• Advertisement

Thanks magicbastarder deleted atachments,still showing in thread,will check later.

i just cleared my cache and they're gone.

Yes,they gone,deleting atachments did the trick.Thanks guys.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Shame, after seeing the great comments I really wanted to see these pictures.

It seems we will have a whole hidden generation since we're all so paranoid about images of children. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Handy to know about deleting attachments from locked posts. One thing should be pointed out. Once an image goes on to the internet, it is there for ever. It gets cached, a numerous amount of times by multiple search engines and kept there for posterity. If you don't want to have images of your children view-able on the internet then you simply need to stop posting in open forums.

I can well understand your reasoning for wanting removal of the image. With all the issues regarding child protection, the negative press reports and a parents heightened sense of protection over their child. But in the same breath, I can't find any plausible reason why you shouldn't post a perfectly decent image other than paranoia caused by the very same reasons mentioned above.

i don't post any photos of people on here. it's not that i'm worried about some notion of paedophiles beating themselves off over images of my niece and nephews, as i don't post *any* photos of family or friends online except in locations they have sole access to. which is one reason i don't post a huge number of photos here.

if my family or friends knew i was posting photos of them taken at what would generally be regarded as 'private' gatherings (even if they are taken in a public place), it might change how comfortable they are about leaving me to run around with a camera. also, i personally think it's polite not to make photos of them available to the general public unless they are aware beforehand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

People are getting f*cking crazy paranoid about photos of their kids on the net , for f*cks sake they are regular photos of the kids having fun , walking , sitting etc.. just Normal regular pics ..

Jesus, lets all lock our kids in windowless rooms and never take 'em outside cos the PEADOPHILES are EVERYWHERE ready to strike !!!!!

Jesus, you have more chance of your kids being killed in a car crash ffs.....

calm down, no one in the thread has said that that is why they don't want the photos online.

Advertisement