Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clay shooting coaching course?

Options
  • 31-05-2011 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

can anyone tell me if there is another clay shooting association in ireland other than the ICPSA? im trying to find a coaching course that will qualify me to give an introduction to clay shooting with a recognised qualification.
    i rang the ICPSA but they did not know if or when they will run another course ''because there is no demand for one!''
    i'm told i can go to the uk and do it, but it will cost me thousands!

appreciate any advice.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

if its basic shotgun safety and handling courses you want to run - as opposed to "how to be a better clay shooter" - then there are NRA instructor courses you can do in how to teach and how to teach basic safety and handling with shotguns - as per a predefined curriculum.

I find them to be quite good.

Many target clubs now have NRA qualified instructors in basic safety and handling for various firearms - if your own club cannot hook you up them PM and I will pass you on the details I have.

B'Man

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

can anyone tell me if there is another clay shooting association in ireland other than the ICPSA? im trying to find a coaching course that will qualify me to give an introduction to clay shooting with a recognised qualification.
    i rang the ICPSA but they did not know if or when they will run another course ''because there is no demand for one!''
    i'm told i can go to the uk and do it, but it will cost me thousands!

appreciate any advice.

The courses that were run here a few years back were actually run by the CPSA rather than the ICPSA. The tutors came over from the UK for a week at a time -- a week for Level 1 and then later another week for those of us who went on to do Level 2 in their particular discipline.

At present you don't have any choice other than to do one of the courses in the UK - unless you can get sufficient numbers as the ICPSA did - then the UK will come to us! Also, the ICPSA part funded the costs.

Advertisement