Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Come Dine With Me Ireland (Week 1 - Cork)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

kmart6 wrote: »
    No, she said she moved to Cork 3 years ago!!

Ah right, the way she said it made her sound like she was trying to suggest that she moved from Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭silverspoon

Her surname is Costello so at least one of her parents is Irish or Irish descent.

At the beginning of the show the voice over said she was born in Italy. Being born in a stable doesn't make you a horse! :pac:

In fairness, she's married. So it's probably not her original surname.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Ah right, the way she said it made her sound like she was trying to suggest that she moved from Italy.
    Not really, the question that was asked was everyone from Cork, blondie said yeah, the 'entirely straight' checkered shirt dude said he was from Kerry and Louisa said she moved to Cork 3 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

kmart6 wrote: »
    Not really, the question that was asked was everyone from Cork, blondie said yeah, the 'entirely straight' checkered shirt dude said he was from Kerry and Louisa said she moved to Cork 3 years ago!

And immediately before that she went on about how far away she is from, and she mentioned that she was from outside Ireland, so the way she was talking she seemed to be suggestion that she was from Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

In fairness, she's married. So it's probably not her original surname.

Ok fair enough but I remain unconvinced!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

And immediately before that she went on about how far away she is from, and she mentioned that she was from outside Ireland, so the way she was talking she seemed to be suggestion that she was from Italy.
    Just trying to make good TV I'd say! We won't fall out over it!;)

Ok fair enough but I remain unconvinced!

Yeah I don't think she's from Italy either but I'm just saying, she's married so it probably explains why her surname is Costello.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭philboy

I'm only 8 minutes into watching it online and I have to say. Louisa is the most annoying opinionated person I've seen on CDWM in a long time. She will be some pain in the hole for them all wk I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

Is there a 'Come Photosynthesis With Me' version for Lousia?

I lost. Well done to you sir/madam :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Roll on tomorrow night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just watched it. Some priceless comedy in it too ("F**king vegetarians", and Dave Lambs comment about getting some human friends)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was odd to hear swearing in a CDWM episode alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Basq wrote: »
    Was odd to hear swearing in a CDWM episode alright!
    i missed cdwm irish verson, when was it on, will it be repeated, and what channel is it on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Just watched it, was good, cant wait for next episode:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

goat2 wrote: »
    i missed cdwm irish verson, when was it on, will it be repeated, and what channel is it on

It's on at 9pm on tv3. Not sure when tonight's episode will be repeated.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

All the episodes will be repeated on Saturday and they'll also be available a few hours after airing on the TV3 website.

Saturday pre-watershed = bleeped language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I'm so glad Dave Lamb is doing the voiceover - he's absolutely brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

I loved it. Dave was a great host - I wonder did he work in Paddy Garibaldi's 'back in the day'? Hubbie and I think he did. I'd say the older woman will be good craic too. I'm with the rest of ye regarding Louisa - what a moan!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I enjoyed it. Louisa is painful. I think Helena will be great craic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gobo111

papagormo wrote: »
    Kerrrist but I enjoyed tonight's show. Is that Italian job girl actually Italian or is that a massive pile of tripe?
    The host for the evening did very well I thought, the woman that works with horses seems like gas craic, can't wait to see the next episode!:D

Yep, she's Italian. She grew up in Ireland so she speaks with an Irish accent but her nationaliity and whole family is Italian so I think she is entitled to consider herself Italian. An accent is not a definite indicator of nationality, it's not like her Italian has an Irish accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,276 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The so called "Italian" one has been in Cork a lot longer than 3 years whether it be city or county and she is an awful biatch she better not win

Don't hold back, Liz. :)

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The so called "Italian" one has been in Cork a lot longer than 3 years whether it be city or county and she is an awful biatch she better not win

Well she used to live in Mullingar so it's not like she's just here three years. I think it's perfectly plausible that her accent would be Irish. If it is the case that she is from an Italian family but grew up here, then it's probable that her English was learned here and therefore in an Irish accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Mr E wrote: »
    Saturday pre-watershed = bleeped language.

Well not on Masterchef Head Chef.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Don't know gang.. she looks perfectly Italian to me..

louisa_luigi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Couldn't wait for the Irish show to start and tbh am left feeling underwhelmed by the 1st episode.
    Dave looked to me to be a professional - he put together his meal without difficulty and even the way he carried all five plates on his arm to the table

Lousia - as someone else posted nearly looks like a "plant" to stir things up

The "horsey" one is trying tooooooo hard for the cameras with her facial expressions (that she had to refer to)

- the other 2 havn't done or said much yet so will wait and see there.

Basq wrote: »
    Don't know gang.. she looks perfectly Italian to me..

Her surname is Costello which is an Irish name. So I assume her father is Irish.

1966 wrote: »
    Couldn't wait for the Irish show to start and tbh am left feeling underwhelmed by the 1st episode.
    Dave looked to me to be a professional - he put together his meal without difficulty and even the way he carried all five plates on his arm to the table

Lousia - as someone else posted nearly looks like a "plant" to stir things up

The "horsey" one is trying tooooooo hard for the cameras with her facial expressions (that she had to refer to)

- the other 2 havn't done or said much yet so will wait and see there.

You haven't noticed this on the UK version that they have a set number of types to appear on Come Dine With Me. (BTW The only difference here being it was film in Ireland).

Ms. Oppinionated, Mr. Obnotious, Mr. Camp, Mrs. Butch, Mr. Butch, Ms. Girl, Ms. I Am Kinda of a Italiano, Mr & Mrs I let the Cat and Dog walk around my kitchen, Ms. Vegetarian, Ms. I Don't Like any of you etc etc.

BTW Vegetarians if your asking non-vegetarians to taste your Tofu then perhaps you would be polite enough to try some non-vegetarian food. For some reason it is quite expectable for Vegetarians to expect to get vegetarian food handed up to them but not for non-vegetarians to demand that they have meat with their main.

• Advertisement

Also if you can't find Come Dine With Me Ireland on the TV3 Come Dine With Me site well its because they have a separate page for Come Dine With Me Ireland

Episode one here:
    http://www.tv3.ie/shows.php?request=comedinewithmeireland

Advertisement